Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 24 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

krudler wrote: »
    didnt 21 and 22 sell out in like a minute or something? aside from mania the rumble is the other ppv id love to see, imagine going to america for 3 months, see the rumble, now way out and mania live what a trip that would be

WM20 sold out in about 30 seconds to 1 minute, both presale and day of sale. There was still tickets available for WM22 at 6-7pm Irish time, four or five hours after they had gone on sale, the wwe claimed WM22 sold out in two minutes but that is a load of BS.

its actually funny the only PPV which WWE even bother with is WM. Summerslam and royal rumble are treated like ordinary shows, basically that means the only merchandise you can buy are $25 t-shirts (no royal rumble hoodies, caps, nfl jerseys etc etc), no official programs (just crappy raw/smackdown ones from a few months previous). Our "official" program for Summerslam 2002 consists of a small white sheet of photocopied paper indicating the matches for the night :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i bought ****loads of wm23 merchandise, the program,ticket laynard thing, a baseball top and hoodie and tshirt,said sod it may as well get while it while i was there,oh and a replica heavyweight championship belt

my mates did the same thing, they spent about loads of money on gear at WM22 (at least $150).

there was a wwe shopzone stand in the hilton new york for WM20 and they were selling discounted stuff on the thursday and friday before the show. i got an official WM20 t-shirt for $5, the same ones were selling for $20 in MSG on the night of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Off topic slightly but feic it just bought my ROH tickets there, what do ROH mean when they say no digital cameras?

As in how strict are they etc

because taking pics would make you a mark in ROH fans eyes,snobby feckers

• Advertisement

was reading that the citrus bowl has NO parking facilities, ffs! be getting a cab and walking methinks, or just get a hotel closer to it,although that being said the traffic jams after WM 23 were insane outside ford field but we were a block away so twas grand

found this site which should be providing the presale password for thursday,has all other recent shows on it: http://presale-codes-passwords.blogspot.com/

was reading that the citrus bowl has NO parking facilities, ffs! be getting a cab and walking methinks, or just get a hotel closer to it,although that being said the traffic jams after WM 23 were insane outside ford field but we were a block away so twas grand

i am just going to get a cab from international drive, downtown orlando is supposed to be a sh*thole. getting one afterwards is going to be fun i suspect :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

If anyone hear ever listens to the Between the Ropes podcast (wrestling radio show out of Orlando), the you'll know that staying near the Citrus Bowl would be a big no no, crack whore city form what those boys indicate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

It sgot nothing to do with fans actually its enforced by ROH.

I think they have more of a problem with people recording ,match footage as videos and posting them on the net.

They have no bother with people taking pics, disposable cameras etc are allowed.

This was not enforced in any way on the Liverpool shows, although i hear they are stricter in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

It's not that as such. And flavahaj has hit the nail on the head. Digital cameras are banned from a lot of live events these days. Mainly because they have video recording functionality built into them. A function i've always said was a bad idea. If i wanted to record video, i'd have bought a camcorder. As a result now live event promoters are paranoid about unauthorised videos showing up on youtube etc (and rightfully so, especially if they plan on selling for future dvd release).

Pain in the arse really cos most people who have cameras at these kind of events can't even take proper photos anyway and are only keeping reminders for personal use. It's a shame.

VR!

Exactly and its especially understandable in ROH's case where DVD sales are really their sole reason for survival thus far.

The point about ROH fans is valid though. They can be unbearably snobby at times. Not all of us though!:D

Anyone else gonna head to ROH, two shows the 28th and 29th of March

EdK wrote: »
    Anyone else gonna head to ROH, two shows the 28th and 29th of March

Back to The UK? Where did you hear this, there's nowt on the ROH noard? BUt if they are coming back I'm there with bells on!!!

Seeing as this is the WM thread they are in Orlando in March before Wrestlemania

WWE released the following:

WrestleMania(R) 24 Tickets Go On Sale Saturday, November 3
    Monday October 29, 12:47 pm ET

STAMFORD, Conn.--World Wrestling Entertainment® has announced that tickets will go on sale for WWE®’s annual pop culture extravaganza, WrestleMania, this Saturday, November 3, at 10 a.m. ET.
    WrestleMania 24 takes place Sunday, March 30, 2008 at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida.

Tickets for WrestleMania 24 can be purchased at all Florida Ticketmaster ticket centers (including FYE stores), Ticketmaster phone charge at 407-839-3900, and worldwide at Ticketmaster.com. In Orlando, tickets will also be available at the Amway Arena Box Office. Tickets are priced at $250, $150, $95, $55, and $40, with a limited number of “Platinum Ringside” tickets available for $750.

Earlier this year, WrestleMania 23 set an all-time attendance record at Ford Field in Detroit. A crowd of more than 60,000 fans from around the world is expected to attend WrestleMania 24 in Orlando.

Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/

Trademarks: All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, and logos are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. ECW is a trademark of WWE Libraries, Inc. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

Does anyone know, or have any guessses on what prices correspond to what seating area. We got $750, $250, $150, $95, $55, $40. I assume the $750 are ring side seats, but what about the others?

killyourtv wrote: »
    Does anyone know, or have any guessses on what prices correspond to what seating area. We got $750, $250, $150, $95, $55, $40. I assume the $750 are ring side seats, but what about the others?

2emn28m.gif

I think this map is clear enough, i assume based on this:
    P1 = $750
    P2 = $250
    P3 = $150
    P4 = $95
    P5 = $55
    P6 = $40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Travelbug

the 250 will be floor seats behind ringside. 150 will be behind them.. first elevated.. then up from there..thats just guessing...

apparently there is going to be a tickemaster alert with a presale password... is it worth spending a buck getting it of ebay ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I'm hoping to get 3 of the $250 tickets.
    Pre slale password is due out today aswll.

Travelbug wrote: »
    apparently there is going to be a tickemaster alert with a presale password... is it worth spending a buck getting it of ebay ?

No, it will be posted all over the net when it's out

debatable whether any of section P2 or P3 will be elevated seats as they look to be on the pitch to me, that would be a fecking nightmare paying for seats 75 rows from ringside on the ground level having to look through thousands of signs

Pre slale password is due out today aswll.
    Really today ? sweet!!
    I better make me mind up on what tickets to try for]

Do you guys think many ringside tickets will be gettable ?

Just got this email today I will post the code when I get it

HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO GET YOUR WRESTLEMANIA 24 TICKETS BEFORE THEY GO ON-SALE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. On Wednesday, October 31 , you will receive an e-mail that will tell you how to participate in this special WrestleMania 24 internet-only pre-sale.

When you get your e-mail from us on Wednesday, write down the special access code. Then, on Thursday, November 1, beginning at 10 am (EST), log on to TICKETMASTER.COM for a chance to secure your tickets to WrestleMania 24.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    debatable whether any of section P2 or P3 will be elevated seats as they look to be on the pitch to me, that would be a fecking nightmare paying for seats 75 rows from ringside on the ground level having to look through thousands of signs

Yeah, this is why I wanted to know which prices are for what seats. I don't wanna be on the pitch, I want to be in the stands.

HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO GET YOUR WRESTLEMANIA 24 TICKETS BEFORE THEY GO ON-SALE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. On Wednesday, October 31 , you will receive an e-mail that will tell you how to participate in this special WrestleMania 24 internet-only pre-sale.

When you get your e-mail from us on Wednesday, write down the special access code. Then, on Thursday, November 1, beginning at 10 am (EST), log on to TICKETMASTER.COM for a chance to secure your tickets to WrestleMania 24.

thanks!

4vov2gj.jpg

as you can see from above pic the seats in the stand correspond to the purple and orange sections in the WWE layout, so the green, blue and pink sections are all pitchside tickets and more than likely not raised :mad:

Krudler do you remember how it was for last year in detroit, did they raise some of the seats on the pitch or were they all flat like 100 rows of flat seats.

at least ticketmaster tells you your block before you confirm the purchase. I just know I'm gonna get offered something like block 201. In which case, I'll pass

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    4vov2gj.jpg

as you can see from above pic the seats in the stand correspond to the purple and orange sections in the WWE layout, so the green, blue and pink sections are all pitchside tickets and more than likely not raised :mad:

Krudler do you remember how it was for last year in detroit, did they raise some of the seats on the pitch or were they all flat like 100 rows of flat seats.

the pitch to a certain point wasnt raised but we were on riser seats,i paid 250$ for my tickets and had a great view,if youre getting the back end of the floor seats dont bother get the seats in the stands instead,theres actually very little room between the seats as theyre just regular metal chairs like the ones they use in matches and theyre all tied together with platic ties to stop people moving around,although it didnt really work so as the night went on the rows were all becoming crooked,course it didnt help i was sat next to a whale of a guy beside me who felt the need to go "WWOOOOOOOO!" at the most random times, could see the stage and ring perfectly though, had to watch anything that was going on around the announce tables on the monitors but didnt care, itshard to tell what seats are raised and what arent on that new flooplan though although it should say it when you buy the tickets

did you get that from ticketmaster? i never got one and i bought my tickets for 23 on there

20876s.gif

theres the floorplan for mania 24, no im no expert but if its the same layout as 23 avoid blocks 18-22 theyll be the worst seats in the place, sitting on flat ground behind dozens of rows, ill be aiming for 29-33 as thats probably the camera side and on raised seating, or as close to the ring as possible

did you get that from ticketmaster? i never got one and i bought my tickets for 23 on there

Nope from an Orlando tickets newsletter yoke

Lads I dont want to sound like an asshole but I'm delighted i dont have to join the ticket battle, good luck to anyone tryna get tickets hope you get what you want!

Lads I dont want to sound like an asshole but I'm delighted i dont have to join the ticket battle, good luck to anyone tryna get tickets hope you get what you want!

its a great feeling:D make sure you chuck the password up for the rest of us if you can, think a boards night on the town in orlando is on the cards if a bunch of people from here go, i vote hooters!

• Advertisement

Will do!

Anyone found a password yet

killyourtv wrote: »
    Anyone found a password yet

Nope, cant find it yet. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 angelagoldman

Do you think the passwords being sold on ebay are legit?

I'll post mine when I get it there's plenty of time the tickets arent out until tomorrow

• Advertisement

I'll post mine when I get it there's plenty of time the tickets arent out until tomorrow

What time do they go on sale? (UK time that is) and can you get them on ticketmaster.ie or does it have to be ticketmaster.com?

Has to be on ticketmaster.com at 2pm Irish

Has to be on ticketmaster.com at 2pm Irish

Thanks for the info Edk.

Get tickets early before the general public onsale and see WrestleMania 24: Live at the Florida Citrus Bowl in Orlando on Sunday, March 30, 2008.

WrestleMania 24 - The annual sports-entertainment spectacular featuring World Wrestling Entertainment Superstars from RAW, SmackDown, and ECW, joined by athletes, entertainers, and tens of thousands of fans from around-the-world. This represents the first time in history that WrestleMania will be presented in Florida. It is expected that fans will converge on Orlando from all 50 states and more than 20 different countries.

PRE-SALE DETAILS
    Start: Thursday, November 1 • 10 am
    End: Friday, November 2 • 5 pm
    Password: MOTA

(BTW I can only take this at face value so if anyone has problems tis not my fault,however if ye manage to get decent tickets yis all owe me a pint ****ers lol jk)

Password: MOTA

tanx for that :)

btw a boards.ie meet up in orlando sounds cool :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Marshley

Genius! Thanks for that!

dude you're a legend, im taking you to hooters and getting you drunk in orlando!

• Advertisement
Advertisement