Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoulder Tattoo - 2 questions

Options
  • 04-07-2007 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

Just booked a session for my tattoo - back of the shoulder job.
    Ripped skin design with eyes looking out - not the best description but I'm happy with it - original enough

Does 120eur sound fair for a large piece?

Back of the shoulder - how is that on the pain side of things?
    I asked them if they could just tip a blank needle on the area where I'm getting it but they wouldn't do it.

Probably been answered a few hundred times, so sorry in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Read the charter, use the search, etc. etc. Pain is subjective, nobody can possibly tell you how painful it is. However as a general rule areas close to the bone will be more painful than other more fleshy areas, but again how you perceive this pains depends entirely on the individual person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

120 is pretty good pricing,where ya getting it done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bordrlinepsycho

doesnt hurt too bad thats where i got my first tattoo and it was grand couldnt even feel it at some parts...and when i could it was just a littl burning feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

That's quite cheap for a big piece. Remember. You get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My shoulder-blade piece cost me 150, so it doesnt sound too bad, maybe a little on the too-cheap side... ?

Pain wise, as bordrlinepsycho said, when I got mine done there were times that i could hardly feel a thing, and other places where there are slightly more nerve endings that made me grit my teeth a bit, but nothing that I would class as painful really.

As is often said, everyone has different pain thresholds though, so nobody can really tell you how much it will hurt. I though it felt like it would if you were scratched with a pointy bit of plastic, like a shattered plastic ruler, only its continous... if that makes sense at all... lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tor2

Getting my first tattoo the wkend, im getting a celtic cross on my leg does anybody know where the best place in dublin to get this done?

Cheers

Advertisement