Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dads Volvo died RIP

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Have you left your details with Dermot in Traynors (and other salvage companies) so that they can ring you if they hear of/get a s80 t6 in ??

drdre wrote: »
    I have contacted traynors to no luck,

Not an answer to the question Santa Claus asked. Do it, or keep sitting on your ass. :(

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

esel wrote: »
    Not an answer to the question Santa Claus asked. Do it, or keep sitting on your ass. :(

Yes when i am online i do sit on my arse as its on a seat.Anyway i did leave a message with one of the guys and i didn't get a name, it was a while back and he said he will call me if he had any 2.0 or 2.8 turbo's in stock.
    I dont mind if i put in a 2.0 or 2.8 but i would prefer a 2.8 as its on the log book and i have the turbo which is working perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Anyway i did leave a message with one of the guys and i didn't get a name, it was a while back and he said he will call me if he had any 2.0 or 2.8 turbo's in stock.

If you didn't get his name then it's unlikely they'll be ringing you.

You'd really want to be ringing them for a few weeks before they'll actually offer to call you back if one arrives. worked for me earlier this year when i need a part for the alfa gt, rang every wednesday morning and after about 3 weeks of chatting to the guy he said he'd call me when it came in and 2 weeks later he rang me on the monday afternoon to say he had the part in and put aside for me.

To be honest, every reply you make on this thread is a post you COULD have made on the volvo owners forum which would get a far better reply.

If you didn't get his name then it's unlikely they'll be ringing you.

You'd really want to be ringing them for a few weeks before they'll actually offer to call you back if one arrives. worked for me earlier this year when i need a part for the alfa gt, rang every wednesday morning and after about 3 weeks of chatting to the guy he said he'd call me when it came in and 2 weeks later he rang me on the monday afternoon to say he had the part in and put aside for me.

To be honest, every reply you make on this thread is a post you COULD have made on the volvo owners forum which would get a far better reply.

Thanks for your help Santa, Its actually been posted on the Volvo site earlier.Hope to get some news within the week and try get it back on the road.

I got this off www.partsgateway.co.uk:

Part:engine Price:528.75 Guarantee: 90 Days Delivery:£141.00 Total price: £669.75

Supplier Background
    Volvolks provides Volvo & Volkswagen parts, service & car sales covering all of the UK and Europe. We have a vast stock of new, used and reconditioned parts for all Volvos & VW's - and also offer a more...

We offer a part fitting service on many of the parts we supply, please ask.

WE ARE LOCAL TO YOU!
    Units 2-18, Terrace Street Industrial Estate, Ribbleton Lane, Preston PR1 5LE. Please call us on 01772 709221 if you would prefer to collect.

Thanks for this site, theres alot of dealers on it and hopefully will find one as i got afew replys back from dealers.

• Advertisement

Any mechanic would put in the engine once you have it.

Do you know any mechanic who will fit an engine in south dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Do you know any mechanic who will fit an engine in south dublin?

Jesus .. I only had a read through this thread, it actually makes more sense if you take out everyones replies.

http://www.goldenpages.ie/search/dublin/garage.html

If you were working with me, i'd be sending back an unmerciful amount of RTFM and DIY's

craichoe wrote: »
    Jesus .. I only had a read through this thread, it actually makes more sense if you take out everyones replies.

http://www.goldenpages.ie/search/dublin/garage.html

If you were working with me, i'd be sending back an unmerciful amount of RTFM and DIY's

Heheh, I know about the golden pages, Im asking from people here who can recommend a garage as i dont want to go to a crap garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Heheh, I know about the golden pages, Im asking from people here who can recommend a garage as i dont want to go to a crap garage.

In fairness Dre, we've all given you plenty of good information...at some stage you're going to have to do something YOURSELF.

The volvo forum i pointed you to might have some irish members on it who can recommend good volvo mechanics.
    OR you could always get a quote for labour from the Volvo garage the car is sitting in for the past few months !!!

Advertisement