Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bats Fire

Options
  • 04-07-2007 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Colony of protected bats wiped out in deliberate fire in Galway today ---why????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

As I understand it, there were works being carried out on the bridge when the colony was first discovered. All work was immediately halted and the bridge will remain closed until the autumn to allow them to breed in peace and for the young to leave the nest.

In the meantime, traffic in the area has to make an 8 mile detour, and there was a suggestion that sand and gravel lorries were the cause of the damage to the bridge in the first place. You could therefore not unreasonably conclude that it might have been either an annoyed local resident, or maybe the sand and gravel company hired some local scumbags to do their dirty work for them.

It's very sad, whatever the reason.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/bats-get-some-breeding-space-742687.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

W**kers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Good old Ireland, can't beat it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i would hope, but not expect, that the local authority maintain the bridge closure until autumn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I heard that story. W*nkers whoever did it.

I hope they keep it closed until Autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Nothing like a few scumbags to show how tough they are against an animal about the size of a matchbox....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Roen wrote:
    Good old Ireland, can't beat it.
    Good old belief that Ireland is inferior, can't beat it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

are bats an endangered species??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Good old belief that Ireland is inferior, can't beat it.
    And your opinion on the incident?

Advertisement