Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 24 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

so going,its an experience like nothing else,and ive been to orlando twice before, wrestlemania,the hall of game,TNA,universal studios and disney world all in one week,yes please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Just booked my hotel there €270 for six nights on International Drive saved €70 on the pervious price I had seen.... delighted

Am heading out on the 22nd, Will be my second time in Orlando this time I am looking to see TNA (am praying they have a PPV in Orlando on the 23rd) maybe ROH if it doesn't conflict heading to the Magic vs The Spurs and hopefully getting down to Busch Gardens.

I'll have two days Universal with my WM package but I probably wont even have time to use it between Friday and Sunday.

This is gonna be awesome!!!, really can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

EdK wrote:
    I am looking to see TNA (am praying they have a PPV in Orlando on the 23rd)

That would be very unlikely. TNA keep their ppvs two or three weeks away from WM, because it's obvious which one people will be spending money on. Anyway, it's been reported that TNA plan to run all their ppvs outside of Orlando next year

ROH will more than likely do shows on the Friday and Saturday, and FIP could very well do some afternoon shows, so you'll have no excuses for missing them!

EdK wrote:
    Just booked my hotel there €270 for six nights on International Drive saved €70 on the pervious price I had seen.... delighted

Am heading out on the 22nd, Will be my second time in Orlando this time I am looking to see TNA (am praying they have a PPV in Orlando on the 23rd) maybe ROH if it doesn't conflict heading to the Magic vs The Spurs and hopefully getting down to Busch Gardens.

I'll have two days Universal with my WM package but I probably wont even have time to use it between Friday and Sunday.

This is gonna be awesome!!!, really can't wait

jesus thats feck all for the hotel,which hotel is that? holiday inn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I bet its either the quality inn or rodeway international. Both are available for $62 a night WM week.

Thats still on the expensive side though. Normally those two hotels are around the $40-$45 mark a night :(

Quality Inn International Been there before does the job, 2 double beds microwave tv fridge I'm not picky, €45 a night around WM time can't complain

I hope the whole WWE doesnt go down the toilet before Wrestlemania, Im starting to get worried

Blatant bump muhahaha

WrestleMania XXIV will mark the first time WWE's annual sports-entertainment spectacular will emanate from the Sunshine State of Florida. The event will feature WWE Superstars from Raw, SmackDown and ECW, as well as athletes, entertainers, and thousands of fans from around the world. It is expected that fans will converge on Orlando from all 50 states and more than 20 different countries.

WHEN: Sunday evening, March 30, 2008

WHERE: The Florida Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida

TICKETS: Tickets go on sale beginning Saturday, Nov. 3 at 10 a.m. ET. Tickets can be purchased in the following locations:
    -The Amway Arena Box Office in Orlando
    -All Florida Ticketmaster outlets, including FYE stores
    -Charge-by-phone at (407) 839-3900
    -On-line at www.ticketmaster.com
    -For groups of 20 or more, call (407) 849-2014
    Note: Tickets WILL NOT be on-sale at the Florida Citrus Bowl

SPECIAL TICKET PRE-SALE: On Friday, Nov. 2 from 6-8 p.m. ET, there will be a special WrestleMania XXIV pre-sale at Ticketmaster ticket centers located in participating Florida FYE stores. Visit your local FYE store for details.

PRICES: Tickets will be $250, $150, $95, $55 and $40, including a $5 per ticket facility fee. A limited number of Platinum Ringside seats will also be available for $750 - sit ringside and keep your commemorative WrestleMania Ringside Chair!

no online presale? bah! must book that day off work

• Advertisement

Around 3pm Irish time, no internet presale is a killer for international fans

not too worried as its a massive arena so should be easy enough to get the $250 seats again

6 months today woo, btw I hope everyone who wants a ticket gets one

800px-Citrusbowlmiddle.JPG

just keep looking at this and repeating "i could be there,i could be there"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

krudler wrote:
    just keep looking at this and repeating "i could be there,i could be there"

You'd better hope you get tickets, dude.
    VR!

should be no bother, just be on ticketmaster at the exact time, thats what i did last year, plus its a bigger arena than ford field

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

would it be worth booking my hotel before the tickets go on sale to ensure i actually get a room or will there be no shortage? i dont really want to book the room before i have the tickets but by the same token i dont want to miss out on the (cheap ass) rooms altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

There sure are a lot of boardsies going this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I'm also going to Wrestlemania 24, just booked my flight and hotel. (Hope I can get 4 tickets)

• Advertisement

how much did the flight and hotel cost if you dont mind me asking? think ill book mine before the tickets go on sale as well

800 euro each,(we are going for 8 days) I am going over with my family (5 of us) 3 of us are going to Wrestlemania (if we can get tickets that is)

you book that online or with a travel agent? am in 2 minds as to book it all separately or just get a package holiday and go for over a week as well

krudler wrote:
    you book that online or with a travel agent? am in 2 minds as to book it all separately or just get a package holiday and go for over a week as well

booked it all online, package holiday.

i tried priceline.com and a few other places, all a bit more expensive though where'd you book it?

krudler wrote:
    i tried priceline.com and a few other places, all a bit more expensive though where'd you book it?

http://www.americanholidays.com

• Advertisement

I'm going for 8 days and am only paying like €660

€532 for a flight from Cork through London and Washington on ebookers.ie

And €135 for 6 nights in the Quality Inn International ( other 2 days covered in WM package)

Thats not including the €1100 I am paying for the WM package lol but not bad for a week in Orlando

I'm also staying in the Quality Inn International (I think, my Dad booked it so I'm not sure) I stayed there before (I think it's on Sand lake Rd.)

Tis on International drive not the Ritz but does the job well

EdK wrote:
    Tis on International drive not the Ritz but does the job well

Thats the one. I stayed there before, it's a fine place.

thought i would bump this seeing as its getting close to the day tickets go on sale.

i was reading the stats on the citrus bowl there yday and it held over 73,500 a few years ago for a football game when they added temporary bleachers behind the lake end. if they do this at WM24 and add loads of extra seating they can surely get up to 75,000+ without much bother.

• Advertisement

I'm guessing since they don't know what theme they're going with for stages and entrances, they're not gonna overshoot the mark.
    Smart business management on their part when you think about it.

VR!

turns out there is a presale on ticketmaster.com, just had a look there and it starts thur 01/11 at 9am us time so 2pm over here,am working so will have to skive off for a few mins to buy those tickets!

it will be interesting to see what they do, i think they will go for the record which currently stands at 73,358, the layout could really backfire on them though, they are taking a big risk holding it in the citrus bowl

9a8xfs.jpg
    turns out there is a presale on ticketmaster.com, just had a look there and it starts thur 01/11 at 9am us time so 2pm over here,am working so will have to skive off for a few mins to buy those tickets

read that on TM yday, any clue on the presale password yet :confused:

Knocking ticketbastard, it's probably something lame like wrestlingsucks or something.
    VR!

its usually the name of the home team who play in the arena and a number, lions01 was the wm23 one, no idea about this one yet but google will play a part in me getting it methinks, its pretty obvious where the stage will go down where the scoreboard is, makes the most sense, unless theres a big screen on that and they use it for the live feed in the arena, knowing my luck itll be hurricane season when its on but knowing the wwe we'll have 30 dollar batista rain jackets to protect us

Knocking ticketbastard, it's probably something lame like wrestlingsucks or something.
    VR!

:D i wouldn't be surprised, christ TM do suck donkey balls though, especially the american version.
    knowing my luck itll be hurricane season when its on but knowing the wwe we'll have 30 dollar batista rain jackets to protect us

hurricane season in florida was september onwards i thought, maybe i am wrong?? a hurricane hasn't hit orlando for ages for what i have heard, it would be funny if one hit on WM night :eek: (helms can come out and say "stand back theres a hurricane coming through")

may to oct is hurricane season according to wiki, although it would suck balls if it rained i would love if there was a dry thunderstorm during the main event, thats ****ing be amazing

krudler wrote: »
    may to oct is hurricane season according to wiki, although it would suck balls if it rained i would love if there was a dry thunderstorm during the main event, thats ****ing be amazing

last time i was in florida i saw two dry thunderstorms, they are amazing, it is like being on a different planet.

i doubt you would see anything with the floodlights though if one did happen.

krudler wrote: »
    turns out there is a presale on ticketmaster.com, just had a look there and it starts thur 01/11 at 9am us time so 2pm over here,am working so will have to skive off for a few mins to buy those tickets!

If anyone gets the pre sale password pls post it on this topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

The tron will defo go where the scoreboard is in that pic.
    Man, I'd love to be going over there for WM, but I think I'll leave it 'til 25. The PPV is gonna be fúcking awesome though!

• Advertisement

^^^ i am assuming you are thinking because its WM25 they will pull out all the stops!!! I had a similiar notion about 6 years ago, i said to myself i won't go to WM19 because WM20 will be awesome (how wrong i was :o)

The fact that WM24 is in orlando is a major plus. The only place that could top orlando for fun things to do is las vegas. From what i heard WM25 will be in texas, probably houston or san antonio.

25 in the astrodome would be great since it was the site of the best mania of all time, i preferred 19 to 20 tbh, although a mania in MSG is always going to be special, 30 will be on there for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

rossie1977 wrote: »
    ^^^ i am assuming you are thinking because its WM25 they will pull out all the stops!!! I had a similiar notion about 6 years ago, i said to myself i won't go to WM19 because WM20 will be awesome (how wrong i was :o)

The fact that WM24 is in orlando is a major plus. The only place that could top orlando for fun things to do is las vegas. From what i heard WM25 will be in texas, probably houston or san antonio.

The only reason I said 25 is because, I'll hopefully be in the States around that time anyway. Also, I won't be able to travel for WM 24.

well WM20 was in MSG and it sucked so bad i almost fell asleep ;) The guy dressed up as hogan running up and down the top tier during the lesnar/goldberg match was the most exciting thing the crowd saw all night.

i remember watching it live and thinking what the **** is everyone turning to look at? though someone was coming through the crowd for a run in or something, then a big cheer for no reason and hogan chants, thought it was actually him for a few secs, almost as funny as the crowd in toronto starting a mexican wave during the taker/jbl match at summerslam 04 :)

we had actually met the hogan dude before hand because he was just ahead of us in the queue to get in. fella was mad as a march hare tripping on magic mushrooms ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

So what do you think the chances are of getting the tickets from ticketmaster

killyourtv wrote: »

easy enough if you get the presale password,just remember the person whose credit card pays for the tickets HAS to be with you, they dont ship tickets overseas you have to pick them up at the arena

killyourtv wrote: »

If you are online the day they go on sale and with upwards of 70,000+ tickets available the chances are very high.

I had no problems getting 6 tickets for WM22 and there was only 18,000 tickets available for that. WM20 was impossible to get tickets, presale and main sale sold out in seconds, i managed to grab one and needed a hell of alot more. Usually WWE ppvs in new york are the worst Summerslam 2002 was brutal as well as was this years summerslam.

• Advertisement

didnt 21 and 22 sell out in like a minute or something? aside from mania the rumble is the other ppv id love to see, imagine going to america for 3 months, see the rumble, now way out and mania live what a trip that would be

Advertisement