Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel 'Network Q' assured used cars

Options
  • 04-07-2007 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi all,

Just to warn you all about Opel Ireland and their advertising standards, or lack thereof. I'm buying a used car from a main Opel dealer and the car is being advertised under the 'Network Q Approved Used Car' scheme on the Opel.ie website. This scheme gives roadside assistance, multi-point check, unlimited mileage warranty for 1 year etc and is very comprehensive. When I mentioned this to the dealer he said he wasn't part of the scheme and never asked for his cars to be advertised in such a way, and so wouldn't be offering the Network Q warranty. I contacted Opel Ireland (General Motors UK) and they have been useless. They are saying it's not their fault - it's down to Network Q. Meanwhile I'm left without this warranty, which is still being advertised.. Short of not buying the car, is there anything I can do?

Regards
    AnFearDearg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

I contacted more than one opel dealer enquiring about a new astra opc and amazingly none called me back. They must be making serious money if they can afford to do that! Same old Opel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Take your business elsewhere. If this is what it's like when you are eager the hand over the money what's it going to be like down the road when the deal is done & forgotten about?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

If it's any use I know the name of the guy who heads up the Network Q in Ireland - pm me for his name.

Not sure if it will do any good any way, I used to work with him and he was a bit of a useless fecker......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 AnFearDearg

Take your business elsewhere. If this is what it's like when you are eager the hand over the money what's it going to be like down the road when the deal is done & forgotten about?

In fairness the dealer is adamant that Network Q or Opel never contacted him to advertise his cars and on balance I believe him. I'm getting a good deal on the car, which still has 6 months manufacturers warranty to run. The Network Q warranty would be nice, but it's not a dealbreaker. I'll be pursuing Opel/Network Q to uphold their advertising claim and give me the warranty independent of the dealer.

Thanks R.O.R, I've PM'd you.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

I've a network Q 12 month warranty on my 04' megane which I bought from an opel garage. I've used the wattanty once to get the car started when the battery went flat and they replaced the battery. So far so good.

that said i pushed them on the warranty when I bought the car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 AnFearDearg

R.O.R wrote:
    If it's any use I know the name of the guy who heads up the Network Q in Ireland - pm me for his name.

Not sure if it will do any good any way, I used to work with him and he was a bit of a useless fecker......

The useless fecker rang me this morning, and was, well, useless!! Apparently there is a problem with the Opel website which is supposed to upload 'ticked' cars only from Opel dealers on Carzone but it's uploading them all. And then he told me that there was no legal avenue regarding mistakes made on websites. So beware, be sure to check that any offers that appear from Opel dealers or Opel websites.

Stick with Nissan and Toyota - proper dealer networks who back up their warranty claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Stick with !!!!!! and Toyota - proper dealer networks who back up their warranty claims.

are you sure your name isn't Colm ? ;):D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

The useless fecker rang me this morning

Obviously he's better than he used to be then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

From my experience of Opel dealers and Opel Ireland I would never buy one of their cars from them again. Complete arrogant muppets who think they are selling the best product in the world. They are also useless at diagnosing and fixing problems imo.

Advertisement