Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

delicate question for the ladies!

• 04-07-2007 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for some advice here….I have a small problem with waxing my bikini line.
    When I shave my legs there is no problem at all - my skin is not sensitive. I am finding though, when I wax my bikini line I break out in pimples - only in the area that has been waxed. It always happens about three days after I have used the wax (I try to wax every four days but sometimes I cant due to the spots). I have tried different brands & types of waxes but this happens with all of them - even the waxing creams.
    Is there any creams or lotions that can sooth the irritation? Any advice??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not really a PI as such - moved to Fashion and Appearance

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

The red bumps are from ingrown hairs. When you wax - the hair can get caught under the skin when its regrowing and then the bump appears as the hair is infecting the follicule.

First of all put savlon on them and this will reduce the infection and reduce the size of the red bump
    Second you will have to get the hair out by squeezing out the hair out of it
    Third, when the bumps have gone you need to exfoliate every day to remove the dead skin to stop the hairs getting caught
    Fourthy you will need to keep an eye on the hairs during regrowth and squuese the hair out if you think it could become ingrown
    Fifthly maybe you could consider using a product that is specically designed to prevent and heal ingrown hair such as No bump RX (you have order it online but it works for me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I'm male but I have a live-in girlfriend of some years so allow me to comment.

Why wax or shave at all? Just use Immac, no pain, no spots, and an end result so smooth you could.. um.. Well, anyway, it seems to achieve the end result you're looking for without any of the side-effects.

rediguana wrote:
    I'm male but I have a live-in girlfriend of some years so allow me to comment.

Why wax or shave at all? Just use Immac, no pain, no spots, and an end result so smooth you could.. um.. Well, anyway, it seems to achieve the end result you're looking for without any of the side-effects.

Well I'm not sure about the OP but in my case its mainly because its doesn't last as long!

• Advertisement

boffin wrote:
    Well I'm not sure about the OP but in my case its mainly because its doesn't last as long!

It doesn't last as long but the difference is minimal. With Immac, you're silky smooth for a few days and you get a few days' grace then so you can drag it out for a week.

Shave or wax and you're still looking at some growth in a handful of days.

Is it worth it, ladies? That extra day or two you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

boffin wrote:

But she says she's currently waxing every four days. If she can do that for waxing, then she can do it with Imaac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

I agree, i use Immac all the time instead of waxing. To wax your bikini line is not worth the pain, hassle and quick re-growth with red bumps.

Try the Veet rasera, its brilliant for bikini line area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I use a spray on my bikini line after waxing called Nad's Ingrow Solution. Stings like hell when you first put it on as there's alcohol in it and you have to try not to breath it in directly after spraying (bit harsh on the nose!) but it works well for me. Doesn't completely stop me getting bumps but has certainly minimised them and drastically reduced the redness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I don't find Immac that great and I heard before from a beautician that it actually makes the hairs tougher as opposed to waxing which makes the hairs weaker and so less growth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I used the veet rasera on my thighs, nowhere near the bikini line but I found the further up my thighs is got the more it stung, I was left with a horrible rash for a few days*

*though my legs were silky smooth for about a week and even though it's a month later they haven't regrown fully yet!

Piste wrote:

*though my legs were silky smooth for about a week and even though it's a month later they haven't regrown fully yet!

A month? Without photos to back it up, it sounds like a shaggy dog story ;)

eve wrote:
    But she says she's currently waxing every four days. If she can do that for waxing, then she can do it with Imaac

I just noticed that time span! Four days is really short for waxing - is there any chance OP that you are breaking the hairs rather than waxing them from the root - even someone who has really fast regrowth should get 1.5 to 2 weeks out of a wax before needing to do it again and even then there should only be a small amount of regrowth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

every 4 days waxing the bikini line!!! OMG! That's really quick. And how can your hair be that grown already. Usually you need to allow it to grow for about 2-3mm before the wax grabbs the hair.

I used to wax my bikini line, but because it meant only one week of pure skin, and 2 of regrowth where you cannot do anything again because it is still too short, I stopped waxing.

I got the pimples as well when I did it with hot wax. I switched to cold wax stripes and that was grand then.

But because of the running-around-with-hair-for-2-weeks issue, I stopped waxing. I use the Rasera bladeless shaving. I am very careful not to exceed the adviced time!!!! As this will irritate your delicate skin. I do it once a week. If something special is planned, twice a week. Regrowth is soft. It only takes 3 minutes. So I put it on before I brush my teeth in the morning. Then I remove it and have a shower. Then some moisturiser there and all is perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Cereal Killer

Could I recommend laser hair removal. Hair is gone forever. Job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Depending on hair type ommac/veet just does not work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Could I recommend laser hair removal. Hair is gone forever. Job done.

A friend of mine got it done and it looks fabulous. But it's expensive too......I'm poor :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

How long did it take?

Will you stay hairy between treatment's.

Would like to get it done on my bikini line and upper lip.

G&T wrote:
    How long did it take?

Will you stay hairy between treatment's.

Would like to get it done on my bikini line and upper lip.

Yeah I would love to get it done to but because my hair is blonde it doesn't work :(
    Actually they did a piece on off the rails this week on it. The beautican seems to shave the area first so I'm guessing you can in between treatment. 4-6 sessions I think appears to be the normal because your hair grows in three cycles so you would need at least 3/4 to get all the hairs. I've heard 6 is more common tho. The main thing is that if you get it done, you cannot tan for 6 months i.e. go on a sun holiday.

These are the prices per session but I know you can get discounts if you buy a good few sessions together

LASER HAIR REMOVAL
    Single treatment
    Consultation Free
    Test Patch €35
    Women Men

Eyebrows (in between only) €60
    Eyebrows (in between only) €60
    Upper lip €105
    Beard €395
    Chin €110
    Sideburns €250
    Chin and upper neck €175
    Neck €195
    Cheeks €150
    Jaw line €175
    Full face (female) €395

Body
    Chest €395
    Body
    Abdomen €190
    Arms full €330
    Chest and abdomen €550
    Arms half €220
    Full back €495
    Arms three quarter €275
    Back and shoulders €695
    Under arms €180
    Shoulders €195
    Areola €110
    Full body €1500
    Abdomen €190
    Bikini line €180
    Bikini line extended €220
    Brazilian bikini line €300
    Half legs €395
    Full legs €595
    Full body €1500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

rediguana wrote:
    A month? Without photos to back it up, it sounds like a shaggy dog story ;)

I said FULLY regrown :p And more like "smooth, hairless dog story"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Every 4 days for waxing is WAY TOO OFTEN! :eek:

No wonder your skin is pissed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

missmatty wrote:
    Every 4 days for waxing is WAY TOO OFTEN! :eek:

No wonder your skin is pissed off.

I concur

Advertisement