Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice recreation spots for small children (3) in or around Galway ?

Options
  • 04-07-2007 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Any hint, anyone ?
    Thanks for helping.;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Swimming (Leisureland in Salthill or somewhere like the Kingfisher in Renmore).

Playground (nice one beside the Cathedral, another one by the Huntsman roundabout).

Walks (by the water in Salthill, the Claddagh (with swans to feed) or a bit further afield in Coole Park near Gort).

Beach (Salthill, Silver Strand, etc.)

Enjoy your holiday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 babichou

Thanks !

I already know some of these parts of the town but never went there with the kids (love the cathedral, went just once for a walk in salthill), thank you very much.
    Funny, i remember sitting on a bench 10 years ago next to that place with the swans, the horizon was filled with cranes, it must be a new Hong-Kong there now haha !
    Nice hints, the kiddo will luv feeding the swans...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

There's also the Atlantaquarium in salthill which the little ones love. There's kiddy storytime in the library on Saturday mornings (Augustine St) at about 11ish I think. Actually a visit to the kids library (at the back of the main library) any day/ time is a fgreat time killer on a rainy day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

littlebug wrote:
    Atlantaquarium in salthill

I'll second that! Fantastic for little kids.....be prepared to spend a couple of hours retracing your steps and visiting their favourite fish over and over.....they'll love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

there's a playgound across from the carpark of the Atlantaquarium too

Also one on Cappagh Road beside the sports complex, not really for under 3's although it is generally quieter than the Cathedral one.

there's Monkey Business (indoor play centre) in Knocknacarra, off the Western Distributary road.

Feed the swans in the Claddagh, (bring two loaves, maybe three), kiddies could get frightened..?

Plate painting shop on Eyre street, accross from Hole in the wall pub. (could be gone now, as I haven't been round that neck of Galway for a while)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 babichou

Thanks for the tips everyone !:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

THere is a nice petting farm somewhere on the Dublin road, about 30 minutes out from Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Ah yes I forgot about that one.

www.turoepetfarm.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cailindenscoth

Swimming in LeisureLand salthill, Aquarium in Salthill, coriib Princess boat ride or Turoe Pet Farm

Advertisement