Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 24 (Spoilers)

• 04-07-2007 12:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

Just got confirmation of my Wrestlemania 24 travel package there. Heading over with my brother in March. Anyone else heading next year?. How are you going etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Already? How much is that knocking you back?

Apparently ROH will be running a triple shot that weekend next year,and FIP a double shot, so that could be the best weekends wrestling imaginable. 6 shows, 3 days with the main event being the grandaddy of them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

TNA might be doing their tv tapings that Monday in Orlando too, I heard you get free admission to Universal Studios with the WM package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i'll be going to my 3rd mania but making my own way ie. booking direct flights via aer lingus, getting my tickets via ticketmaster as soon as they go on sale (it should be no problem this year with 65,000 tickets on sale; wrestlemania 20 was a nightmare though). We will probably be staying in the same hotel on International Drive that I stayed in June 2005 (close to all restaurants and near universal and wet and wild parks).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

We've both been saving hard since Christmas setting us back €1200 each for the Platinum package and another €550 each for flights.

Its our first Wrestlemania so we are going all out tough to raise that kinda cash though. They released the packages very earlythis year it almost caught us out as in bein short money wise.

Heading out on the 22nd until the 31st in hope of catching some ROH and TNA aswell. Hope to see some of ye out there.

EdK have they mentioned the names of the hotel where you will be staying and where the meet and greet session on saturday morning will take place???

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote:
    EdK have they mentioned the names of the hotel where you will be staying and where the meet and greet session on saturday morning will take place???

They don't mention anything to be honest, They tend to wait until a few weeks before to release details of accomodation. Things such as signings are upto them and you may not find out until you actually get there.

They offered me extra accomodation at $165 a night if I needed it. I will need it but not at that price Quality Inn International will do the job at €50-€60. Stayed there before and it was grand.

yeah quality inn on international is good. her sister up the road; Rodeway international is just as good though and slightly closer to everything i thought.

The WWE will be arriving on Thursday and most will be there by Friday night in Orlando, thats always the way they work it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

EdK, was it much hassle getting the order in? theres 4 of us wanting to get the platinum package so we'll need to book it on 4 credit cards,i got the email with the order form off wwe but havent printed it out yet,id rather have it done and dusted but im waiting for the other guys to get the money together.

i was at mania 23 but i didnt go with the package,couldnt get HOF tickets either but it turned out nobody that massively important went in aside from jr and rhodes,but if next year is flair i want to be there, i cant wait to go again its truly a sight to behold being at a wrestlemania,the atmosphere is like nothing ive ever felt and the roar of the crowd when the pyro went off at the beginning sent chills through me

think this pic sums up the event for me:19896764a4000496983b39080141l.jpg

• Advertisement

krudler wrote:
    EdK, was it much hassle getting the order in? theres 4 of us wanting to get the platinum package so we'll need to book it on 4 credit cards,i got the email with the order form off wwe but havent printed it out yet,id rather have it done and dusted but im waiting for the other guys to get the money together.

i was at mania 23 but i didnt go with the package,couldnt get HOF tickets either but it turned out nobody that massively important went in aside from jr and rhodes,but if next year is flair i want to be there, i cant wait to go again its truly a sight to behold being at a wrestlemania,the atmosphere is like nothing ive ever felt and the roar of the crowd when the pyro went off at the beginning sent chills through me

I think it says on the form that upto four credit cards can be used. I was kind of freaked sending off the form because so much has to go with it.

Copies of the card back and front the order form the credit card authorisation form and a copy of the credit cardholders ID. So you are probably going to need all those by four I'd say. Just be careful in getting it all together before you send it off.

I had no problems but you could easily forget something as there is alot too it. Good luck with it anyway and I might see you over there.

I know the package is expensive but atleast that way you are guaranteed everything. Good seats, tickets to the Hall of Fame and 2008 is a big one. And to meet a few wrestlers. If I go again i'll just buy a ticket. But for the first time I didn't fancy the ticket race and the chance of ending up in the rafters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

Me and a few mates have our sights set on WrestleMania XXV, hopefully its in Vegas but iv a feeling its going to be in Boston or Philadelpihia as its been years since its been in either of those cities.

Just a quick question in regards to the platinum package, when they say ringside does anyone have any idication as to what rows they are as i wouldnt want to spend a couple of grand and be the 8th row.

Fairly sure it's the first 6 rows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

R.Rated wrote:
    Me and a few mates have our sights set on WrestleMania XXV, hopefully its in Vegas but iv a feeling its going to be in Boston or Philadelpihia as its been years since its been in either of those cities.

Just a quick question in regards to the platinum package, when they say ringside does anyone have any idication as to what rows they are as i wouldnt want to spend a couple of grand and be the 8th row.

Generally WM goes from West to East and then East to West.Since it was in Detroit this year and in Florida next year it should be somewhere in the middle of the US at the time of WM 25.I myself am planning on going to WM25

I had thought that WM 25 would be big. But its on the way downhill at the moment so i wanna get there before Undertaker etc retire and there is no starpower left.

incorrect fatal, WM22 was in Chicago and yet WM23 was in Detroit about 150 miles away, it doesnt always go east then west then east etc

The location of WM25 is up in the air, personally i can't see it being held in Vegas for a while yet (at least not until they build the big 60,000 stadium thats being planned there) as the biggest arena in town (MGM grand; capacity 16,500) is very expensive to lease out. That leaves just the University's Thomas and Mack center with its 15,000 capacity (minus all the seats they lose with the titontron etc) as the only place left to hold mania and I can't see the WWE holding a WM in an arena where they can get no more than 12-13,000 people in.

Last year, Paris of all places was second in line to hold WM24 so the final location could be anywhere.

As for ringside seats, we had ringside for this years royal rumble and one of our seats was row 8 while the others were row 1!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

WM25 should go to Wembley, maybe 80,000 in the stands (-10,000 for the entrance set and other stuff) and many more on the flat and it could beat WM3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

deise59 wrote:
    WM25 should go to Wembley, maybe 80,000 in the stands (-10,000 for the entrance set and other stuff) and many more on the flat and it could beat WM3

wouldnt that be savage , but not as savage as if it was in Croker , Ha Now thats a dream!!!:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

wouldnt that be savage , but not as savage as if it was in Croker , Ha Now thats a dream!!!:D :D

Now that would be cool. A petition should be started to bring it to Croker.:p

• Advertisement

the chances of holding WM in Croke Park are zero.

The best place and only place imo in the british isles to hold Mania is Cardiff (77,000 seating in the stands and a fully enclosed roof).

But there are a ton of places in either USA or Canada that will get Mania before anywhere this side of the pond gets a chance. My personal favourite is the olympic stadium in Montreal http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/buildingbig/wonder/structure/images/olympicstadium1_dome_1.jpg

It'd be awesome if Jeff Hardy did a swanton bomb off a ladder off the top of that stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

rossie1977 wrote:
    the chances of holding WM in Croke Park are zero.

This is the correct answer. Giving the planning disaster that was Summerslam 92 (had to be taped on the actual Sunday and then aired internationally on Monday "live" because nobody was gonna watch a PPV at Sunday morning between 1pm and 3pm!), they'll probably never host a major PPV across the pond ever again.

VR!

This is the correct answer. Giving the planning disaster that was Summerslam 92 (had to be taped on the actual Sunday and then aired internationally on Monday "live" because nobody was gonna watch a PPV at Sunday morning between 1pm and 3pm!), they'll probably never host a major PPV across the pond ever again.

UFC seem to be able to keep good numbers viewing in America when they've done shows over here. Their show in Manchester was broadcast on Spike TV 6 hours later and got three and a half million watching the main-event. I haven't heard anything about the ppv from Belfast, but that was a crap card anyway. It'll be interesting to see how the London ppv does, could be another thing WWE could learn from UFC

Fozzy wrote:
    UFC seem to be able to keep good numbers viewing in America when they've done shows over here. Their show in Manchester was broadcast on Spike TV 6 hours later and got three and a half million watching the main-event. I haven't heard anything about the ppv from Belfast, but that was a crap card anyway. It'll be interesting to see how the London ppv does, could be another thing WWE could learn from UFC

That's actually a fair point dude. Given how much greater the following is these days compared to 1992. A 6 hour time delay would work with WWE as well.

Maybe they're just being overprotective. I remember reading in PWI back in the day that Vince wasn't too happy with it, i'm sure he probably has changed his mind about that in retrospect.

VR!

was that UFC Manchester show broadcast on pay-per-view in America though?? I for one wouldn't pay $50+ to watch a delayed pay-per-view.

i am not so sure that a delayed WM would work even today given the amount of insider wrestling websites and the speed at which WWE pay-per-views appear on websites like Dailymotion. The whole thing could be up on Dailymotion before being shown in America and that would be a disaster for the WWE.

A compromise might work though. If they held the event in say Britain and started at 9pm (4pm eastern/3pm central) and finished at 1am (GMT) then it could go out live to america with not much problem i think; after all WM21 started at 4pm in Los angeles

rossie1977 wrote:
    was that UFC Manchester show broadcast on pay-per-view in America though?? I for one wouldn't pay $50+ to watch a delayed pay-per-view.

No, it was on tv. The Belfast one was on ppv

I think the simple solution would be to do the same thing they do when they tape Raw and SD in England: tape the show in the evening but don't broadcast it in the US or the UK until the regular time. There's no way it could turn up on the net in the 6 hours or so then

I'd go to a UK Wrestlemania but I don't think it would have the same feel. Just my opinion.

that mite work too fozzy; but there are so many if and buts to holding WM in Europe and there are so many fantastic arenas and stadiums in North America well capable of hosting WM for the next 25 years that personally I can't ever see it coming over here; its too big a risk for Vince imo. He mite have one of the smaller ones over here though, even a Survivor Series??

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, I really doubt they'll ever have a WM over here, maybe in many many years time though. Mexico will have one before Europe

According to WWE sources, two cities are under consideration for the site of WrestleMania 25. Right now they are looking at the Astrodome in Houston Texas (site of WrestleMania 17 in 2001) and the Skydome in Toronto (site of WrestleMania VI in 1990 and WrestleMania 18 in 2002).

EdK wrote:
    According to WWE sources, two cities are under consideration for the site of WrestleMania 25. Right now they are looking at the Astrodome in Houston Texas (site of WrestleMania 17 in 2001) and the Skydome in Toronto (site of WrestleMania VI in 1990 and WrestleMania 18 in 2002).

WWE sources? Could you be a little more specific please?
    If those sources are credible, the Astrodome would look cool but they'll never top the setup, nor the crowd for X7, and if it's Skydome, i hope to good f*ck they dim it down a bit. They had the place lit up like a christmas tree for X8 and it looked ****ing horrible!

VR!

Not my sources sorry, its lifted from a wrestling site but they are usually close enough

I hope they stay well clear of houston or anywhere in Texas for that matter or I won't be going to WM25 :p

The Rogers Center in Toronto would be a good choice though; but that would be 3 WMs in less than 20 years in that building. Knowing how bad those guys are doing in Toronto (they sold the place for next to nothing and are offering $1 tickets on some nights to bluejay games); i can see them offering to host WM25 for free :D

Having said all that Las vegas seemed nailed on for WM24 last year until about 1 month before the announcement and ended up not in the running at the end so you never know.

a good bet i think for WM25 mite be the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans seeing as it was brought to the worlds attention during hurricane katrina. The Georgia Dome in Atlanta mite also be in there with a shout; both of those places seat > 72,000 people

Yeah almost had my plans made for Vegas, then Orlando comes out of nowhere, Toronto and Texas are the early shouts anyway could change in 5 mins knowing WWE.

• Advertisement

yeah me too but orlando is a good second choice imo (you can make a proper holiday of it, as well as going to mania)

The more i think about it, the bigger the security nightmare it would be to hold WM in Las Vegas. They basically closed off the Westin O'Hare Hotel in Chicago to all WWE fans during WM22 from Friday morning until Monday morning (actually kicked out those with rooms reserved in advance). We were lucky enough to befriend Sherri Martel's son Jared so we got in to the bar, pool etc which was great

But they couldn't do that in Vegas, no way could the WWE reserve and stop people entering the 5,500 room MGM grand or the 4,700 room Luxor or the Bellagio etc :eek:

Yeah I intend to,been there in 04' so I know the story. Gonna try to get to TNA and ROH as well as Busch Gardens which we didnt do last time. Am going over from Saturday to Monday to make it a good trip.

Was gonna go for WM weekend only but you have to buy flights anyway and a decent hotel is only like €50 a night. So we went the whole hog haha.

from wrestlezone.com

did Busch the last time i was in orlando, its very good but the waiting for the top attractions can be annoying though (no fastpass like disney or universal :mad:). you can get a 2 in 1 ticket if you buy a seaworld ticket btw and the bus to tampa leaves from the universal parking lot at 8am each morning (and its free :D)

Didn't do any Disney the last time i was in orlando (though have done Disneyland paris a few times) so mite do Animal Kingdom this time. There is a big group of us going over 8 or 9 at this stage and only me and my brother have been to orlando before so it will be a new experience for everyone else

rossie1977 wrote:
    incorrect fatal, WM22 was in Chicago and yet WM23 was in Detroit about 150 miles away, it doesnt always go east then west then east etc

Correct me if im wrong but from Los angeles it went to chicago and then to detoit and next year to Florida.Is that going from one side of the United states to the other?

• Advertisement

Disney is mainly for kids nice to see once but nothing special. Universal is really good really enjoyed it. Am hoping that parks wont be packed in March. But then again there are 65,000+ extra people in town so we'll see.

EdK wrote:
    Disney is mainly for kids nice to see once but nothing special. Universal is really good really enjoyed it. Am hoping that parks wont be packed in March. But then again there are 65,000+ extra people in town so we'll see.

Parks like disney and universal studios are ALWAYS packed no matter what time of the year you go.There may be peak times like the Summer but they are always packed

yes it is fatal, kind of... the way they did it for 22 and 23 suggests somewhere like Miami could easily be in the running for WM25 or Atlanta. The WWE had the big stadium thing going there for a while but they stopped that too at WM20 bringing back the smaller indoor arena like MSG for a few years. Who knows what goes on in the head of those at Titontowers :confused:

bad news EdK i was reading last night that Easter falls very early April next year and traditionally the two weeks leading up to Easter are packed to capacity in Orlando's theme-parks; damn kids :(

rossie1977 wrote:

bad news EdK i was reading last night that Easter falls very early April next year and traditionally the two weeks leading up to Easter are packed to capacity in Orlando's theme-parks; damn kids :(

Get to the gates early and tell everyone you're irish and you won't have a problem with anything in the US:D

rossie1977 wrote:
    I hope they stay well clear of houston or anywhere in Texas for that matter or I won't be going to WM25 :p

The Rogers Center in Toronto would be a good choice though; but that would be 3 WMs in less than 20 years in that building. Knowing how bad those guys are doing in Toronto (they sold the place for next to nothing and are offering $1 tickets on some nights to bluejay games); i can see them offering to host WM25 for free :D

Having said all that Las vegas seemed nailed on for WM24 last year until about 1 month before the announcement and ended up not in the running at the end so you never know.

a good bet i think for WM25 mite be the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans seeing as it was brought to the worlds attention during hurricane katrina. The Georgia Dome in Atlanta mite also be in there with a shout; both of those places seat > 72,000 people

not a chance itll be held in new orleans that place is still devastated its not close to being rebuilt yet,id love it if it was in the skydome again its an awesome arena,visited it when i stayed in toronto (the guy i was staying with lives a block away),the tour guide was asking if anyone knew what the attendace record was and i said wrestlemania x-8 and a few people laughed and said "yeah right", then he agreed with me,knew all that useless wrestling info would pay off some day!

Punk kids haha, yeah my brother is on his Easter Holidays for it so thats the only reason we can go for a week.

Although I was there in June and the waits for even the top rides were 30-45mins which isn't bad considering I spent 2hrs queing for rhe Dragon Khan 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I would have expected them to do the 25th Wrestlemania at MSG. Pity it won't be there as those fans are always rabid.

EdK wrote:
    Punk kids haha, yeah my brother is on his Easter Holidays for it so thats the only reason we can go for a week.

Although I was there in June and the waits for even the top rides were 30-45mins which isn't bad considering I spent 2hrs queing for rhe Dragon Khan 2 weeks ago.

If you are amongst the first few hundred people at the gates in the morning you can buy a "queue jump" ticket that works for all of the rides

I would have expected them to do the 25th Wrestlemania at MSG. Pity it won't be there as those fans are always rabid.

I would have liked to have seen one there but apparently the cost of using MSG has sky-rocketed in the last few years and thats supposedly why we haven't seen many WWE events being held there

fatal wrote:
    If you are amongst the first few hundred people at the gates in the morning you can buy a "queue jump" ticket that works for all of the rides

Interesting!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement