Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Engine Skoda Octavia

Options
  • 04-07-2007 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hello All,

Sorry if this is a daft question, but I'm not I'm not technically-minded.

If I get a new engine in my Skoda Octavia will the 'clock' go back to zero or will it include the mileage of the original engine (or do you get a new clock with a new engine).
    I ask this because it may affect the resale value if I decide to sell in the future.

Thanks,
    Za..

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

It will stay as it what was. AFAIK you can get a note put in the log book to reflect the mileage on the new engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Zagorkagirl

Thanks Mr Magnolia, that makes sense.

Za..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

No probs. Remind them in the garage to update the log book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

....and make sure you keep ALL paperwork related to the new engine and the fitting - will make all the difference when you decide to sell/trade.

Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Hello All,

Sorry if this is a daft question, but I'm not I'm not technically-minded.

If I get a new engine in my Skoda Octavia will the 'clock' go back to zero or will it include the mileage of the original engine (or do you get a new clock with a new engine).
    I ask this because it may affect the resale value if I decide to sell in the future.

Thanks,
    Za..

YIKES ....why do you need a new engine? ...hope its covered by insurance!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement