Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cable issue

• 04-07-2007 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys

(2nd thread in a minute:)

im looking at getting a TV for the 360, and it says it has

1 x HDMI
    1 x Scart

will this connect to the 360 ok?
    like can i use the HDMI, is there a cable for that?
    it mentions nothing about component on it though?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

There is no official HDMI cable. Could be a 3rd party cable but I haven't heard of one. When the elite version comes out it will have HDMI but if you already have the xbox then component and vga are the better options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

bugger

so if there is no component on this TV, its no good?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, you'd need component or dvi-i connection at least. The problem is you can only send a digital signal via HDMI and the current 360 is analog.

though me mates are saying pretty much all TVs will have component on it, so ill check it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

You can get component >> Scart converters.

I'm not too sure on the technical specs on these converters. They could be rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Triangle wrote:
    You can get component >> Scart converters.

I'm not too sure on the technical specs on these converters. They could be rubbish.

They probably work alright but you'd only get an SD image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Does the TV have a VGA port?

To be honest if it doesn't have VGA or component I'd look at getting
    a different model. If you use a component to SCART adaptor you will
    not get the best picture and may as well use a non-HD TV.

If you can get a TV with VGA, HDMI and component. If you can get
    more than one HDMI port on the TV it'll help you future-proof it as
    HDMI will replace SCART for connecting devices soon.

will there soon be a HDMI cable coming out for the Xbox?

event wrote:
    will there soon be a HDMI cable coming out for the Xbox?

No. The current Xbox does not support digital video output. HDMI is digital only. The only way it would work is if you got an analogue to digital convertor and they're not cheap or worth the hassle imo.

If you haven't bought the tv yet then just pick another one.

ah, only reason is cos the tv is cheap, its €450 for a 26"

thats a bit ****e that they dont do true HD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

event wrote:
    thats a bit ****e that they dont do true HD

well they do HD via component and vga.

HDMI is a licensed technology I think (silicon Image developed the standard) so I can see straight away why they tried to dodge it, it might have added to the price of the console

Surely you need a lot more than just an A/D converter to change a component signal to one that will work for HDMI. The component signal would have to be converted and then translated into one that can be transmit in the HDMI standard.

Advertisement