Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle Eastern cafes restaurants?

• 04-07-2007 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

I used to live near Edgeware road in london for a while, an area which has a large middle eastern community. I used to go to persian restaurants, drink teas and smoke sishas and hookahs (sorry can't spell). Is there anywhere in Dublin which has good cuisine, or you can smoke. Bearing in mind I am female and white, so it would have to be somewhere liberal. I don't want to offend anybodies sensibilities. I just really miss the music atmosphere good food! Dublin is so insular and the sad part is most of us don't even realise.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

There's a very good Morroccan restaurant behind BT's called El Bahia. They do a pretty amazing rabbit dish. They also have wonderful Morroccan coffee. Very nice atmosphere and good service.

I don't think you'll find anywhere you can smoke, I'm not sure of the implications under the Smoking Ban.

I know someone recommended a good Lebanese restaurant in one of the other recent threads, I think it was titled something like "Something different"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's also the Silk Road Cafe in the Chester Beatty museum which has a Middle Eastern feel to it.

http://www.silkroadcafe.ie/

Advertisement