Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Enigma that is househunting (well for tenants)

Options
  • 04-07-2007 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭

I am writing this in utter frustration after spending an hour waiting outside a house, for an auctioneer to show me the house with a view to renting. Needless to say she didnt show up. I've been househunting for 4 weeks with 2 female friends of mine. What we are looking for shouldn't be hard to find - a 3 bed house with parking on the south side of Kilkenny. We have viewed numerous houses over the past month and 2 landlords never got back to us as to whether we got the house or not, 3 other houses were given to eastern european guys, another house the landlord told us she decided to sell the house which I later found out was untrue and there are 5 Latvians in it, another landlord gave the house to people who offered him an extra €400 a month. Now tonight I was left sitting outside a house for an hour with the auctioneer standing me up.

Can anyone shed some light on what I am doing wrong? Why is it that 3 professional girls in their 20s cannot get a house? What is the criteria landlords use in chosing tenants? We cannot compete if we do not know what the landlord is looking for. I am at my wits end here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi

What happened in the end? My brother went to work in Newbridge for a while. He stayed in a house with people from Latvia and Estonia, very big Eastern European presence in the area. Suffice to say he didn't like it. Wonder why they chose to give the house to them instead of you. From what I know they can get 5-6 people renting in a house which is a substantial more in rent return then say 3 people genuinely looking to rent, which is the norm for 3 bedroom house.

Advertisement