Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a car from a dealer?

Options
  • 04-07-2007 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

hi, hubby and I are off this week to buy a second hand car, and have decided on a second hand Toyota Corolla, 04-05-06 depending on price. I'm hearing and reading horror stories about the various dealers around the south dublin area and am wondering if anyone has any good and bad tips about what's/who's good or not and what we should look out for and what to avoid.
    any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Deadwards.com

Hi Realtine,

best of luck with your search. One thing you should be sure to check when buying a second hand car is if it is still within its warranty period (usually 3 years 100,000klms) it needs to have a full documented service history. i.e serviced by a mechanic at the intervals outlined in the owners handbook.

This needs to be documented as if it is not and there happens to be an issue, most companies will not be in a position to honour a repair / replacement.

Also remember in Ireland 80% of sales are made in the first part of the year and dealers will have a large amount of trade in vehicles on their books and now is the time that they will start trying to move them off the forecourt to prepare for 2008 orders etc so negociate with them and do not accept the first price given.

Happy hunting.

Advertisement