Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL modem and WiFi gear

Options
  • 04-07-2007 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

Do NTL ever supply wifi gear when they install BB? Like a Netgear WiFi Router and USB WiFi adapter?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmoney

they do supply a wireless router for an extra charge but its just as easy to buy one seperately

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Before the UPC debacle they supplied a wireless router on a slightly hit and miss basis and seemed to depend as much on the installer as anything else. It was never mentioned on the website and a sort of official position seemed to evolve that if your pc wasn't in the same room as the modem you would get one (if the installer had any left!).

There certainly have been posts on here recently which would seem to suggest that they are still giving out wireless routers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I was trying to trouble shoot an intermittent WiFi problem for someone and I've narrowed it down to the WiFi Router and WiFi card. I'm just wondering can they return them to NTL (if they got them as part of the deal) or would they have to buy a new one.

I swapped the router for my own as mines the same model (older rev) and mine definately had a better signal, and I could connect to mine no problem in the same location. There one was weak and I couldn't keep a connection. But the Netgear WiFi USB adapter was completely unreliable. I'm going to retest it in another location, but I hate those things, they never work properly in my experience.

Advertisement