Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leather interior?

Options
  • 04-07-2007 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does any body know where I can find a leather interior for a 03 audi a4.my car is silver so i would like a black interior?

Anybody ever changed one before? Do I need a professional to do it or could hubby take on the task?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I think it's a pro job. You should be able find one in a breakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

you can get it done by a pro for about 2k.

It's not a DIY job, unless you want it looking like a DIY job, that is.......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I wouldn't let anyone but a pro mess around with it. Call Val in Cartronics in Santry. (01)8623644

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Be warned!
    With black dashboard and black leather your car will be like an oven in Summer even if it is only 15 degrees out.
    Even with Air Con it takes 10 minutes to quarter of an hour for temperature in cabin to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

And in the winter time unless you have heated seats they are freezing cold and take ages to warm up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

If you buy a full leather interior I don't imagine it would be too hard to fit yourself, they retro fit leather to cars all the time in the uk - check out ebay and online breakers yards.

If you go the self covering route I suggest you get lots of sticky tape and a sense of humor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

....yes, yes, all very well, but judging by the weather this year, you're in danger of neither happening..........:)

OTH, I always presumed leather would be hard to mind, compared to cloth upholstery - I was wrong - it's infinately easier!

So if you're in the habit of carrying Ribena-drinkers - have no worries !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Also remember the A4 has air bags built into the side of the front seats so either get the existing seats professionally redone in leather or if getting second hand ones from a scrap yard make sure the air bags are intact and fitted correctly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

as bazz says, they have airbags in them.., as for switching them for leather ones, its easy and will take no more than an half an hour and an allen key,.
    i think the VW bora uses the same seats as the A4 so that might be worth looking at, the TDI has the nicest seats iirc.,
    also the airbags are wired under the seats and there is a little plug for dissconnecting them, undo that and the 4 allen keys and the seat will come out no probs.,

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shabbyalonso

Hi guys. Cartronics was mentioned earlier in the post - I am considering getting my cloth interior switched to leather - peugeot 406 coupe - would anyone have any idea of the cost involved? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hi guys. Cartronics was mentioned earlier in the post - I am considering getting my cloth interior switched to leather - peugeot 406 coupe - would anyone have any idea of the cost involved? Thanks

Your probably talking upwards of €2k to include the seats, door trim and centre arm rest. The only real way to find out is ring them for a quote.

Most likely cheaper to source a written off 406 coupe that has leather interior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

Fitted Gti seats to my own 206. Its easy, you can do it yourself. 4 allen screws hold them in, undo the plug out it comes in goes the other. Door panels are easy also! Screw on, screw off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Agreed; got a grey Momo leather interior from a breakers off eBay for £100, £120 delivery. DIY job, 4 Allen bolts per front seat, 4 for the rear bench, 4 each door panel & a load of push-studs.
    Once over with some liquid leather & it all looks original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

cjt156 wrote:
    Agreed; got a grey Momo leather interior from a breakers off eBay for £100, £120 delivery. DIY job, 4 Allen bolts per front seat, 4 for the rear bench, 4 each door panel & a load of push-studs.
    Once over with some liquid leather & it all looks original.

yep 156 interiors are easy peasy to switch out, I have done it loads of times

Advertisement