Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotel Query

• 04-07-2007 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, wondering if somebody could help me out here...

Im going away with some friends for the weekend, leaving on Friday. I have the day booked off work on Friday, so I had planned to travel to Dublin (where we will meet) Friday morning and meet them there. But now theyve decided to stay in a hotel Thursday night. Theres four of them, and they are in 2 rooms, each room designed for 2 people.

My question is, are hotels strict in regards to how many people stay in the room? i.e., would I be able to get away with kipping on the floor for the night (thus making it 3 people to a 2 person room). Its not that I dont mind paying the money for my own room, If I have to, I will but just wondering if this would work?

Any info appreciated, cheers.

Arc.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

they are strict sometimes but we managed to get 5 of us in to a 2 bed room in jurys christchurch for a weekend. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

got any pics/movies? :p

where i used to work, they werent very strict at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

^cool, thats reassuring. I should probably mention that its Jurys on Parnell St (I think, if that sounds right). We wouldnt be in and out of the room all night, probably just in the once and out again the next morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

just dont leave or enter all the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭whippet

not to put a spanner in the works .. but depending on what time you arrive back to the hotel on thursday night they might well have some sort of security on the door with a room list and you may be refused entry !!! Check with the hotel .. I thought all the Jurys in dublin could take 3 adults .. a double and a single bed or else 3 singles ... it would only cost a few bob extra and lessens the risk of having to kip on a park bench !! especially with the july weather we are having !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

When three friends arrive at a hotel late night, they see that there is only one room with three beds available. They decide to share this room. They ask the young man at reception the room's rate, he replies: "30 dollars". Each took $10 out of their wallet, paid and went up to their rooms.

After a little while, the receptionist realizes he made a mistake; the room's rate was $25, but he took $30. He calls the bell boy, gives him the $5 dollars, and tells him go up the room and give this money back to three friends. On his way up to the room, the bell boy feels obliged to give equal share from $5 to three friends. When he can't calculate the $5 into three equal shares, he decides to give $1 to each, and decides to give the other $2 to the Red Cross.

Now, each of the three friends paid $9 for the room, 3 x 9 = $27 and the bell boy has the two dollars, it totals to $29.

Where is the one dollar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

biko wrote:

Where is the one dollar?

Used to buy YORE MA for the night...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

biko wrote:
    When three friends arrive at a hotel late night, they see that there is only one room with three beds available. They decide to share this room. They ask the young man at reception the room's rate, he replies: "30 dollars". Each took $10 out of their wallet, paid and went up to their rooms.

After a little while, the receptionist realizes he made a mistake; the room's rate was $25, but he took $30. He calls the bell boy, gives him the $5 dollars, and tells him go up the room and give this money back to three friends. On his way up to the room, the bell boy feels obliged to give equal share from $5 to three friends. When he can't calculate the $5 into three equal shares, he decides to give $1 to each, and decides to give the other $2 to the Red Cross.

Now, each of the three friends paid $9 for the room, 3 x 9 = $27 and the bell boy has the two dollars, it totals to $29.

Where is the one dollar?

The is no other dollar
    $30 - $2(red cross)= $28
    $28 - $3 (3*$1 each) = $25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We have a winner :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

ZOMG! biko...wrong forum :(

you're looking for http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=504

... How could you?! :(

Back on-topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

You'll probably get away with it if you're not taking the piss. If the receptionist gets the idea you're going to start shoving 20 people into the room and keeping people awake, you'll get stopped at some point.

Rule #1 of Hotels: Make it easy for the staff to ignore what you're up to and the staff won't bother you.

Advertisement