Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 24 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

krudler; the city centre area of New Orleans (in and around the French Quarter) was barely touched by Katrina. Ironically the city missed the bulk of the storm completely but the levee broke flooding most of the poorer residential neighbourhoods.

The Superdome's roof was badly damaged but that has since been repaired and the stadium has since re-opened (September 2006) for business once again. Don't forget WM25 is not until April 2009 so that gives New Orleans the best part of 2 years to get things in place.

The amount of money WM would generate for New Orleans would finally give the WWE some much needed good PR :D

Its funny how you mention the skydome attendance record ;) We did the same thing when the tourguide asked our group, of course only me and my brother were wrestling fans, we looked so smart that day :p

i really hope WM25 is not going to held in Madison Square Garden. I don't get the hype of the place. I was there for WM20 and a few Monday night Raws and the atmosphere didn't seem that great; it certainly has never matched the atmosphere that I remember in the Nassau Coliseum for Summerslam 2002; that was great, especially the last match between Rock and Brock. MSG has already had 3 WMs (quite enough in my opinion)

I believe WM should differentiate itself from every other pay-per-view. It can do that by being held in huge 50,000+ seated stadiums (though holding WM in the Citrus Bowl next year which has no roof is a big risk knowing Orlandos weather as I do; I can see thunder and lightning during the main event :p )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Nah they'll be working for for IWA at the time no chance of seeing them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

EdK wrote:
    Nah they'll be working for for IWA at the time no chance of seeing them

Am I missin somethin here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Fozzy wrote:
    Am I missin somethin here?
    Rodriguez and Cruz, they're a tag team in IWA also known as Thunder and Lightning.

That one was wasted on ya Foz ;)
    VR!

2wcfozp.jpg

Haha, I shoulda copped it. There's a Thunder and Lightning down in CPW too, slightly smaller lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

am the only one who thinks the idea of a thunderstorm during the wrestlemania main event would be amazing? without the rain and wind i mean,the atmosphere (literally) would be electric

Got my invoice this morning, wooo the dream is alive, anybody else apply for a package?

• Advertisement

EdK wrote:
    Got my invoice this morning, wooo the dream is alive, anybody else apply for a package?

congrats,hope to be booking mine next week if theyre still available, did they send you the tickets too are do you pick them up there? i had to collect mine at the ford field box office when i was 23, i was crapping myself thered be a problem getting them,it took about 20 secs to get them printed,i was a happy monkey

All done in March really, there isn't really any info in the letter from them, nothing is available/confirmed besides the fact you are going

Now the waiting game

the waiting games sucks,lets play hungry hungry hippos

I call the green one

Hungry,%20Hungry%20Hippos%203457.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I´m thinking about going to Mania next year, but have not a clue how to o about booking tickets and all that. Someone wanna please give me a basic rundown on how to get tickets and all that pretty please? Sound in advance.....

I think the VIP packages are all sold out, but the rest of the tickets won't be on sale til around November. Someone who's gone probably has a better idea, but I think it's a lot to do with just being the quickest on Ticketmaster when they go on sale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

Fozzy wrote:
    I think the VIP packages are all sold out
    Fozzy, is that the wwe travel packages that are all sold out? I was gonna send mine away this week.

Gerard.C wrote:
    I´m thinking about going to Mania next year, but have not a clue how to o about booking tickets and all that. Someone wanna please give me a basic rundown on how to get tickets and all that pretty please? Sound in advance.....

You can book the package (if they are still available through the WWE) otherwise it is the long route of booking your own flights, hotel, and mania tickets.

Tickets will go on sale about October or November for Wrestlemania 24 at http://www.ticketmaster.com. Tickets will go on sale on a Saturday at 9am eastern standard time (2pm Irish time). There will be a presale before that though (you will need a password but that will be readily available on various wrestling sites). After they go on sale its basically take whatever tickets you are given. I find that you get better tickets if you book one at a time (have a number of friends online at the same time). There will be plenty of tickets available for this years mania (65,000) so there shouldn't be much of scramble (WM20 in New York was a nightmare).

Ringside tickets (together with free chair) cost $750
    The other tickets cost from $400 all the way to about $40 i would say.

Aer lingus will be flying direct to orlando so no worries there. Hotel choices are either downtown orlando (near the stadium) or international drive (near the themeparks)

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    Fozzy, is that the wwe travel packages that are all sold out? I was gonna send mine away this week.

Yeah, I'd heard that they'd sold out, but now I'm thinking that that could be wrong. Send an e-mail to wrestlemania.packages@wwe.com to find out, they'd give you all the details on the packages if they're still on sale

i booked mine for mania 23 with the presale password,i could have gotten 2 of the 750 quid seats but my credit limit wasnt that high at the time (it was raised 2 days later,grrrr!) so i got the 250 quid seats,which i must say had a great view of everything, i was only in detroit for 3 days though as i stayed with a friend in toronto and we drove down to detroit,it was a long winded way of doing it but we got to see some great scenery driving through canada so it was all good,im def going for the platinum seats this time round though, i want a chair!

Im already thinking about how to get my chair home haha

• Advertisement

bring a refuse sack or two and some sellotape or masking tape. I have a couple of WWE chairs and never had a problem bringing them on the plane.

We met a couple of guys from Wales at this years Rumble who had been to WM23 and posted their chairs back from Detroit to Cardiff, cost them something like $200, fools :p

rossie1977 wrote:
    bring a refuse sack or two and some sellotape or masking tape. I have a couple of WWE chairs and never had a problem bringing them on the plane.

We met a couple of guys from Wales at this years Rumble who had been to WM23 and posted their chairs back from Detroit to Cardiff, cost them something like $200, fools :p

but the rumble was before wm23, i suppose time travelling post would be pretty expensive:D

suppose sending post into the past would be ;)

Getting my manias mixed up obviously it was WM22 in Chicago they had been to and they were going to WM23; where they got the money to go to a couple of pay-per-views a year (each time ringside) i will never know though.

Getting a chair out of Orlando might not be as easy I as thought last night. Security is very tight there at present, but you should still get it on the plane though

They were being advertised on Raw and still on WWE.com so there must still be some left

Just wondering if anybody else has decided to go/ confirmed theres?

EdK wrote:
    Just wondering if anybody else has decided to go/ confirmed theres?
    I'm still waiting for my confirmation email.

They let you know either way so you should get something soon, I'd say it's slower these days than when I booked, because of more people.

EdK wrote:
    They let you know either way so you should get something soon, I'd say it's slower these days than when I booked, because of more people.
    Yeah I was thinking that myself. I just wish they would let me know one way or the other. It was just only a week ago I sent it. It just seems longer

Any news yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

I have already booked flights out for wm24 but goin to get my tickets online. wrestlemaina bABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Advertisement

EdK wrote:
    Any news yet?
    Yep, just got confirmation today I still cant believe it. I have to book my flights now. I can not wait :D

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    Yep, just got confirmation today I still cant believe it. I have to book my flights now. I can not wait :D

Nice one,glad to hear I booked my flights first so mine is all paid for thank God,

Tickets are on sale for Wrestlemania on Saturday November 3rd

In other news the San Antonio Spurs are playing the Orlando Magic on the 25th of March going to be heading to that too.

Was at the Celtics Vs The Knicks in November 4 rows from the floor was unreal

Cant wait what a week its gonna be

anyone know when the presale is starting? thats how i got my tickets for 23, for those who are going for the first time, believe me its worth every penny, its one of the greatest experiences ive ever had live, the atmosphere is amazing and interaction between the fans is great, i was having a (friendly) argument about ric flair with a guy id never met before in a hockey bar the night before the event and i bumped into the guy in the halls of ford field, great times!

Alrighty I know Wrestlemania 24 "The Biggest Wrestlemania Under The Sun" is a good way off but we are at Summerslam.

Basically I want opinions on where you see things building through Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble into Wrestlemania.

Storylines, matches pushes and returns etc

Also if you want to list plausible guesses or dream matches thats cool too

Those of you who are going what are you most looking forward to (aside from just saying the show)

Flairs induction into the Hall Of Fame will be great

Feel free to add

Cheers Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Well if it's Flair's last match, I think Flair vs. Mysterio for the title with Flair retiring with it will probably happen

I see Rey vs Edge for the SD title. Cena vs someone for the WWE title, probably HHH but hopefully Orton. Cade & Murdoch vs London & Kendrick could easily be a WM quality match. Khali vs Big Daddy V. HBK vs Kennedy. Flair vs Finlay

I would be astounded if any of those happen

I'd say Undertaker Vs Edge is a big possiblilty for WM

EdK wrote:
    I'd say Undertaker Vs Edge is a big possiblilty for WM

I just heard that that's what Figure 4 Newsletter are reporting. And Kennedy vs HHH too, with all the McMahons involved

Kennedy Vs HHH would be good

Kennedy Vs Carlito was very disappointing on Raw looked good on paper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

EdK wrote:
    Kennedy Vs Carlito was very disappointing on Raw looked good on paper

Not on my paper. Neither of them are good enough to carry each other to a moderately long match right now.

Just how long do spoilers apply for?

Raw was on Monday the replay hasn't been on yet but still do we have to wait until EVERYONE has seen it before we can talk about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

EdK wrote:

Raw was on Monday the replay hasn't been on yet but still do we have to wait until EVERYONE has seen it before we can talk about it.

I just did spolier tags just in case. Not everyone can watch it on a Monday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

EdK wrote:

Its good practice anyway! Keep the spoilers tagged I say!

Fight the power!!

cant wait to find out the presale date,am gonna make sure im off that day so can be on ticketmaster as soon as they go on sale,i was able to get 2
    $750 seats for mania 23 but my credit limit wasnt high enough for them, it got approved for a higher limit 2 days later arggghhhhh

• Advertisement

Thats a bummer I've read they are out in November then i read January surely January is late

In other news either Batista is expected to take the title from Khali and hold it until Edge is back, Edge then takes it through to Wrestlemania against the Undertaker. (yes a cahnge since my prediction in the Summerslam thread)

Undertaker is going to be fueding with Mark Henry and Khali when he comes back woo freakin hoo!

EdK wrote:

Most people don't stay up to watch it, so it's best to spoiler tag Raw happenings until Thursday night (that's when Raw is, right?)
    It was a horrible match all the same. I remember blaming Flair for how bad his match against Carlito was on ppv a few months ago, but now I'm thinking that it could have all been Carlito's fault. Kennedy did nothing to help, he's starting to irritate me a lot

it was oct 27th last year,i remember cos buying mine online meant i was late for a job interview but i didnt give a ****,jobs come and go,this was wrestlemania, plus i got the job lol

Spoiler They fumbled through the match no real moves done just punches and forearms

The current plan is to put tickets on sale for WrestleMania 24 in Orlando, Florida on sale on Saturday, November 3rd with an Internet pre-sale before that date.

• Advertisement
Advertisement