Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HID installer

• 04-07-2007 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any shop/people that install HID's in Dublin?

I can source the HID kit myself if necessary but would prefer the installer to supply.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

colm_c wrote:
    Anyone know any shop/people that install HID's in Dublin?

I can source the HID kit myself if necessary but would prefer the installer to supply.
    i don't know any installers in Dublin, I got mine installed in the UK. What kind of price are you getting? The guy I got mine from is very competitive and he has the new ballasts which are tiny. they are also very good, you can actually flash the high beam like a normal light which you cannot do with some ballasts.

MrP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

The ones I was looking at for my F650GS were H4 bi-xeon so they do the dipped and full beams, they worked out about 90 USD for the kit.

Do you have a contact for someone in the UK?

If they're near enough to one of the ferry ports I'd consider going for a day trip adventure :0)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

HID's?

HID - High Intensity Discharge

It's a xeon lights system that gives off 5+ times the amount of light from standard halogen bulbs. Most of the new high end cars (Merc's, Porsches, BMWs, Audi etc.) have these as standard.

They can be fitted to s standard light socket on pretty much any car or bike but require a ballast to give the xeon bulb the extra voltage to spark off.

The difference in lighting is pretty amazing. Some of the after market kits don't support hi/lo beams which can be a problem.

More on the technicalities:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlight#HID_light_sources_.28Xenon_and_Bi-Xenon.29

Some sample pictures:
    http://hoganequip.com///catalog/plan.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Hmmm,

This is interesting. So can one of these kits be fitted to a regular H4 headlight? My bike has the low beam illuminated all the time. Would this be an issue? I have no problem fitting the kit myself. Any links to a Hi/Lo kit?

Cheers

• Advertisement

Here's the one I was looking at:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130068476463&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:us

Mine is always on too. There shouldn't be any issues with them running all the time.

I have two 55w hids. One in my dip and one for the full beam, they are both identical bulbs, the difference comes from the reflector.

The difference is amazing. They take about 20 hours to burn in a give full light.

The guy that did mine lives in Congelton, cheshire. A bit of a ride from Holyhead but doable.

MrP

I think I know the guy from the forums on UKSER.com.

Thanks MrP.

colm_c wrote:
    I think I know the guy from the forums on UKSER.com.

Thanks MrP.
    Les Wassel is his name.

MrP

Thats the guy alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement