Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band (First Footage)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The fingering for the guitar of WTTJ is pretty, close. Well I mean, you have the same kind of changes and finger movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

As fun as this looks, it would really only be good as a multiplayer game, single player would be somewhat bland sadly.

VR!

I don't see how, it'd just be Guitar Hero ;>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Pff, people I know don't want to play this because it's not "cool" (stupid fuckers). Let's start a Boardsie Rock Band instead.

Giblet wrote:
    I don't see how, it'd just be Guitar Hero ;>

Precicely my point, with the release of GH3 at the same time, if people want a GH game, then they'd just get that instead instead.

However a whole new set of songs :D
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Rockband will have the nice guitar though

Rock_Band_71044.jpg

Wonder how the extra neck buttons will affect the game?

koneko wrote:
    Pff, people I know don't want to play this because it's not "cool" (stupid fuckers). Let's start a Boardsie Rock Band instead.

We did, and I was at the rehearsals :>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was a hater once, but the gameplay does look like it works surpisingly well. It will have more appeal than GH too - especially the microphone.

But the guitar looks so, so very pretty, and that drum set will be tempting, sitting there, eyeing me up in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Did i see one of the guys using a Guitar Hero guitar in that?

Also, beautiful... i just need a console to play it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Yep he was playing the xbox xplorer...god bless USB.

There is a game called frets on fire that does the guitar hero thing for the pc and lets you use the guitar hero xplorer too. Saves you buying a console if you can find the guitar controller cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Looks savage, can't wait.

And for the inevitable Boards "Rock Band" Band, dibs on bass.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looks savage, can't wait.

And for the inevitable Boards "Rock Band" Band, dibs on bass.

I think therell be a few of us looking for guitar ;)

Well ye can sort that out amongst yourselves. I'm the bassist! Don't make me come down there.

Oh and having BOC "Dont Fear The Reaper" is the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I think therell be a few of us looking for guitar ;)

It's mine!!!!

Seriously tho, I hope I'm in the running!! I've 5*'d all of the Hard Tour. Beaten all of Expert most of it 5*'d too.

I want this quite a lot.

Oh, question, will the guitar from GHIII work as an extra instrument in Rock Band and viceversa. I know the GHII X-plorer works with both!

Oh and having BOC "Dont Fear The Reaper" is the win.

I was just thinking that! Also i'd like to see Pearl Jam's "Garden" in a future release just for it's intro alone :D

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, BOC! BOC! wooooo

Also, girl bass players are cooler.

koneko wrote:
    Yeah, BOC! BOC! wooooo

Damn that logic!
    And yes, Don't Fear the Reaper would be every kind of bliss - even the illegal ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

I bags drums :)

DAN GOES BAM BAM!

koneko wrote:
    Yeah, BOC! BOC! wooooo

Looks like we'll have to have a real life bass off! Unless you don't actually play bass and are just an imposter.....

I rest my case

Looks like we'll have to have a real life bass off! Unless you don't actually play bass and are just an imposter.....

I rest my case

Sorry, no room for the bassist as the mini fridge is in the way.
    As a bass player i too feel your pain ;)

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

That looks fecking savage! I forsee many drunk rock nights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

SUCH a shameless rip off of guitar heroes though. I'd say they are pissed off.

Yeah! Harmonix are ripping themselves off working for another publisher :rolleyes:

VR!

Tusky wrote:
    SUCH a shameless rip off of guitar heroes though. I'd say they are pissed off.
    If that was irony, bravo! but if it wasn't you do know this is from the guys who did GHI & GHII?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

More freakin' cowbell Slurms, sheesh. (or whatever you call yourself these days)

Joystiq hands-on (Damn, #2 stole my hilarious comment)

The Who: Won't Get Fooled Again (master)
    Mountain: Mississippi Queen (cover)
    David Bowie: Suffragette City (master)
    Black Sabbath: Paranoid (cover)
    Blue Oyster Cult: Don't Fear the Reaper (master)
    Nirvana: In Bloom (master)
    The Hives: Main Offender (master)
    Weezer: Say It Ain't So (master)

Huzzah to said tracklist! Actually, numerous huzzahs! Reaper! Weezer! Who?! And ironically, more cowbell has been confirmed!
    http://kotaku.com/gaming/how-to-rock-hard/the-rock-band-faq-275265.php

Actually pretty psyched for this now :D
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If that was irony, bravo! but if it wasn't you do know this is from the guys who did GHI & GHII?

Ah right, I had no idea it was by the same guys. Surely this should be Guitar Heroes III though? Is there a need for both ?

Tusky wrote:
    Ah right, I had no idea it was by the same guys. Surely this should be Guitar Heroes III though? Is there a need for both ?
    RedOctane and Harmonix went their different ways I suppose. Neversoft picked up GH and Harmonix are doing RB.
    More freakin' cowbell Slurms, sheesh. (or whatever you call yourself these days)

:eek: You're on to me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

:eek: You're on to me!

You'd better believe it!

You said you'd call, then apparently your phone "died" and now you're changing you name? You said you loved me! :(

Advertisement