Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best hero of them all?

Options
  • 04-07-2007 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

So who's your favourite Final Fantasy hero? Who's the best, most credible hero of them all?

Hero's 58 votes

Cecil Harvey(FF IV)
    0%
    Bartz Klauser (FF V)
    1%
    Crucifix 1 vote
    Locke Cole (FF VI)
    0%
    Cloud Strife (FF VII)
    1%
    kawaii 1 vote
    Squall Leonhart(FF VIII)
    58%
    jinxedweemcdlordgoatSaviour_AngelWellyJairetam_stormnorrie ruggerMr.Nice GuyZombienoshStalfosFerrioxideSwitcheadmerlinsmerrymanMerrickbluto63KilbarrackBlowsBlowfishKeith CNehpetsRoonels 34 votes
    Zidane Tribal(FF IX)
    12%
    friend and foePrufrockHagakure_irlchaotic dreamVarkovmuboop1dutopia 7 votes
    Tidus (FF X)
    3%
    weederSelphie 2 votes
    Vaan(FF XII)
    8%
    gubbieshockwavesd123tomdadudebrianorourke 5 votes
    Other
    1%
    condra 1 vote
    Yuffie Kisaragi......
    12%
    super_furrygrimlochec18Mark HamillShaneUSchismancapailldorcha 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

Yuffie Kisaragi......
    Vincent DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Squall Leonhart(FF VIII)
    Cloud!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yuffie Kisaragi......
    Vivi. He's the most human (ironically), realistic and one of the few FF characters with true depth. My favourite character from the entire series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Bartz Klauser (FF V)
    Bartz?! Who the heck is Bartz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Mkl

Squall Leonhart(FF VIII)
    Sephiroth would win the best baddie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Yuffie Kisaragi......
    Vivi. He's the most human (ironically), realistic and one of the few FF characters with true depth. My favourite character from the entire series.

I actually agree with this. Vivi's backstory is the best part of FF IX, so good they butchered it and used it as Zidanes story aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yuffie Kisaragi......
    Bugenhagen!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Not sure you could call Locke the main VI character. Twas more of an ensemble piece, wasn't it ?

I think Cecil (IV) and Tidus (X) were probably 2 of the best main protagonists.

And, previous posters, I wouldn't count Vivi as the primary protagonist in IX .....like the hate begin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Auron from FFX
    Cid from FF7(or Tifa with her cracking pair of .... Fists!)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Zidane Tribal(FF IX)
    SofaKing wrote:
    Not sure you could call Locke the main VI character. Twas more of an ensemble piece, wasn't it ?

I think Cecil (IV) and Tidus (X) were probably 2 of the best main protagonists.

And, previous posters, I wouldn't count Vivi as the primary protagonist in IX .....like the hate begin ;)

I had to pick one and Locke was the most credible.

Come on people Squall. He spends most of the game doing heroic things like saving the girl, getting badly injured for the cause ect.

Vivi is a great character. Shows great emotional courage during the course of the story alright.

Oh and Tidus? Come on. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Yuffie Kisaragi......
    Prufrock wrote:
    I had to pick one and Locke was the most credible.

Come on people Squall. He spends most of the game doing heroic things like saving the girl, getting badly injured for the cause ect.

Vivi is a great character. Shows great emotional courage during the course of the story alright.

Oh and Tidus? Come on. :rolleyes:

Squall spends the overwhelming majority of the game being a complete and utter whiny emo wiener.

Yuna from x-2 tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Squall was pathetic, he just went around moping all the time and being a complete asshole to Rinoa. I keep seeing him as a wife beater latter in life with a beer belly and a can of stella in one of his hands. Awful character.

I'd say the main characters of FFVI are Terra and em, opera bird.

I've always liked the female characters in FF games, thy always end up the strongest in the end. Aeris seemed weak but was brave enough to make a huge sacrifice, I loved the way Tifa learned from her and despite being tough but introvert was able to express her feelings in the end.

Yuna as well, she see's a little too happy but worried at the beginning of the game but later we learn just how brave she really is. Her character was ruined in FFX-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

Yuffie Kisaragi......
    Auron and Vincent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Vaan(FF XII)
    Oh no I actually really like Auron! Just cos he's strong and mysterious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Zidane Tribal(FF IX)
    i went with squall...but this isnt realy accurate...its was purely cos i liked 8 the most...and he was the character! :P otherwise id chose vivi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Squall Leonhart(FF VIII)
    i picked Cloud, i think its mainly because FF VII was the first i played and it really got me into the series, i do happen to love Squall though as i love 8!!

sephiroth definatly would have to be my pick for best baddie also!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

Vaan(FF XII)
    i only played 7, 8, X and X-2 but from what i can see, Tidus has to be the greatest hero, he's the only one who gave up his (so called) life to save the planet/ people he loves etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fierce_diety

Squall Leonhart(FF VIII)
    go cloud!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Squall Leonhart(FF VIII)
    go cloud!!!

mad giant signature picture, suggest u change that there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Other
    I voted Vaan as a joke.

I had a feeling he would be unpopular, snivelling whiney little fluffy boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Zidane Tribal(FF IX)
    Vaan really wasn't too bad I thought. As in "I didnt despise him nearly as much as Tidus"

Yeah, Tidus' catch phrase for the entire game seemed to be "Huh? Wha? Whats going on?"

So.....Squall FTW. he has a sword that shoots people. Rawk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Varkov wrote:
    So.....Squall FTW. he has a sword that shoots people. Rawk.

Sulking emo twat with the emotional depth of a toothpick. He was the worst for me. He just maoned and sulked for no good reason. Rinoa should have given him a slap and told him to cop on and act his age not like a spoiled 5 year old.

I always felt Basch and Ashe were more the main characters in FFXII. Vaan quickly took a back seat after the opening events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Zidane Tribal(FF IX)
    All in all, I think its hard for any of us to remember a FF when the main character was actually our favourite.

Vivi , Auran , Basch , Vincent , Laguna.

Very true strangely.

I would consider Terra and Celes from FFVI the main characters and they were my favourite but still just like FFXII there was no clear cut lead character in that game.

If I could pick one main character it would be Cloud. He had by far the most depth and wasn't annoying like squall but very likable and believable since behind that big sword he was quite vulnerable.

I also quite liked Cecil from FFIV. A bit different from most RPG characters, you start of as one of the heartless bad guys before showing remorse for what you did when you were tricked by the king. He also his relationship with Rosa was already established well before the game started which I haven't seen in any other RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yuffie Kisaragi......
    womoma wrote:
    I voted Vaan as a joke.

I had a feeling he would be unpopular, snivelling whiney little fluffy boy.

He's not that bad and certainly not in the same league as the whinging, petulant and destetable Tidus. However, it does some that the main characters in the FF are often overshadowed by the supporting cast.

Advertisement