Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISSF wedding

Options
  • 04-07-2007 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it's a human interest bit, but what the hell, it's interesting.

KaMatt.jpg

That's Katerina Kurkova on the left (bronze medal, 10m Women's Air Rifle, Athens games) and Matt Eamons (World Champion 50m Prone Rifle, Gold medallist, 50m Prone Rifle, Athens games and probably better known for not being the gold medallist in the 50m 3P match in Athens because he fired on the wrong target with his last shot and went from 1st to 8th place) on the right. Though I guess now she's Mrs Katerina Eamons.

Nice to know that shooters don't have that whole "loneliness of the long distance runner" thing going on. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

It's actually Matt Emmons.

You seem to have a thing for spelling names incorrectly Sparks ;)

Lot's of shooters seem to get married to each other, Ralf Schumanns wife is also an international pistol shooter and the late Malcolm Cooper's wife was an air rifle shooter if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You seem to have a thing for spelling names incorrectly Sparks
    Aye. Lack of time and so forth. Hey, at least I knew he was the one standing on the right of the photo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sparks wrote:
    Hey, at least I knew he was the one standing on the right of the photo

Are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

And Mr MEC is married to Gaby whats her face too.

As a side note, your man's position must have been poor when he lind up on the wrong target! Schoolboy error :D

Advertisement