Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass running route in cork city?

• 04-07-2007 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

At the moment I'm running on the running/cycling path that goes from Carrigaline to Crosshaven and I really like running there.
    Its Senic and theres no traffic,etc to worry about.
    Im having some trouble with shin splints and am concerned about running so much on a hard surface.
    I was wondering if anyone can suggest any places I could run on grass?
    There are local pitches but im not really interested in doing laps, am looking for more of a route.
    Anywhere around carrigaline, douglas, roachestown would be good.
    Sometimes I run with a friend from ballincollig so if there was somewhere between carrigaline and ballincollig that would be perfect :)
    Wilton, bishopstown?

Any info would be great, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Isn't there an old railway track that's disused out that way? I think it runs from town, out Rochestown follows the coast out. I think a good portion of it is track. Not quite as soft as grass but a dirt track will be softer than concrete. I'll check with himself tonight, he's the local, I'm just a blowin! I know a lot of friends have used it for marathon training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dlane99

Thanks for the reply,
    Will see what I can find out about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

"The Farm", beside the Curraheen Dog track just outside Bishopstown is a great location. It consists of a route around 8 or so sports pitches, seperated into different fields. The longest lap you can do is about 1.6 miles, so laps of some sort will have to be done, but it's better than running around a track or a single pitch :-)

It's quiet popular in the evenings.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dlane99

thanks ebowdia,

someone mentioned that to me allright,
    havent been out there yet,
    ive started to accept the fact that ill have to do some sort of laps whereever i go,
    ive ran in the regional park in ballincollig a couple of times and cos its big the lap part isnt so much of a drag,
    i run in the lee fields sometimes aswell,
    ill probably give a spin out to the farm at some stage.

Thanks for the info guys.

Advertisement