Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone with the best camera

• 04-07-2007 12:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

What phone out there has the best camera?
    I heard you can get ones now that are 5 Mega Pixal or more from Sony Ericson.

Anybody use these?

Thinking of getting a digital camera but may bet a better phone with a ****e hot camera instead.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Nokia N95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Gandalf23 wrote:
    Nokia N95
    No way, the K750i kicks that phones arse, not to mention the k800i cam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

You need a proper camera as well for a decent zoom lens. You will end up with crappy pictures if you are using digital zoom or else enlarging the photos on your pc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

unreggd wrote:
    No way, the K750i kicks that phones arse, not to mention the k800i cam

I don't get that joke.

You need a proper camera as well for a decent zoom lens. You will end up with crappy pictures if you are using digital zoom or else enlarging the photos on your pc.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Telescope-Camera-6x-Zoom-Silicone-Case-for-Nokia-N95-95_W0QQitemZ270137294628QQihZ017QQcategoryZ42394QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Interesting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I don't get that joke.

not sure on which camera is better but megapixels aren't the be all and end all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Gandalf23 wrote:
    Nokia N95

I would agree with you.its the best phone on the market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Cremo wrote:
    not sure on which camera is better but megapixels aren't the be all and end all.

QFT

Or you could just walk forwards or backwards as required...

jank wrote:
    What phone out there has the best camera?
    I heard you can get ones now that are 5 Mega Pixal or more from Sony Ericson.

Anybody use these?

Thinking of getting a digital camera but may bet a better phone with a ****e hot camera instead.

As with all cameras check out the results and see which you prefer.

http://www.mobileburn.com/story.jsp?Id=3298

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

BostonB wrote:
    QFT

lmao.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

BostonB wrote:
    As with all cameras check out the results and see which you prefer.

http://www.mobileburn.com/story.jsp?Id=3298
    from them pictures there, i think the k800i wins hands down, even on the first one check how much crisper the people in the back of the picture look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

BostonB wrote:
    QFT

Not when you are watching the football.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Thanks guys I might wait for the k850i.

IF its like the k800i with a better megapixal then i think it will be the dogs bollox!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I have both the K800 and the N95 and the K800 is a better cam-phone .

Its also much quicker than the n95 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

I'd say get a separate digital camera. Phone cameras simply aren't a valid option yet if you want really good pictures.

A camera that you'd pick up for 100 euro these days would kick any camera phones' butt.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭massivemagumbos

sharkman wrote:
    I have both the K800 and the N95 and the K800 is a better cam-phone .

Its also much quicker than the n95 .

I just upgraded from the k800i to the n95.

the k800 is more discrete and better for nightout photos, much better flash, but the CZ lens on the nokia really kicks the sh*t outta the cybershot. like, you'd have to be blind to think the k800i's best shots are better that the n95.

http://www.mobileburn.com/story.jsp?Page=3&Id=3298

Not when you are watching the football.

I don't get your point at all. Why do you use a compact point and shoot (nearest thing to a phone camera) for taking pictures of football matches?

dal wrote:
    I'd say get a separate digital camera. Phone cameras simply aren't a valid option yet if you want really good pictures.

A camera that you'd pick up for 100 euro these days would kick any camera phones' butt.

I don't agree. I've a 2mp k750i. For 6x4 it takes decent pictures. Need the right natural light though. In my experience cheap digital cameras at €100 are usually dire and not worth €20 never mind 100.

Also the camera you have on you is much better than camera left at home.

I just upgraded from the k800i to the n95.

the k800 is more discrete and better for nightout photos, much better flash, but the CZ lens on the nokia really kicks the sh*t outta the cybershot. like, you'd have to be blind to think the k800i's best shots are better that the n95.

http://www.mobileburn.com/story.jsp?Page=3&Id=3298

IMO the N95 like the N73 seems to do something odd with photos. Its like theres a filter or something being applied. Colors are off and is like theres a blur or something being applied.

http://www.gsmarena.com/kg920_k800_n73_photo-review-125p3.php

• Advertisement
Advertisement