Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2008 Honda Accord V6

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭oilsheik

The side kinda reminds me the new Merc c-class.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Darando

looks like an old lexus.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That made me yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Looks like one of those awful Chinese versions of another car.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Looks a bit Hyundai Sonata to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

That would be the American Accord. What we get at the momeny is the American Acura TSX - looks far better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

This man speaks the truth, the Acura is the Euro style Honda.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

whats the story with the obsession with slanted lights the all the manufacturers seem to be having.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Doubt that Europe will get a V6 Accord either as Honda are introducing an all new Legend next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

That looks grand. Honda are supposed to have gotten rid of the Accord V6 for the next generation and replaced it with a diesel. That said, that was for the hybrid, so clearly thing are different for the standard model.

The side is like a BMW with a proper `Hofmeister Kink` in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Coupe version of the same car. Looks alright to me!
    embedded..ee9726b

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The sedan is awful. The coupe does look much better to me too. Like an A5 anyone?

enclosure..ee94b65
    E92 wrote:
    like a BMW with a proper `Hofmeister Kink` in it.

Copycat just like several Lexus cars before this Honda. Do any of them really need the Hofmeister Kink to announce to the world that their ambition is to look like a BMW, let alone drive like one? Or even be priced like one? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If Wikipedia is to be believed, BMW weren't the first ones to use the Hofmeister kink, it just got its name from them! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hofmeister_kink)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there was I thinking the Hofmeister kink was :
    hasselhoff.jpg

Stephen wrote:
    If Wikipedia is to be believed, BMW weren't the first ones to use the Hofmeister kink, it just got its name from them! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hofmeister_kink)

Ah, right. The 1951 Kaiser had it first of course :p

henryj01.jpg

Please take down the picture of that old hairy man, Colm :eek:

LOL. Hoff-tastic!

Hard to believe the same country that give us the ultimate driving machine has such bad taste in music. :D

bazz26 wrote:
    LOL. Hoff-tastic!

Hard to believe the same country that give us the ultimate driving machine has such bad taste in music. :D

The Italians like the Hoff :confused:

prospect wrote:
    The Italians like the Hoff :confused:

LOL, I was thinking more of Munich myself but maybe they like the Hoff also in Turin. :D

unkel wrote:
    The sedan is awful. The coupe does look much better to me too. Like an A5 anyone?
    I agree. Fortunately we won't be getting that one. But traditionally the US Accord sedans have always looked rotten, but usually manages to be the single biggest selling car in the US, or if not, fairly close to it.
    unkel wrote:
    Copycat just like several Lexus cars before this Honda. Do any of them really need the Hofmeister Kink to announce to the world that their ambition is to look like a BMW, let alone drive like one? Or even be priced like one? :eek:
    I don't know how having a Hofmeister Kink is copying BMW. Are BMW copying Honda by having variable valve timing?

And how can a FWD Accord drive like a RWD BMW?

If BMW can charge what they charge, why can't anyone else? Mechanically the Honda is arguably better engineered and built, using better quality materials, so why not charge for that (better than charging for a badge)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

unkel wrote:

Lol, I was thinking it looked like a TT myself. I have to say comparing to the 06 Honda that is a Fugly car you'd see in some future movie or something.

JHMEG wrote:
    Are BMW copying Honda by having variable valve timing?

*coughs*

VVT was developed by FIAT in the 60s. The Japanese didn't use in until decades later ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Something good came from FIAT? :D

layke wrote:

I think you'll find they were also responsible for the common rail diesel.

layke wrote:

You'll be surprised! FIAT also started the diesel revolution with the first common rail diesel engine 10 years ago

Edit: prospect beat me to it :)

unkel wrote:
    *coughs*

VVT was developed by FIAT in the 60s. The Japanese didn't use in until decades later ;)
    And the Japanese had it long before the Germans!

[OT: Honda's system is nothing remotely like FIAT's or other vvt systems that came before it. In fact Valvetronic (2001) is more like VTEC (1989) and VANOS is]

Advertisement