Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cream furniture

Options
  • 04-07-2007 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I never thought it would be so hard to find cream furniture. I am looking for a tv unit or large coffee table to hold a tv.

I can find plenty in every colour bar cream. Can anyone suggest a place to look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭amerden

Have you got existing furniture that you like, bar the colour?, if so paint it cream, if not just buy furniture you like and paint that, you will be surprised how well it will look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Mocking Burd

The only place I can think of is Ballymore Eustace in Kildare. There's a garden centre on the outskirts of the village which also stocks a large selection of really nice furniture - stuff you wouldn't see in more mainstream shops. If you're not too far you should take a spin out or else give them a ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 silhouette

Strawbridge at Mount Usher in Ashford,Co Wicklow. Its very cottagey type stuff and a bit pricey but seems to be good quality. There's also a small shop that I can't remember the name of across the road from Flanagans in Mount Merrion. They've lots of cream furniture. Also Woodies in Carrickmines...but that might be white and not cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

There's the furniture shop in Ranelagh on the Triangle - I think it's called Ranelagh Collection. It seems to be all cream-painted pine. Looks quite nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Blueberry

What about going for a light wood instead, like birch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

I have painted units and furniture using 'Ronseal , one coat, MDF and Melamine paint'. No primer needed. They do a shade called antique cream. I was very please with the results.Might be an option for you.

Advertisement