Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 24 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

They showed more than an hour of it on WWE.com last year. I think it was two, with the third hour being on tv

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Fozzy wrote: »
    They showed more than an hour of it on WWE.com last year. I think it was two, with the third hour being on tv

I'm not too sure about wwe.com, but I know that there is one hour on tv over there.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Safe journey to everyone heading over to Mania - I'd say the next time I log on will be when I get home next Tuesday! I hope to meet some of you over in Orlando.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you'll find me in the bar of the quality inn at some point :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 wm24

New to this guys.
    You wont find me at any bars, bringing my 10 year old daughter over to see it. She is crazy about it.
    We have a place over there so apart from the shows, WM24 and MNR,
    I dont think I will get any adult conversation, hectic time though, arrive 4 o'clock Sat, Sunday full, monday full, fly back to Dublin Tuesday, going to be knackered, well worth it though.

• Advertisement

Shorts in the day time, can get a bit chilly in the evenings, but by no means Irish weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Well I am flaying out early Friday and staying in the Comfort Inn for 8 nights and then back to Ireland. Hope all you guys enjoy it.

Couldnt get the 8 nights, lucky to get what I got. Over again in June for 3 weeks and then another week in September. Hope to get more wrestling in for the daughter, and myself to be honest!!!! Up at 6:30 today watching last nites raw, not much going on, alot of talking!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Bit about the HOF Taping:

- The 2008 WWE Hall of Fame inductions scheduled to be included on this year’s tape delay broadcast on the USA Network will include those of Ric Flair, Rocky Johnson, Peter Maivia, and Mae Young. The special will air at 11 PM/10 PM Central on Saturday night on the USA Network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 JXP99

wm24 wrote: »
    New to this guys.
    You wont find me at any bars, bringing my 10 year old daughter over to see it. She is crazy about it.
    We have a place over there so apart from the shows, WM24 and MNR,
    I dont think I will get any adult conversation, hectic time though, arrive 4 o'clock Sat, Sunday full, monday full, fly back to Dublin Tuesday, going to be knackered, well worth it though.

Sounds like your on the same flights as us!!!

Just look out for the two Cork lads

• Advertisement

Yeah, arrive in Orlando at 16:00, collect the car and then go from there. We are staying in Cumbrian Lakes, off US 192, anyone staying nearby???
    Its grand, we are only about 25 mins from the airport and the same to the Citrus Bowl and Amway Arena.
    And of course the little one wants to go shopping in the florida mall and the premium outlets, typical woman, What About The Wrestling????? Thought thats what I was bringing her over for lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

I really wish I was going to this, you are all lucky lucky bastards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

can you order wm on ntl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

ShaneU wrote: »
    can you order wm on ntl?

I think you can, give them a ring and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

would be better if jeff was in it....:P

ShaneU wrote: »
    can you order wm on ntl?

Yeah, as long as you have digital. They've been a bit dodgy in the past from what I've seen, best off ordering it before the weekend I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 deviniscool

What time is everyone getting to the Citrus Bowl before WrestleMania? Axxess is at 2pm...

going from experience last year im going to go early to axxess then go back to my hotel with stuff i buy, its a pain in the arse watching your bags for the day

:confused:Call it a hunch lads, but I have a funny feeling The Rock is going to be making an appearance at Wrestlemania 24. Just been watching a bit on you tube and there appears to be a fair few vids pointing at the rock. I know he is going to be at the HOF so its defo a good possibility IMO.:D
    In saying that, I could be totally wrong and totally talkin thru my a@?>.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Probably advertising his crappy kids movie

• Advertisement

The vids etc dont appear to be coming from the rocks "people".
    Bit in the papers bout Cena and the rock a while back, going to HOF and then wrestlemania???? I know they dont usually do distractions at wrestlemanias, just whats already planned, but could easily happen at Raw??? Is it just wishful thinking??? Cena Vs The Rock, now that would be good.

krudler wrote: »
    going from experience last year im going to go early to axxess then go back to my hotel with stuff i buy, its a pain in the arse watching your bags for the day

Yeah. What exactly is sold at merch stands during WrestleMania? Anything beyond what they have at the standard TV tapings?

Like, I wanna buy WM XIX and was wondering if they'd be selling it there.

Did you try wweshop.com or Amazon???

they sell mostly tshirts,belts and kids stuff, no dvds akaik,besides you can get mania 19 in gamestop for 12 quid these days i saw it today

wm24 wrote: »
    :confused:Call it a hunch lads, but I have a funny feeling The Rock is going to be making an appearance at Wrestlemania 24. Just been watching a bit on you tube and there appears to be a fair few vids pointing at the rock. I know he is going to be at the HOF so its defo a good possibility IMO.:D
    In saying that, I could be totally wrong and totally talkin thru my a@?>.

Dave Meltzer said that Rock had to "move heaven and earth" to even make the Hall of Fame, I'd say it's very unlikely that he'll be at Wrestlemania

Ah the dream is over! Thanks Fozzy:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 skjalg

Im off to TNA now, look out for the norwegian flag in the impact zone!!! :)

There's only a 10% chance of rain in Orlando on Sunday now. A small part of me was hoping that it would rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Dave Meltzer said that Rock had to "move heaven and earth" to even make the Hall of Fame, I'd say it's very unlikely that he'll be at Wrestlemania

Perhaps he is fooling everyone and he will show up.

• Advertisement

Perhaps he is fooling everyone and he will show up.

Not if they're legit paying Mayweather $20 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Just wanted to say I hope all the folks travelling to the states for this made it over ok, enjoy the show guys

Oh yeah, and I hate you all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

orestes wrote: »
    Just wanted to say I hope all the folks travelling to the states for this made it over ok, enjoy the show guys

Oh yeah, and I hate you all :D

Ditto!!:D

Not if they're legit paying Mayweather $20 million.

They are not paying Mayweather $20 million. They paid Donald Trump $2 million and he helped earn the highest PPV buyrate in wrestling history with what was a poor enough event. They paid Tyson $3.5 million. There is "No Chance In Hell" they are paying him that much. The $20 million tag came from WWE so that decreases the chance of it being true, apparently Cena was meant to be out for a year .

The $20 million tag came from WWE so that decreases the chance of it being true

Shane McMahon said it to the media and since WWE is a publicly traded company they would be breaking the law if they lied about their finances. It's been reported that it's not all that money straight up, but that they'll advertise Mayweather's next fight and stuff like that

From the Wrestling Observer:
    WWE has already learned of TNA's plan to fly a plane with a banner that reads something like "Watch TNA Impact" at some point during Wrestlemania. Well, it's not like it'll air on the broadcast. There are several other incidents that we're trying to get confirmation on that have taken place in recent days.

Stuff like that makes TNA look so second rate

• Advertisement

Shane McMahon said it to the media and since WWE is a publicly traded company they would be breaking the law if they lied about their finances. It's been reported that it's not all that money straight up, but that they'll advertise Mayweather's next fight and stuff like that

What they say in the media and what they put in their financial reports are two different things. They can't lie in the financial reports but they can lie to the media plus WWE I think around 53 million profit in total last year. It wouldn't be financially smart to spend that much on one person.

They can't lie in the financial reports but they can lie to the media

That's not true. The law relates to the act of misleading shareholders. It doesn't matter where this is done. Vince could just be paying out of his own pocket though, but that will come to light at some point

The thing is, they can offer Floyd all this advertising time, but it doesn't realistically cost WWE any money. They can just run ads instead of one backstage segment each week

Shane wouldn't be a shareholder but I suppose he is representing them. Still 20 million just sounds like too much money when I don't think he will make much more of an impact than Trump did in regards to money. If they gave Flair and HBK the promo time they gave Mayweather/Big Show they probably would be better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Just read wrestlemania 25 travel packages go on sale this Wednesday. Anyone thinking of going?:):confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

From Meltzer:

- Word from Orlando is that WWE is heavily papering the city for the last 5,000 to 7,000 or so seats that haven't been sold or given away up to this point. It would be the first time Wrestlemania has had to be papered on the last few days since 1992 or 1993

• Advertisement

Just got up lads, Sunday Morning, Wrestlemania only hours away and the weather over here is georgous.
    Watching DVD of the greatest superstars of Wrestlemania, getting in the mood.
    Look out for Shauna And Daddy Wrestlemania 24 Poster and The Champ Is Here poster (daughter). She will also have a Ric Flairesq scarf around here neck.
    The Champ maybe here, but so are ~THE IRISH~:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

man i'd love to be ther.. gonna have to settle for a wrestlemania party later with my mates coming over, dominos pizzas and a few litres of coke :D

From ewrestlingnews:

Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that WWE has learned that TNA Wrestling has plans of flying an airplane over the Citrus Bowl arena tomorrow with an attached banner that reads something along the lines of "Watch TNA Impact."

While WWE has already informed their cameramen and production crew to make sure the banner is not shown on television, the 70,000 plus fans in attendance will be able to read it. According to Meltzer numerous incidents have occurred over the weekend involving TNA and WWE.

They could have wrestlers parachute out of the plane too. My vote would be Bubba Dudley.

Wrestlemania preview from Dave Meltzer:

It is quite the feeling going into what everyone seems to expect now is Ric Flair's final match. If it's worked out right and Flair has a good night, I don't know if it can be followed. But you know it will be. It is such a weird feeling for me.

Wrestlemania starts at 6:30 p.m. on wwe.com with the 24 man Battle Royal with the winner facing Chavo Guerrero early in the PPV. Remember the PPV starts at 7 p.m. and goes four hours.

The weather report is 70 degrees and a 30% chance of intermittent rain at the Citrus Bowl, although the last word we heard from Orlando was it was sunny with no clouds.

Tonight's show:

*Randy Orton vs. HHH vs. John Cena for the WWE title - At least as of early in the week, this was scheduled to go on last. There was a lot of emotion to change that in the past week. It's almost a lock this will be very good to great. Obviously HHH is the strong favorite, both to win and with the crowd, Cena would be the second favorite to win, followed by Orton. It will be interesting to see the reaction Cena gets. 70,000 people is very different than 18,000 super Hardcore who buy tickets the first day. In theory the more casual the fan base, the more love Cena gets.

*Undertaker vs. Edge for the World title. While most people have guessed the big win go to HHH, Undertaker, Michaels and Mayweather, they are not going to want to make it predictable. But if there is a sure bet, I would think this is it. I just don't see them messing with the winning streak now that it's taken on a life of it's own

*Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather - The match drawing all the mainstream attention. People internally are not that worried about putting the match together, figuring you can do a lot of size spots, throw in some twists and have a finish where nobody gets hurt, which is the key. I expect Mayweather to win. I expect outside interference because WWE's idea is not for Show to put Mayweather over, but to jump start show into a big program coming all off the eyes and interest in this match. Make no mistake about it, if this show beats 1.3 million buys, this match is the reason. General public wise, it's the only match they know. Will those people spend $55 for a spectacle? Well, that's the ten million dollar question.

*Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels - This should be the most emotional match in WWE history. The one thing about Mania is every show they work to give you moments that you'll remember for a long time, but this show, whether good or bad, will feature the post-match here as a moment that if done right, should be remembered forever.

*Money in the Bank with Chris Jericho, Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, Carlito, Mr. Kennedy, MVP and C.M. Punk. This match will probably go on early and it is always spectacular. With Benjamin and Morrison they've got two great athletes who shine in this type of a situation. Betting would be Benjamin, Morrison and Carlito have no chance to win, only to make an impression. To me, Jericho doesn't need the win even though he's the most established star. They shouldn't waste the stip on ECW, so if Punk wins, I think that means he would switch brands. It's possible, but he's not the favorite. A lot of people think Jericho or MVP with Kennedy as the dark horse.

*Batista vs. Umaga - This was not originally booked to be a one-time thing, but the beginning of something with Umaga switching brands. Of course nothing is official in WWE until it actually happens. This may be the sleeper match. Batista showed last year what happens when he gets motivated at Mania and Umaga is maybe the most underrated worker on the roster.

*JBL vs. Finlay in a Belfast Brawl - This will probably be the bloodbath on the show. This is a big one, because as great as JBL's promos have been, he has not been performing in the ring at a top level (which I think he would readily admit based on things I've read). This is his style and he's working with one of the great brawlers in wrestling history. I think everyone expects the finish where Hornswoggle costs JBL the match, and it is the finish that makes the most sense.

*Ashley & Maria vs. Beth Phoenix & Melina in a lumberjills match with the rest of the women at ringside - Probably short. With the Playboy theme, the faces should win, but by all rights, the heels should win because Phoenix is the star of the division and neither Ashley nor Maria should be her big rival. Perhaps they can have Mickie James cost Phoenix the match, as with Candice Michelle out, they need an angle for Phoenix going forward.

*Chavo defends the ECW title. I would strongly suspect he loses it. Mark Henry has been pushed hard on TV of late, but I figure that just means last few. I expect a face to win, so Kane would be a favorite. Khali is a possibility, as there have been teases of a big push for him post-Mania. I'd like to see a surprise elevation, but on the face side, the only one that would fit is either Festus or Kofi Kingston, because I don't see someone like Jimmy Wang Yang winning. Festus is better in the tag team and it's usually not their style to put a belt on Kingston this early.

Blatently stolen from figure four board but it appears WWE may have a plan to counter TNA's airplane. They are going to BLOW IT UP by shooting pyro at it. From wwe.com :

While last year’s indoor display – inside Detroit’s Ford Field – had elements that shot up to 150 feet in the air, this year’s outdoor pyro will tower to an astonishingly high 2,000 feet. That’s more than a third of a mile in the air — and high enough to literally affect flight patterns.

“We had to contact the Federal Aviation Administration,” Bleggi admitted, “and tell them we’re shooting pyro, how high it’s going to go and exactly where it’s going to be, so they don’t have any planes flying overhead.”

I don't trust TNA to stay out of the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

what time is this starting at?it says 12.00 on the sky preview but i doubt that unless its something to do with the clocks going foward.

My brothers just arrived at the Citrus Bowl. Said they got excellent seats with the Gold travel package. I have to be content with staying up to watch on TV. They were at the HOF aswell.

dc69 wrote: »
    what time is this starting at?it says 12.00 on the sky preview but i doubt that unless its something to do with the clocks going foward.

24 man battle royal starts at 6:30 Orlando time, which is 11:30 here on WWE.com and the show itself starts at 7:00 Orlando time which is 12:00 here.

Good God, I just realized that its an hour and sixteen minutes until WrestleMania officially starts with the battle royal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement