Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good or stay away?

Options
  • 04-07-2007 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭

Just won a voucher in work and was hoping to put it towards my new set of wheels. The bummer is that not many good bike shops accept the vouchers (bonus bonds).

Euro cycles are one shop that does but they only seem to stock Raleigh. Now when it comesto road racing they don't have a great name so i'm wondering if this is any use or should I stay away and go for my trek/giant that I think I will.

http://www.eurocycles.ie/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=49

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Hi Are the vouchers the post office vouchers if so cycle superstore take them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

iregk wrote:
    Just won a voucher in work and was hoping to put it towards my new set of wheels. The bummer is that not many good bike shops accept the vouchers (bonus bonds).

Euro cycles are one shop that does but they only seem to stock Raleigh. Now when it comesto road racing they don't have a great name so i'm wondering if this is any use or should I stay away and go for my trek/giant that I think I will.

http://www.eurocycles.ie/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=49

That looks like a decent bike for commuting or training - what's your price range.
    I know the blanchardstown centre takes Bonus Bonds - there is a Halfords there which have two or three decent spec'd road bikes. Be warned though - the service is terrible and the knowledge non-existant in Halfords. Having said that, the bikes are good at their price range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Cheers lads. They aren't post office, they are bonus bonds. I'm on to cycle superstore now to see if they will take them. hopefully. Price range is 600 give or take...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

You could ring ahead. Bear in mind that many shops will order in if there is something in particular you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Eurocycles used to do Dawes bikes as well (about a year ago) - it might be worth a quick call to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I wouldn't go Dawes for a road bike personally (have a Dawes hybrid though.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Have you asked Eurocycles if they can order you a bike if you had, say, a specific Trek or Giant in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Eurocycles also do BH bikes - they would be of a much higer standard imo than the raleigh ones.
    Try the long mile road shop.

Advertisement