Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Broadband Users! Try This To Improve Service

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

philstar wrote:
    the irish
    good point! us irish have been takin it in the ass so long now we started to enjoy it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Bard wrote:
    No, 3 offer a fourteen day money back guarantee. Two weeks is more than enough to know if you're not happy with the broadband or if you can't get a signal. You can't get your money back after 90 days.

I agree, 14 days is more then enough to test equipment and test signal strength in the given location, I believe Three are being more then fair offering this.

Curious do Vodafone offer anything similar with their "broadband" offering?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The reason I recommend 3 is BECAUSE of the 14 day deal. If you find yourself on a quiet sector of a quiet mast its a good service. If you are in a busy area it can be awful.

14 days should tell you what the story is ...and thats not to say it cannot go to hell during the other 11.5 months of the contract mind.

I view it as essentially like Ripwave, a cheap dialup substitute with no line rental or limitation on connection time. Reliable BB it generally is not .

Badcharlie, you will most likely have min 100ms pings on ADSL if you just passed under the new dsl pass rules . Your line will be 80-100db atten on the downstream and is probably between 4 and 5 miles long . ADSL is wheezy at those distances.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Cabaal wrote:
    I agree, 14 days is more then enough to test equipment and test signal strength in the given location, I believe Three are being more then fair offering this.

Curious do Vodafone offer anything similar with their "broadband" offering?
    Aye they do. 14 day no quibble money back guarantee.

might give vodafone a 14day test drive as well,its a pity if they still have the caps at 3gig in this day and age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

delllat wrote:
    might give vodafone a 14day test drive as well,its a pity if they still have the caps at 3gig in this day and age

Ye same here. I can't see them leaving it at 3gigs. but then will they change the traffic but only for new customers?

update-vodafone 3g
    Sign up today to get over 50% off the 3G Broadband Modem - Buy for €48.76 until 31st of July 2007.

Monthly Fee Modem price Monthly download limit Out of Bundle Charge
    €33.05 €48.76 5GB €0.10 per MB

Prices are quoted Ex Vat. Excludes roaming. Terms & Conditions
    pity its still 1.4 max speed

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Will 3 sell me just a SIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

watty wrote:
    Will 3 sell me just a SIM?

Good question. The guy i spoke with from 3 said that if i had any more serious issues i could always go and get me sim changed, so working from that logic i can't see why not sell you Another/New sim. Try ringing customer services first & save a trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

My 3bb Download speeds and upload speeds are so bad im not going to show them. But i do get a good ping now when playing WoW so i don't care :).

Also do u like the way it tells you the distance from dublin is 300miles. Class

• Advertisement
Advertisement