Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hokusai's Great Wave (on your ribs)

Options
  • 04-07-2007 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Been mulling over this for a couple of years... been thinking of getting this work done on my ribcage, but I'm pretty bad at visualising it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of similar examples, or have stories of similar jobs etc? I think it could look awesome if it was done correctly, but man have i seen some cheesey examples of it out there on the web...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

have a look on http://bmezine.com they have loads of stuff like this might give you a good visual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

beans wrote:
    Hi all,

Been mulling over this for a couple of years... been thinking of getting this work done on my ribcage, but I'm pretty bad at visualising it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of similar examples, or have stories of similar jobs etc? I think it could look awesome if it was done correctly, but man have i seen some cheesey examples of it out there on the web...

I've got a friend who's apprenticing at the mo and he designed a really lovely jap style piece for a girl. It had waves and stuff in it. I can point ya his way if you'd like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Tattoosnob

Here's a few pixs of a pretty good example, just make sure you go to a good artist, travel if you have too( out of Ireland) it will be well worth it.
    20.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

17.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I've seen a number of people with that picture tattooed can't think of anyone local but its quite a big one in japanese culture so a lot of people that way have it or something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

That's a wonderful example alright, the looping nature of having it on the leg works really well. That was something that niggled in the back of my mind about my ribs, it would have to start and end sensibly. Getting it to follow the contours of my ribcage, or at least work with them, was something I had in mind too...

Going to get freaky with Google to find more good examples, if anyone else has contacts or pics I'm all ears.

Fantasy_suicide, thanks - if you like you could PM me your contact's details

• Advertisement
Advertisement