Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band (First Footage)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

You'd better believe it!

You said you'd call, then apparently your phone "died" and now you're changing you name? You said you loved me! :(
    It did die...

Ok the truth of it is i've been placed in a Witness Protection Program after what I witnessed while peering through your window. My god that poor little parakeet :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ok the truth of it is i've been placed in a Witness Protection Program after what I witnessed while peering through your window. My god that poor little parakeet :confused:

Slander!

...now, where were we... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Tusky wrote:
    Ah right, I had no idea it was by the same guys. Surely this should be Guitar Heroes III though? Is there a need for both ?

Basically RedOctane were on the verge of going bust and Activision bought them out. So Neversoft will be developing Guitar Hero 3 to be published by Activision (seeing as they bought RedOctane, own the rights to the Guitar Hero name).

Unless there was some reason Harmonix didn't want to work with Activision, although Rocks The 80s will be Harmonix developed, but it's more like the GTA series though, (GTA Vice City isn't GTA 4 etc).

Sooooo as a result of all this Harmonix will be doing Rock Band! Published under MTV Games. :)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Am i the only person who doesn't like the guitar hero/these type of games?

I like music, but pressing buttons to make it sound right.. doesn't do it for me.

Am i the only person who doesn't like the guitar hero/these type of games?

I like music, but pressing buttons to make it sound right.. doesn't do it for me.

Heh my missus hates em if it's any consolation? It's not for everyone but it's actually a good hand-eye co-ordination test too. Although there are some people that could play command and conqueor all day but that bores me to tears.

All about personal taste at the end of the day. :)
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Giblet wrote:
    We did, and I was at the rehearsals :>

Indeed. How did that go for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

That looks like so much fun. Pity i suck at Guitar Hero. Ive finished easy with 5 stars all round but introducing a 4th note on normal has made my brain go fart. Well I suppose theres only one way to Carnegie Hall......... (every one in your best Ted voice) Practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Some new high quality screenshots...

http://www.britishgaming.co.uk/?p=2203

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

in bloom is a brilliant track addition, i always thought it suited the series better than heart shaped box... cant wait now!

Q: What do you get when you combine drink, a big gang of tech journos, Bon Jovi, and Rock Band?

A: This!

LOL.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

OK. I started as a moaner ("three periphirals? Huh? Start a real band!"), moved on to moderately excited ("hmm... the guitar looks good, and the tracklist is OK...") to being very, very enthused about this whole affair. I think the whole downloadable albums news that was announced yesterday knocked my excitement up to 11 - Whos Next! Huzzah!

Yeah Rock Band is almost starting to sound too good to be true!
    I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Yeah, I want Harmonix to succeed - for no good reason really except that I loved Frequency and I've heard good things about them in general. Anyone play Eyetoy Anti-grav? That was by them, too - it was the one game that made me consider getting the Eyetoy peripheral.

I hope people end up buying the better game at the end of the day. I'm concerned they will just go for the GH brand now that it has become established. Rock Band does look to be the more enjoyable experience.

I do wish that Harmonix were able to stay independent - instead of becoming part of the MTV annoyance machine (remember when MTV used to be cool?).

Also: I hope they sort out the feckin strum bar on the guitar peripheral so that I can strum up as well as down without incurring a penalty (losing my multiplier) when the strum bar flicks back down and registers another strum. :mad:

oooh Reptilia by The Strokes is a song in the game. A master track too!

If you have 40 minutes to spare (!), check out this video which is a live demonstration + interviews with the CEO of Harmonix and developers of Rock Band. 4 full songs are played, and you get a nice tour around the product itself.... still looks great! :)

I see Welcome To The Jungle has been excluded from Rock Band in favour for GHIII. Guess Harmonix couldn't get it.

VR!

Advertisement