Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Nokia?

• 04-07-2007 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi,

My employer is having a car kit fitted in my car tomorrow. My current phone is not compatible with a car kit or bluetooth so I have to get a new one. I'm not interested in fancy features, just a durable, easy-to-use phone. The car kit fitter is recommending the Nokia 6070 as a good choice and so is fitting the car kit to suit that phone. But before I buy the 6070, are there any other phones that I should take a look at?

Regards
    AnFearDearg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

nokia 6300 or the nokia 6230i both good choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skary

Make sure he installs a bluetooth carkit in your car - even if the cradle does match the 6230i or 6070. This will widen your options if and when you change handset again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 AnFearDearg

Skary wrote:
    Make sure he installs a bluetooth carkit in your car - even if the cradle does match the 6230i or 6070. This will widen your options if and when you change handset again

Ok thanks Skary,

I confess I haven't a clue about these carkit things (or mobile phones in general), but when I rang the installer he advised me not to go for bluetooth as the cost of a bluetooth enabled phone would be a lot more than the car kit enabled one? He advised me to get the Nokia 6070 and said I could change the cradle easily if/when I updated the handset in future. Is he pullin' the wool over my eyes? :(

BTW, do you have to wear one of those headsets if using bluetooth? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

If you decide on the 6070.Get yourself the Nokia Ck7w car kit with a CR57 cradle... that way you'll be plugged in but also ahve bluetooth compatability.(for the future)

And no.. with a bluetooth car kit you dont need a headset on your ear.. bluetooth is simply wireless connectvity... It enables you to conncet to a device be it a headset, car kit , pc, without wires..

Hi,

My employer is having a car kit fitted in my car tomorrow. My current phone is not compatible with a car kit or bluetooth so I have to get a new one. I'm not interested in fancy features, just a durable, easy-to-use phone. The car kit fitter is recommending the Nokia 6070 as a good choice and so is fitting the car kit to suit that phone. But before I buy the 6070, are there any other phones that I should take a look at?

Regards
    AnFearDearg

Ps it sounds like the car kit fitter may want to fit the CK10 car kit .. easy job for him.. dont accept it as imo its an inferior car kit comapred to ck7 or Ck1 -20 etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

Hi,

Regards
    AnFearDearg

Stay away from a Nokia 6070
    Get a Nokia 6230i - far far far far far superior phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Ok thanks Skary,

I confess I haven't a clue about these carkit things (or mobile phones in general), but when I rang the installer he advised me not to go for bluetooth as the cost of a bluetooth enabled phone would be a lot more than the car kit enabled one? He advised me to get the Nokia 6070 and said I could change the cradle easily if/when I updated the handset in future. Is he pullin' the wool over my eyes? :(

BTW, do you have to wear one of those headsets if using bluetooth? :confused:
    what the fook is he talking about?????

you can get a bluetooth enabled phone for €70-€100 in any phone shop. the 6070 is usually about 89 depending on network/shop

you can change the cradle easily that's for sure if you have 60 quid to spend to get someone in to change it. a bluetooth phone requires no change to the car kit regardless of model or brand

you don't need a headset, its on a loudspeaker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 AnFearDearg

JohnnieM wrote:
    If you decide on the 6070.Get yourself the Nokia Ck7w car kit with a CR57 cradle... that way you'll be plugged in but also ahve bluetooth compatability.(for the future)

And no.. with a bluetooth car kit you dont need a headset on your ear.. bluetooth is simply wireless connectvity... It enables you to conncet to a device be it a headset, car kit , pc, without wires..

Thanks for the advice lads,

I just contacted the installer and he confirmed that he is putting in a Ck7w. Does anyone have a list of compatible phones for this device, or will any bluetooth enabled phone do?

Regards
    AFD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Thanks for the advice lads,

I just contacted the installer and he confirmed that he is putting in a Ck7w. Does anyone have a list of compatible phones for this device, or will any bluetooth enabled phone do?

Regards
    AFD
    any bt phone

Yes any Bluetooth phone but obviously Optimum performance from nokia's. Motorolas dont work work too good with them..
    if you want to be totally Bluetooth compatable get a Parrot BT car kit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement