Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 24 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

As many here know, I have not been WWes biggest fan in recent years. So much so I had decided to not bother with even watching WM24. Then this morning I said screw it, Ill get it. Just finished now, and that was easily the best mania since 20, possibly since 17.

Ill have more thoughts later, but this show delivered brilliantly. This may be slightly clouded by my not watching Batista Umaga or the womens effort. Loved HBK Flair, the triple threat was awesome, and the main event itself was good. I was a little annoyed by the amount of heelish schtick going on, but it worked.

Looking forward to hearing some personal accounts and more pics like Mr WM24. Fair play dude, your daughter will love you forever for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

40 people were injured and three taken to hospital from fireworks that went into a section of the crowd at the end of the show. Story here: http://www.wftv.com/news/15748647/detail.html

A little hard to make much out, but video here: http://www.wesh.com/video/15751123/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Just finished watching it there and I thought the event delivered much more than the card promised.

Despite what most of you are saying, I though Finlay JBL was great and I wasn't expecting anything. The pace was alot quicker than I thought, it had less Hornswaggle than i feared and for me the spot of the night when Finlay suicide dived into JBL's weapon. The replay looked great.

Thought the MITB was a bit of a let down compared to previous years which had a better flow whereas I thought this one was making no effort at all to hide that it was just a spot fest. Very happy with the time given to Morrison in this match. He's starting to really impress on the big stage with this match and his Rumble outing. Carlito also seemed to be very slow in executing his ladder spots but at least there was a surprise winner.

Batista Umaga was what I expected it to be. Umaga impressing again but Batista botching his big moves (surprisingly not the spear) Average.

I have a real problem with the ECW match. The MITB match was won by an ECW wrestler and made the other two look very strong and surely Mania is their best chance to advertise ECW to those who otherwise wouldn't watch it yet they put the Battle Royale as a dark match and have the title match last 10 seconds. Both only had a combined 6.33 seconds. Was there any point in bringing Tazz and Styles along? Personally, I think they should have just thrown Santino and Maria in the MITB, canned the woman's match and put on a real advertisement for ECW on the PPV.

Flair HBK was so much better than I thought it would be and all credit to Flair. HBK tends to get the best out of people, but he isn't Kurt and can't make his opponent look phenomenal every time. Flair kept up with him and the pair of them had great chemistry. Some great moments in the match, the moonsault onto the table, when HBK stopped short of the sweet chin music, the low blow and there was one of the best sweet chin music connections that I have ever seen in there (think it was the third last one).

For me it was a real treat because I missed out on Flair when I was younger and he had never performed as well as he had today since he rejoined the WWE. The strength of this match alone has convinced me to buy the four horsemen DVD. Also, in regards to Vince's comments about the crowd, I thought they were great when you consider it was outdoors. You could hear crickets when they realised Flair lost. Great reaction.

Womens matches are shit.

Thought the triple threat match was dissapointing considering the talent on show. Seemed like there was only ever 1 on 1 interaction while the other layed outside or else it was a three way spot. Also seemed very rushed but I was happy with the result. Makes Orton look very strong IMO. Also though Cena did really well antagonising the crowd while delaying his "people's elbow" (can't remember the move name).

Mayweather Show was much better than I thought it would be and I felt that they did a good job for Big Show's character by having Mayweather cheat.The reaction to the hand stamp was the highlight . Having said that it was far too long and the beginning was too slowly paced.

Edge TAker was a good one for me. No Vicky in sight which was always going to make this a five star in my mind (she is destroying his character) Bit average until they started hitting the finishers and the fact that I thought Edge was going to win at one stage is in my view a testament to the match. Dissapointed he didn't though.

Also, where was Jay-Z?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bubs101 wrote: »
    HBK tends to get the best out of people, but he isn't Kurt and can't make his opponent look phenomenal every time.

I stopped reading here. Jesus, what an appalling statement.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Kurt Angle can get the best out of just about anyone, hell he did it with Kevin Nash. HBK is also on that same level of being able to get the best out of anyone. If Ric Flair wanted to go out with a bang he could of done so with four wrestlers, HBK, Angle, HHH or Undertaker. He went with HBK and they put on a superb match.

Lets not start that again shall we? Been done to death already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 deviniscool

Very happy with the time given to Morrison in this match. He's starting to really impress on the big stage with this match and his Rumble outing.

And I second that. I don't know if it was audible at all during the MITB match, but myself and a couple other guys were chanting for Morrison at the top of our lungs. Everyone in the area was looking at us like "Who do these guys think they are?" The same goes for Orton and Michaels.

Come to think of it, that seemed to be the theme of the night. People in the building were either dead silent and sitting on their hands or cheering only for the faces. It was definitely not a WM22 Chicago crowd or WMXX MSG crowd, which is a shame because good crowds can sometimes make a decent show into an above average show.

Either way, being able to lean on the barricade on the aisle and slap hands with HBK was amazing. Just the experience of touching an idol... I don't know.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I stopped reading here. Jesus, what an appalling statement.:eek:

Didn't Kurt get Tatanka rehired on the strength of a dark match? case closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Does anyone else feel that the card was overbooked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 wm24

Guys, took this picture tonight (monday) and to be honest when I put it into my laptop, I got goose bumps. Its for all the doubters, the people who frown about the wrestling amongst other things.
    To be really honest, its only been over the last couple of days that I have really realised who Flair really was with regard to wrestling and everything that comes with it.
    Travelling home tomorrow, will post more pictures and a good account of our trip to Wrestlemania 24 on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Also, in regards to Vince's comments about the crowd, I thought they were great when you consider it was outdoors. You could hear crickets when they realised Flair lost. Great reaction.

I thought the crowd were pretty good for that match.

I think in my mind unless everyone bowed down and waved their arms, I was gonna be complaining. In fairness he got a great reaction at the end.

I choked on the Kurt/HBK line too. I love Kurt. He's amazing. He's not Shawn Michaels though.

Got to say as well, that the triple threat was excellently booked. Now i know the HHHaters will whinge that ending made his finisher look too strong that it kept Cena down for a count of 5, but they can get over it. I thought the ending was perfect. Orton looked dead and buried, but came out of nowhere to get a flash pin over the most over guy in the company while at the same time, holding off HHH. I think this ending was needed in order to give Orton reign a degree of legitimacy.

I enjoyed the opener as well for what it was. Never going to be a show stealer, but it was a fun brawl. No surprise that JBL won either.

What was a surprise was MITB. I felt the rhythm of thsi was a bit odd. Previous matches had brawling all round before going for the ladder to get the acse, this time, the match very much revolved the ladder, odd as that may sound with it being a ladder match and all. Hardys run in was great and really adds more spice to the best ongoing feud WWE has done in ages, and Punks win was completely unexpected by me. Happy with it though. Just hope its not wasted on an ECW title shot. Punk Vs Orton feud? That would be nice.

ECW title match. WTF? Grand it put Kane over, but why bury and squash Chavo? Funny though, as I went downstairs as Chavo reached the ring, I went back up 2 mins later and Kane had won!

Flair HBK delivered on every level for me. Just a great spectacle with a great end and a fantastic ovation.

Thumbs up on this show all round for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Anyway some random thoughts.
    The Finlay v JBL brawl was fun and I really liked JBL flinging a trash can at Horny. Obviously I wanted Finlay to win as he’s a much better wrestler but oh well a decent opening match.
    MITB was entertaining and I thought John Morrison stole the show, he could be pretty big this year, I do feel they should give the match a rest for a wee while, because they will just run out of spots and I do worry that someone like Shelton will seriously hurt himself if he keeps trying to outdo everyone if he is in it next year. Punk winning was ok and it’s going to be interesting to see what they do with him now. An Orton v Chunk feud would be fine.
    Batista v Umaga as expected was very poor, Batista botched a ton of moves and the finish really made Umaga look weak. The only positive was the fans seem to be slowing turning against Dave so hopefully we won’t see him in the main event soon.
    The Flair v Michaels match was immense, sure Michaels has had better technical matches over the years, but Christ the last few minutes were heartbreaking. I am glad that they picked HBK for Flairs lat match as less face it would this match have worked with Kennedy as some people wanted?
    Chavo got screwed unless he ****ed up back stage which would not surprise me or he is injured he did not deserve to be totally buried.
    The Bunny mania match totally eclipsed the Batista match in terms of awfulness, and not even Snoop or Santino could make this half interesting.
    The Tripe threat was fine and I’m glad Orton won as it gave his title reign some much needed credibility; it’s actually going to be a real big deal when he loses the belt. I do wish it had being longer but oh well.
    The Show v Mayweather match could have being a lot worse and somehow Show actually looked strong at the end, it needed a ton of chair shots and a punch with bare knuckles from the words best fighter to beat him.
    The highlight however was Edge v Taker, I am delighted it went on last, this will probably be the last time Taker headlines Mania and hell Edge has being a phenominal worker over the years so both deserves the spotlight. It’s a testament to the match that despite the fact that deep down we all knew Taker was winning their was serious tension at the end.

I choked on the Kurt/HBK line too. I love Kurt. He's amazing. He's not Shawn Michaels though.

I prefer HBK too but I think when it comes to making the opponent look good Kurt is peerless

I prefer HBK too but I think when it comes to making the opponent look good Kurt is peerless

We'll have to disagree on that.

I actually just watched the Flair/Michaels match again. I liked it even more the second time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Am I the only one who marked out like crazy for the return of ministry Undertaker? I was hoping for that to happen at WM23 and luckily it happens the very time I decide to attend the event. I really liked that touch. I suppose non taker fans wouldnt really care or notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I still am curious to why Chaco was destroyed in 5 seconds, is he injured? Dui he screw up back stage? Or was their no time for his match? I mean they built him up well over the last few months as ECW champion beating Punk cleanly and then they humiliate him on the grandest stage of them all. Its was very odd to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

forbesii wrote: »
    Am I the only one who marked out like crazy for the return of ministry Undertaker? I was hoping for that to happen at WM23 and luckily it happens the very time I decide to attend the event. I really liked that touch. I suppose non taker fans wouldnt really care or notice.

Yes, it was good to see. Though, I marked out more when he won:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Yes, it was good to see. Though, I marked out more when he won:D

Of course I did too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

forbesii wrote: »

I was disappointed he had no hat!

Thought he might wear some of his older in ring gear, the one with the straps going across the front.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I still am curious to why Chaco was destroyed in 5 seconds, is he injured? Dui he screw up back stage? Or was their no time for his match? I mean they built him up well over the last few months as ECW champion beating Punk cleanly and then they humiliate him on the grandest stage of them all. Its was very odd to say the least.

I've heard that he was also at the live TNA Impact when he was told not to. No idea if it's true yet though. To be honest I didn't read much into that match. Better to just end it fast than take time away from other matches. And there could always be the possibility that he's failed wellness for the third time and he's on his way out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

wm24 wrote: »
    Guys, took this picture tonight (monday) and to be honest when I put it into my laptop, I got goose bumps. Its for all the doubters, the people who frown about the wrestling amongst other things.
    To be really honest, its only been over the last couple of days that I have really realised who Flair really was with regard to wrestling and everything that comes with it.
    Travelling home tomorrow, will post more pictures and a good account of our trip to Wrestlemania 24 on Wednesday.

wow that pic is amazing!! that must have happened after raw went off the air coz its not on the broadcast.....stupid if you ask me, it was probably the best bit!

wow that pic is amazing!! that must have happened after raw went off the air coz its not on the broadcast.....stupid if you ask me, it was probably the best bit!

It'll probably be included on the new Flar dvd. So it's pretty smart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

It'll probably be included on the new Flar dvd. So it's pretty smart.

Ah i sees, yet another money making racket by the good aul wwe! marketing genius's (genei? is that the plural?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

• Advertisement

Did anyone go to the Friday night ROH show, i thought it was fantastic the best WRESTLING i saw all weekend

MeWithBelt.jpg?t=1207085787

Another quality Vince Russo booking decision haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

EdK wrote: »

Great seat, some nice pics too.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Orlando was great! Had a fantastic time and Wrestlemania was something special! I thought Taker's entrance stole the show - we felt as if we were burned to a crisp after all those flames - the heat from the flames was very very intense!!!

I have a lot of pics and videos and when I get them all sorted, I'll get them posted.

(TNA - I have never been on tv so many times in my life!!!!)

All my WM pics are now up, some TNA ones got tangled up in the middle and theres loads more TNA pics to come, most of the pics came out pretty good, enjoy!! Let me know if you have any favs

Made it on tv at TNA live,Wrestlemania and MLB preseason, baseball seriously sucks though i regret going got burned to **** too

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/EdK_2008/Wrestlemania%20Weekend/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭netopia789

wm 24 the bast in a long time bast 22 euro evar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the TNA guys and girls signing autographs and taking photos after the thursday and saturday show(s) was a nice touch. Dixie Carter had time for every fan on all 3 shows, i can't imagine Vince ever doing that :)

when the news broke that WWE were banning TNA shirts from Wrestlemania, TNA responded by bringing a guy with a WWE shirt on, backstage to meet all the TNA guys.

i thought the atmosphere at USA mainstream tv wrestling shows was long dead or dying a death, i am happy to say i was wrong, how refreshing to not see thousands of wrestling fans sitting on their hands or chanting "boring" at every opportunity.

Dixie is a bonafide legend and a bit of a milf too haha, I wanted to get Eric Youngs autograph for my little brother but he wasnt really coming over where we were (by the heel ramp) so I asked her and she sent him over towards us I have alot of time for her and TNA as they actually give a ****

Met Eric,Sonjay,Traci, ODB,Homicide,Matt Morgan,Don West,MCMG, Earl Hebner,Jimmy Rave, Lance Hoyt (who didnt have a pen haha),Dixie and more that I cant remember right now

ROH was awesome, Wrestlemania lived up to the hype, TNA was good and I dont remember much comedy on the show at all, The Saturday show was better because the tension of the live show wasnt as much fun, plus I got a free dvd and a pic with Super Eric's alter ego lol

DSCF1140.jpg?t=1207235116

the friday tna show was the best of the 3. I liked the way they ended the saturday show early to accommodate those going to the hall of fame (again WWE would never do something like that, they would have their show on at the same time :mad:)

JB's speech on friday night (i think) was interesting, he said something along the lines of "the WWE want you to be WWE fans only, we are just happy you are wrestling fans". Dixie said much the same thing to us when we were talking to her after the show, my friend didn't want to say anything to her about WWE but it was her that wished us a great time at wrestlemania

a few of my friends knew nothing of TNA before 6pm last thursday and left as fans, my opinion of TNA has gone up 100%, i know the company probably won't last or if they do WWE will destroy them some way but i sure enjoyed those 3 TNA impact shows (especially when the combined cost was zero for all of us compared to over $1500 for 3.5hrs of mania),

the only thing that pissed me off about TNA was the queueing in the florida sun especially the live show on thursday where roughly 6,000 people turned up and then the madness that ensued when the gates opened with people skipping in front etc :mad: At least most got a "Russo sucks" chant in when passing by the man himself at the barrier :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

All my WM pics are now up, some TNA ones got tangled up in the middle and theres loads more TNA pics to come, most of the pics came out pretty good, enjoy!! Let me know if you have any favs

Made it on tv at TNA live,Wrestlemania and MLB preseason, baseball seriously sucks though i regret going got burned to **** too

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/EdK_2008/Wrestlemania%20Weekend/

Class photos of Undertaker and Edge, howd you manage to get that close?

Platinum package seats was sitting near the ramp on the left hand side 8 rows back, so I could see the ring perfectly and stand near the barrier for entrances and stuff

I just read that the WWE wrestler stayed in the Doubletree no way that can be true with the 1,500 package guests there, the only wrestlers i saw in the Doubletree were Homicide and Hernandez with Peyton Banks and Lacey, surely would have seen somebody over the 3 days

I just read that the WWE wrestler stayed in the Doubletree no way that can be true with the 1,500 package guests there, the only wrestlers i saw in the Doubletree were Homicide and Hernandez with Peyton Banks and Lacey, surely would have seen somebody over the 3 days

the WWE were all staying at the Marriott Airport, even snoop dogg and mayweather were there. I heard the WWE banned all TNA stars from the doubletree

Just to give you an idea as to the atmosphere on Sunday... it was awesome

Picture028.jpg
    Picture027.jpg
    Picture026.jpg
    Picture025.jpg
    Picture022-1.jpg
    Picture013.jpg
    Picture031.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

^^ nice pics.Have you got anymore of perhaps naitch or taker?

• Advertisement

fatal wrote: »
    ^^ nice pics.Have you got anymore of perhaps naitch or taker?

The only one I took is a couple of Taker as he was walking up the aisle.

Picture039.jpg

DSCF1325.jpg?t=1207295426

DSCF1326.jpg?t=1207295375

DSCF1327.jpg?t=1207295460

DSCF1347.jpg?t=1207295516

DSCF1252.jpg?t=1207295588

DSCF1256.jpg?t=1207295658

DSCF1261.jpg?t=1207295710

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I gave Wrestlemania 24 a miss this year as I'd been soured by WWE thanks to No Way Out but I decided to watch the Flair/Michaels match as I'm a huge fan of both guys. I thought the match was well done and thought it was a nice touch to let Charles Robinson ref the bout since he is a major Ric Flair fan. I feel it's the right time for Flair to go and I wish him well in his retirement. I still get amazed when I watch his TLC match with Edge from two years back. The man's a marvel.

Can't comment much on the rest of the matches as frankly I couldn't be arsed watching them. None of the other matches had a Wrestlemania feel to them in my opinion. It looked to me like the card was one of the weakest and dullest I've ever seen, although from what I've read the matches turned out quite good. Some of them made no sense to me though since I haven't been the following the shows. Batista/Umaga feud huh? Didn't see that coming!

From reading the recap of the show I must say I thought the booking was again very poor. I said after No Way Out that having Chavo go over Punk for the title was stupid and that he was an irrelevance in 2008 and I stand by that in light of his burial by Kane. Not to mention the fact they gave Punk the MITB spot...but then they had Punk lose the next night on Raw I understand. Search me. :confused: I also feel the Taker/Edge match was one of wasted potential. Imagine if Edge had won MITB last year. The WM24 main event would have then meant so much more with people feeling that Edge just might sneak the win. That main event instead must have been one of the most predictable in recent memory. By a similar token having Cena lose is another waste of a streak vs streak match at next year's event. Assuming they want Taker to continue wrestling at 'Mania it's a bit stupid to destroy other guy's streaks when they could be used in better ways. The whole triple threat WWE title situation is the biggest joke of all. Let me get this straight, they devalued the Royal Rumble AND gave a sh*tty DQ ending at No Way Out for that? Are you kidding me? Unbelievable stuff. If only they didn't pander to a certain egomaniac then they could actually retain their credibility.

I did manage to catch the Hall of Fame ceremony and I enjoyed Flair's speech. I must admit that I think The Rock upstaged him with his hilarious jibes at Jericho, Cena and others.

I managed to catch Flair's farewell speech on Raw via Youtube and would agree it was very tastefully done, however I think the stuff after the show went off-air with Taker and Vince was even more impressive. That will make a DVD somewhere down the line I'm sure.

Overall I'd say my night's viewing of the Wrestlemania 24 events has not made me want to go back to watching the WWE's shows though it has made me long for those days when the WWE got it so right. Too bad those days are few and far between.

Ah well, just wanted to get that off my chest guys and girls. Guess there's nothing left to say except...wooooo!

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

I gave Wrestlemania 24 a miss this year as I'd been soured by WWE thanks to No Way Out but I decided to watch the Flair/Michaels match as I'm a huge fan of both guys. I thought the match was well done and thought it was a nice touch to let Charles Robinson ref the bout since he is a major Ric Flair fan. I feel it's the right time for Flair to go and I wish him well in his retirement. I still get amazed when I watch his TLC match with Edge from two years back. The man's a marvel.

Can't comment much on the rest of the matches as frankly I couldn't be arsed watching them. None of the other matches had a Wrestlemania feel to them in my opinion. It looked to me like the card was one of the weakest and dullest I've ever seen, although from what I've read the matches turned out quite good. Some of them made no sense to me though since I haven't been the following the shows. Batista/Umaga feud huh? Didn't see that coming!

From reading the recap of the show I must say I thought the booking was again very poor. I said after No Way Out that having Chavo go over Punk for the title was stupid and that he was an irrelevance in 2008 and I stand by that in light of his burial by Kane. Not to mention the fact they gave Punk the MITB spot...but then they had Punk lose the next night on Raw I understand. Search me. :confused: I also feel the Taker/Edge match was one of wasted potential. Imagine if Edge had won MITB last year. The WM24 main event would have then meant so much more with people feeling that Edge just might sneak the win. That main event instead must have been one of the most predictable in recent memory. By a similar token having Cena lose is another waste of a streak vs streak match at next year's event. Assuming they want Taker to continue wrestling at 'Mania it's a bit stupid to destroy other guy's streaks when they could be used in better ways. The whole triple threat WWE title situation is the biggest joke of all. Let me get this straight, they devalued the Royal Rumble AND gave a sh*tty DQ ending at No Way Out for that? Are you kidding me? Unbelievable stuff. If only they didn't pander to a certain egomaniac then they could actually retain their credibility.

I did manage to catch the Hall of Fame ceremony and I enjoyed Flair's speech. I must admit that I think The Rock upstaged him with his hilarious jibes at Jericho, Cena and others.

I managed to catch Flair's farewell speech on Raw via Youtube and would agree it was very tastefully done, however I think the stuff after the show went off-air with Taker and Vince was even more impressive. That will make a DVD somewhere down the line I'm sure.

Overall I'd say my night's viewing of the Wrestlemania 24 events has not made me want to go back to watching the WWE's shows though it has made me long for those days when the WWE got it so right. Too bad those days are few and far between.

Ah well, just wanted to get that off my chest guys and girls. Guess there's nothing left to say except...wooooo!

For me, it was the best Mania in quite a few years. the build up could have been better, but on the night, it was great and it looked even better on tv. I am just about to get out another "small" loan to fund the silver package for myself and my brother for Mania 25 - $1680 I think for both of us. Not bad! (3 nights hotel, Mania tickets, HOF tickets, Brunch tickets, Saturday Madness, souvenirs etc). I will worry about getting the flights in a few months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

MNG, just to correct a small error. Punk is still Mr. Money in the Bank. The match on RAW was just an exhibition match, neither MITB or the IC title were on the line.

brolly wrote: »
    For me, it was the best Mania in quite a few years.

I agree completely
    From reading the recap of the show I must say I thought the booking was again very poor. I said after No Way Out that having Chavo go over Punk for the title was stupid and that he was an irrelevance in 2008 and I stand by that in light of his burial by Kane.

It's been reported that the reason for that is because Chavo went to a TNA show without permission. Who knows what would've happened otherwise?
    Not to mention the fact they gave Punk the MITB spot...but then they had Punk lose the next night on Raw I understand. Search me. :confused:

Like I said (I think in the Raw thread), I don't understand why anyone should be confused by that. One week before nobody would have expected Punk to beat Jericho. So why should he be expected to win one week after when all that's happened in the meantime is that he climbed a ladder before some other guys? Do you think that climbing the ladder should magically make him a better wrestler?!
    I also feel the Taker/Edge match was one of wasted potential. Imagine if Edge had won MITB last year. The WM24 main event would have then meant so much more with people feeling that Edge just might sneak the win. That main event instead must have been one of the most predictable in recent memory.

It was at the start, but like so many great matches it reached a point where you doubt yourself for a moment. Incredible match too, the fans were really into it
    By a similar token having Cena lose is another waste of a streak vs streak match at next year's event. Assuming they want Taker to continue wrestling at 'Mania it's a bit stupid to destroy other guy's streaks when they could be used in better ways. The whole triple threat WWE title situation is the biggest joke of all. Let me get this straight, they devalued the Royal Rumble AND gave a sh*tty DQ ending at No Way Out for that? Are you kidding me? Unbelievable stuff. If only they didn't pander to a certain egomaniac then they could actually retain their credibility.

What do you want? For HHH to just not be in the title picture at all? He helped make this a really good match and once again proved that he isn't as big an egomaniac as you claim. Did he win the title on WWE's biggest show of the year? How many hours has he held the belt in three years? What percentage of PPVs that he's been on in that time has he main-evented? I'd be surprised if it was more than a third. He's not as bad as you make him out to be

Looks like the buyrate for this Wrestlemania is going to beat last year's too. The Rumble is up about 30,000 buys from 508,000 last year and No Way Out this year did 381,000 compared to 200,000 last year. They're doing something right!

Flair and McMahon at Monday Night Raw, after the camera's went off.

Flair and McMahon at Monday Night Raw, after the camera's went off.

That's a really cool picture

How do I put the pix into the message so that you dont have to click on the link, like the other posts?

• Advertisement

How do I put the pix into the message so that you dont have to click on the link, like the other posts?

Upload the pic to a site like www.imageshack.us, then put the address that it gives you in between tags

Advertisement