Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 24 (Spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

then theres being online at the exact time the tickets go on sale, i had to take the day off work for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

WM24 in Florida, if he is going to make just 1 appearance then it would be there

Edit,Supposed to be in Rock thread.....DAMN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

krudler wrote: »
    can i call my bank and get them to cancel the first order then buy 4 new tickets?

no and i wouldn't go buying 4 new tickets in the hope you will sell the two you already have. I was reading a scalpers website the other day and they were saying to avoid WM24 like the plague because there is only a small market for WWE in florida. I got section 29 row b and d for my friends and got stand tickets in section 107 for myself and my brother

you won't be able to tell what your tickets are like until you get to the arena. I remember being so happy after getting Row 1 seat 1 for the rumble. Turned out seats at the front started at Row fu*king 10 so i was ten rows back :mad: I ended up just standing close to the barrier all night though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jebroni3_16

Afternoon all!

Is anyone else having difficulty accessing the site? I think I might have blocked our company's access to ticketmaster.com as I had two colleagues searching for me!

<snip> No selling allowed on Boards

Still going to try for ringside on Saturday... and so wish we'd just bought a travel package now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I know your intentions are good, but people are freaking out here about collecting the tickets they bought themselves, I dont know if many people would risk booking flights and accomodation in hopes of meeting up before the show for tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

I booked mine in section 119. Couldnt get the green section and was being offered seats closer up to ringside. I just couldnt risk being on the floor, a gazillion rows back. Ill be high up but ill see the action. I just wanted to avoid the situation I experienced in the point when I was firmly planted right behind the god damned pillar. (Which I had seen on TV for Bernard Dunnes fight a week earlier. The minute I saw it, I knew I was the lucky guy who would be plonked behind it. Guess what happened.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

That happened me for RAW in 2004 too. Pissed me right f*cking off.
    VR!

WrestlemaniaXXIV3_1170061_OTH_5Z.jpg

Is there anything at all ironic about this picture lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

being high up/far away doesnt really bother me as long as you get a good clear view. When RAW was in Manchester a few years ago I was right on the back row. (Although back row at Citrus Bowl may be another story; I'm about half way)

• Advertisement

EdK wrote: »
    WrestlemaniaXXIV3_1170061_OTH_5Z.jpg

Is there anything at all ironic about this picture lol?

The fact Cena is not gonna be a wrestlemania? Thank god for that anyway, Cena sucks

killyourtv wrote: »
    The fact Cena is not gonna be a wrestlemania? Thank god for that anyway, Cena sucks

hes not gonna be wrestling but they''l probably get him to put in an appearance or an interview as to how his recovery is going, unless theyre saving his return for a HHH sized pop on raw some night or another ppv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Marshley

That depends if they can get any Hulka-legends on the show... if they can, they won't need Cena...

id rather see cena than hogan tbh,least cena will contribute something worthwhile rather than getting a cheap pop,dropping a leg and getting a huge payoff that could have gone to the active roster that wrestle more than once a year.....

I'd like to see Hogan not in a match just a casual appearance in I've seen Hulk Hogan kind of way

well yeah id admit id mark like a 5 year old if real american started playing but his attitude annoys me

• Advertisement

Yeah hes a money grabbing prick but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't mark out like said 5 year old hahah

krudler wrote: »
    id rather see cena than hogan tbh,least cena will contribute something worthwhile rather than getting a cheap pop,dropping a leg and getting a huge payoff that could have gone to the active roster that wrestle more than once a year.....

Nah, I don't agree. There's a room for legends at Wrestlemania. There are plenty of occasions during the year to showcase talent. One time a year let's bring out old heroes too.

And - to play devil's advocate - at least Hogan can work (or 'work', I mean!) unlike say Austin, who literally just arrives, stuns, drinks beer, and leaves. I miss Austin the wrestler... :(

hogan is the only of the big names i have not yet seen. He was at mania 18, 19 and 21 and of course i was at 20 and 22 :(

he was at hall of fame for mania 22 but i didn't go and he stayed in his room the whole time while the rest of the roster were drinking in the bar or hanging around the Westin O'hare.

Marshley wrote: »
    Nah, I don't agree. There's a room for legends at Wrestlemania. There are plenty of occasions during the year to showcase talent. One time a year let's bring out old heroes too.

And - to play devil's advocate - at least Hogan can work (or 'work', I mean!) unlike say Austin, who literally just arrives, stuns, drinks beer, and leaves. I miss Austin the wrestler... :(

austins knees and neck are wrecked he had his last match in 2003, sure all hogan does is show up,point a finger,boot and pose, shawn michaels did all the work in their summerslam 05 match and ditto with orton last year

rossie1977 wrote: »
    hogan is the only of the big names i have not yet seen. He was at mania 18, 19 and 21 and of course i was at 20 and 22 :(

he was at hall of fame for mania 22 but i didn't go and he stayed in his room the whole time while the rest of the roster were drinking in the bar or hanging around the Westin O'hare.

I was Mania 18 and Hogan/Rock was unbelievable; the best live ... thing ... I've ever seen, better than any movie or gig ... the crowd were MARKING OUT and cheering for a full 40 minutes, literally non-stop!

• Advertisement

biggest mark out match i have been to is rock/brock summerslam 2002 but brock/goldberg at WM20 does deserve some recognition :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Marshley wrote: »
    I was Mania 18 and Hogan/Rock was unbelievable; the best live ... thing ... I've ever seen, better than any movie or gig ... the crowd were MARKING OUT and cheering for a full 40 minutes, literally non-stop!

I remember when Hogan started hulking up it seemed like the best atmosphere ever

biggest mark out match i have been to is rock/brock summerslam 2002 but rock/goldberg at WM20 does deserve some recognition :eek:

eh, don't you mean Brock/Goldberg?? ;)

biggest mark out match i have been to is rock/brock summerslam 2002 but brock/goldberg at WM20 does deserve some recognition :eek:

Dude i'm hanging around with you in Orlando you've met loads of wrasslers

wheres everyone staying in orlando? im gonna try book either the quality inn or one of the motels on international drive, would wanna get booking it soon though itll fill up pretty fast,wonder where the wrestlers will be staying

Dude i'm hanging around with you in Orlando you've met loads of wrasslers

one of my fav pictures, my mate drinking with steve austin night before WM20 :D

47tpq55.jpg

you will probably know where they are staying though EdK before me.
    wheres everyone staying in orlando? im gonna try book either the quality inn or one of the motels on international drive, would wanna get booking it soon though itll fill up pretty fast,wonder where the wrestlers will be staying

we are staying at continental plaza just off international, its just for a bed, i don't care about quality. Quality inn is good though, rodeway international is now gone and rooms are starting to go fast on international. http://www.hotelclub.com is the cheapest site i found.

one of my fav pictures, my mate drinking with steve austin night before WM20 :D

47tpq55.jpg

you will probably know where they are staying though EdK before me.

we are staying at continental plaza just off international, its just for a bed, i don't care about quality. Quality inn is good though, rodeway international is now gone and rooms are starting to go fast on international. http://www.hotelclub.com is the cheapest site i found.

hahaha what an awesome pic, damn credit card is going to take a battering in the next few weeks between the tickets and holiday itself, plus im buying a new car :(

is that pic showing, its not on my computer :(

"you will probably know where they are staying though EdK before me"

Hmmm how so?

you have the package with the meet and greet. where-ever the meet and greet session is usually is where they are staying.

• Advertisement

I was wondering about that, what are the odds that they would put you in the same hotel as the wrestlers?

DSCF0154.jpg?t=1193950392

thats my fave pic i took of 23,pretty much sums up the size of the event, what a crowd

probably not, they have increased security over the years.

the last time they put most of the package travellers in the Hotel Sofitel in Rosemont just up the road from the Westin where the wrestlers were staying. There isn't a huge amount of top quality hotels within 1.5 miles of the Orlando arena, 9 or 10 is all i counted

I know your intentions are good, but people are freaking out here about collecting the tickets they bought themselves, I dont know if many people would risk booking flights and accomodation in hopes of meeting up before the show for tickets

Fair point! Having said that tho, we used 'will call' at Royal Rumbles in 2004 and 2007 and although we were nervous the first time, it was so quick and simple I'm actually pretty happy to collect them that way... and I think everyone else on here who's done that before agrees (although I now fully expect an onslaught of people with bad experiences!)

We're still going to try and get ringside tickets on Saturday and then try and sell them off at face value on here or other UK wrestling sites or *shudder* Ebay. Failing that, I'll go crying to Ticketmaster, let them keep all their handling charges and just return the tickets. Will cost me and my bro about £40 but with the exchange rate so good at the moment, tickets for Mania are much cheaper than we thought they would be!

Agreed - used Will Call several times in the US before and it's worked perfectly.

Hear what you're saying, but having used Will Call at Royal Rumbles in 2004 and 2007, I know they work fine... and it looks like everyone else on here who's used them before would agree. I think!

I know willcall works fine i've stated so myself, i think you might have missed the point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 absar

Hey im new to the board i just bought my tix i live in orlando i wanted to know are they good seats i mean are the pitched or will i be screwed because someone infront is blocking my view. ive never been to a wm i only went to arena events and this is the first time i have floor seats i wanna know if i will be able to see and how good they are

i got the $245 seats section f45 row j. is that good? please let me know

absar wrote: »
    Hey im new to the board i just bought my tix i live in orlando i wanted to know are they good seats i mean are the pitched or will i be screwed because someone infront is blocking my view. ive never been to a wm i only went to arena events and this is the first time i have floor seats i wanna know if i will be able to see and how good they are

i got the $245 seats section f45 row j. is that good? please let me know

f45 is on the pitch but it may be raised. I bought 3 tickets for my friends in section f29 directly across from f45.

f45 is on the pitch but it may be raised. I bought 3 tickets for my friends in section f29 directly across from f45.

i just wanna know if i will be able to see everything clearly even if there not raised i mean are they good? how bad are the seats on the pitch

• Advertisement

if RAW or SD come to amway arena the night after how many people would go? i would go to either one

if RAW or SD come to amway arena the night after how many people would go? i would go to either one

If I was still in the area I would probably go to both

I haven't even thought about getting to Orlando and hotels and all that stuff. How long to stay for? Where to stay? I don't know anything about it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The Raw after WM is usually one of the best imo, so i'd definately try to see that too.

Yesterday was one of the craziest days I have had in a while...

1100-Decided I was going to WM24
    1105-Add funds to CC just in case
    1110-Ring girlfriend to let her know we're going to Orlando :)
    1358-Everything set up, ready to go and....
    1400-Enter ROTA instead of MOTA
    1401-Enter MOTA, but $245 tickets appear to be gone
    1402-Search for next best, but gone
    1403-Give up, they're long gone...
    1404-Wait-people on boards still getting them!
    1405-Recheck and get 245 tickets!!! Woot
    1406-Ticketmaster now asks for my password-couldn't remember as it was autosaved!
    1407-Rush to different PC to access hotmail a/c to get temp password
    1409-Mouse wont $$$$$$ work properly
    1410-Miss tickets
    1411-Recheck and offered 750 tickets!!! (about 10 rows back in the block opposite the ringside seats on TV!
    1412-Credit Card denied???WTF???
    1420-Tickets released, hopes fading again...
    1421-Offered great 245 seats smack in the middle of the stadium...the exact seats I wanted!
    1425-Credit Card denied???
    1428-Lose tickets

For the next 4 hours I tried but I think I left it too late to put money on card :(

There were 245 tickets on sale up till 6 pm yesterday! And I couldn't do a thing about it :(

Ah well, it;s off to the races on Saturday. It's either a great ticket or bust :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

FutureGuy wrote: »

For the next 4 hours I tried but I think I left it too late to put money on card :(

There were 245 tickets on sale up till 6 pm yesterday! And I couldn't do a thing about it :(

Ah well, it;s off to the races on Saturday. It's either a great ticket or bust :)

I really wouldn't give up hope just yet. They usually release a load more tickets closer to the event. That's what they did for Detroit last year.

if either had been in orlando then i would have gone but Raw is in Miami and not sure where smackdown is but it certainly won't be in orlando either :(
    killyourtv wrote:
    I haven't even thought about getting to Orlando and hotels and all that stuff. How long to stay for? Where to stay? I don't know anything about it

of course it depends where you are going from:
    from Ireland Aer Lingus fly direct to Orlando and also fly direct to Washington which is about 2 hour flight from Orlando http://www.aerlingus.com/

Virgin fly direct to Orlando from Manchester and London http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/

Flights with connections to Orlando from New York, Atlanta etc
    http://www.delta.com/
    http://www.ebookers.com
    http://www.travelocity.com
    http://www.continental.com/ie

for hotels
    http://www.travelaxe.com
    http://www.choicehotels.com
    http://www.hotelclub.com

there are 3 areas you can stay in Orlando
    *Downtown Orlando itself near the Citrus Bowl and the HOF
    *International Drive, near the theme parks such as Universal, seaworld, wet and wild, shops and restaurants.
    *Near disneyworld

if you want to do the main theme parks as well as wrestlemania etc you will need at least a week, if you skip the theme parks you can easily fly into orlando on thursday or friday and leave monday evening.

• Advertisement

I'm leaving about 6pm on Monday but i probably would have, I think I'll have had my fill of wrestling but then as I hope to go to TNA if they are taping on the Mondayor Tuesday before WM, I have tickets for ROH on the Friday night and ofcourse the big one on Sunday

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The Raw after WM is usually one of the best imo, so i'd definately try to see that too.

Yesterday was one of the craziest days I have had in a while...

1100-Decided I was going to WM24
    1105-Add funds to CC just in case
    1110-Ring girlfriend to let her know we're going to Orlando :)
    1358-Everything set up, ready to go and....
    1400-Enter ROTA instead of MOTA
    1401-Enter MOTA, but $245 tickets appear to be gone
    1402-Search for next best, but gone
    1403-Give up, they're long gone...
    1404-Wait-people on boards still getting them!
    1405-Recheck and get 245 tickets!!! Woot
    1406-Ticketmaster now asks for my password-couldn't remember as it was autosaved!
    1407-Rush to different PC to access hotmail a/c to get temp password
    1409-Mouse wont $$$$$$ work properly
    1410-Miss tickets
    1411-Recheck and offered 750 tickets!!! (about 10 rows back in the block opposite the ringside seats on TV!
    1412-Credit Card denied???WTF???
    1420-Tickets released, hopes fading again...
    1421-Offered great 245 seats smack in the middle of the stadium...the exact seats I wanted!
    1425-Credit Card denied???
    1428-Lose tickets

Bad luck man hope you can get something you like on Saturday

of course it depends where you are going from:
    from Ireland Aer Lingus fly direct to Orlando and also fly direct to Washington which is about 2 hour flight from Orlando http://www.aerlingus.com/

Virgin fly direct to Orlando from Manchester and London http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/

Flights with connections to Orlando from New York, Atlanta etc
    http://www.delta.com/
    http://www.ebookers.com
    http://www.travelocity.com
    http://www.continental.com/ie

for hotels
    http://www.travelaxe.com
    http://www.choicehotels.com
    http://www.hotelclub.com

there are 3 areas you can stay in Orlando
    *Downtown Orlando itself near the Citrus Bowl and the HOF
    *International Drive, near the theme parks such as Universal, seaworld, wet and wild, shops and restaurants.
    *Near disneyworld

if you want to do the main theme parks as well as wrestlemania etc you will need at least a week, if you skip the theme parks you can easily fly into orlando on thursday or friday and leave monday evening.

Thanks for the info! I'll probably stay for a week. If i'm going all the way over there I may as well try and make the most of it.

So is it cheaper to buy hotels and flights seperately as opposed to a package?

I know willcall works fine i've stated so myself, i think you might have missed the point
    I dunno if I missed it so much as ignored it! lol

I'm a newbie, I appear on here with two spares for sale at face value and Ebay and the internet have created such a touting culture that some people will have doubts about my sincerity. If the situation was reversed, then I think I would be suspicious too. Only thing is, Aston Villa tickets aren't quite as hard to come by and so haven't had that esxperience yet... well, apart from when Man United or Liverpool come to town!

FutureGuy - Good Luck on Saturday. If you don't have any luck and would be interested in a pair of seats in Section 39, row M then just give me a shout. Payment via PayPal from Ebay certainly gives you protection up to £500 but not entirely sure whether this is the same for payments made directly via PayPal. Will go and look into that actually!

As long as it does, I'd be more than happy to take a 50% deposit (approx £135) up front and sort the remainder out in person at the Citrus Bowl on the day. And as I wouldn't have to give Ebay a cut, I'd only want exactly what they cost me. If you woudl prefer to get the full coverage and go via Ebay, it'd cost slightly more to cover their charges to me.

In fact, my ebay name is the same as this and so if you want to check my rating out over there, please feel free!

killyourtv wrote: »
    Thanks for the info! I'll probably stay for a week. If i'm going all the way over there I may as well try and make the most of it.

So is it cheaper to buy hotels and flights seperately as opposed to a package?

i always buy seperate but its always up to yourself. Flights will cost at least €500 (about €100 more than this time last week due to fuel surcharge :mad:)

you can still easily get hotels on international drive (where i would advise stay by the way, its about 8 miles to the Citrus bowl but at the centre of all thats happening non-wrestling wise) for about $60 a night (room will include 2 double beds and can be increased to a pullout bed so you can get 5 in a room)

This is a very popular hotel amongst Irish and English http://www.orlandoqualityinn.com/ it has free transport to the theme parks and a bar

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ is a great site for hotel reviews and should be used before booking ANY HOTEL IN THE WORLD, reviews for quality inn http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34515-d88235-Reviews-Quality_Inn_International_Drive-Orlando_Florida.html

orlando is a great town if very sprawled. but with 4 disney parks, 2 universal, seaworld, busch gardens (free bus takes 1 hour), gatorland, Kennedy space center, everglades, daytona beach (Spring break) all there or close by, you can't go wrong

• Advertisement
Advertisement