Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 24 (Spoilers)

1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Flair/Michaels was terrific; MOTN. Only low-point was Michael's ridiculous bump through the table. Excellent finish.

Really enjoyed the 3 way. Really great effort from all 3 men. Some innovative stuff which was refreshing for a WWE top-liner. Another great finish.

Money in the Bank match had some tremendously innovative action too; but the gimmick seems to have run its course. Benjamen's fall was far too risky for my liking. The simple but exciting finishing sequnce between Punk and Y2J elicted a greater pop from the crowd, which says it all really.

Undertaker/Edge was fantastically disapointing. Edge wrestled like a mid-carder as it dawned on me that his Spear is the only "over" signature move he has; this was thoroughly exposed against 'Taker whom has sooo many. Was rooting for Edge going into the match, but by the end was pleased to see him tap to the more convincing Undertaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 wm24

flairandmcmahonmnrre1.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
    [IMG][/img]dsc0362qi2.jpg[/URL]
    [IMG][/img]dsc0416cm2.jpg[/URL]
    [IMG][/img]4horsemenjm1.jpg[/URL]
    [IMG][/img]horsemenwy2.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Ric :(

everytime i see a pic of him now i well up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Anyone else think that in the second photo Finlay looks like a crazy Hawaiian party animal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Anyone else think that in the second photo Finlay looks like a crazy Hawaiian party animal?
    Must've borrowed one of Carlito's shirts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 wm24

What about Big Show and Orton holding hands?????????? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

had **** seats for the Hall of Fame,were at the back row at the far right of the stage,couldnt hear a thing the rock was saying, if you hear a "fix the mic" or "we cant hear you" chant our section started that, we just moved to a half empty section at the other end and could see and hear everything perfectly,the staff didnt even check our tickets hehe,had great seats for the entrances at mania but our view of the ring was partly blocked by the rig which was annoying, although those HD screens are ****ing amazing, had great seats for raw, 8 row ringside just off the floor on the aisle, im wearing an orton shirt sitting next to a bald guy wearing a blue tshirt you can see us a few times during it, raw was amazing a few pics here

697053536a7361167488l.jpg

697053536a7361068713l.jpg

697053536a7361137941l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

video of Triple Hs entrance pyro here:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/krudler89/video/8360385

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Minto wrote:
    MNG, just to correct a small error. Punk is still Mr. Money in the Bank. The match on RAW was just an exhibition match, neither MITB or the IC title were on the line.

Yeah I know that but I find it baffling that the day after they give him such a big push they then cut off his momentum immediately.
    Fozzy wrote: »
    It's been reported that the reason for that is because Chavo went to a TNA show without permission. Who knows what would've happened otherwise?

Still don't see anything they could do with him that would make him relevant in this day and age. No longevity with the guy in my view.
    Fozzy wrote:
    Like I said (I think in the Raw thread), I don't understand why anyone should be confused by that. One week before nobody would have expected Punk to beat Jericho. So why should he be expected to win one week after when all that's happened in the meantime is that he climbed a ladder before some other guys? Do you think that climbing the ladder should magically make him a better wrestler?!

You downplay it so much. It's a ladder that makes him a NUMBER ONE CONTENDER for a World Title and they have him lose to, correct me if I'm wrong, the IC champ? Seems stupid to me. Surely you begin building up the MITB winner at this point.
    Fozzy wrote:
    What do you want? For HHH to just not be in the title picture at all? He helped make this a really good match and once again proved that he isn't as big an egomaniac as you claim. Did he win the title on WWE's biggest show of the year? How many hours has he held the belt in three years? What percentage of PPVs that he's been on in that time has he main-evented? I'd be surprised if it was more than a third. He's not as bad as you make him out to be.

He's just as bad if not worse. Let's cut through the McMahon-like spin. He inserted himself into a match that did not require him at all and helped dilute a feud that had money written all over it. He participated in yet another world title match at a Wrestlemania (as he's done from WM18 through to WM24, with the exception of last year where his quad injury stopped him) and no doubt he will do so again next year. The fact he loses in these huge matches is neither here nor there. Vince decides that not HHH but it's the fact he's in these matches and denying other people a spot. Mick Foley has voiced concerns about his involvement at major PPVs because he doesn't want to be seen to be taking other guy's spots. The fact Foley nearly always jobs is not the point. It's the fact he's in the spot at all. If you think the manner in which the Rumble and No Way Out was handled in order to allow for HHH's involvement was justifiable then I am truly baffled!

PS he's still on course for the Nature Boy's record!
    Fozzy wrote:
    Looks like the buyrate for this Wrestlemania is going to beat last year's too. The Rumble is up about 30,000 buys from 508,000 last year and No Way Out this year did 381,000 compared to 200,000 last year. They're doing something right!

Just because they are making money doesn't mean their booking is right. Would you rate the current product over the stuff they did in the Attitude era?

Advertisement