Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How low could I go?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

OK I'm back people :)
    I was looking back at Hardwareversand and came up with this, I think its alot more for not much more last time, were their cutback an everything as well as Intel?
    Chieftec CH-01SL-SL-B-400 400W Chieftec "Mesh-Serie"
    Delivery date unknown 88,86 €

NEC AD-7173A LabelFlash schwarz DVD+-RW/+-R- Laufwerk IDE
    ready for dispatch 33,34 €

Club3D 8800GTS, 320MB, NVIDIA Geforce 8800GTS, PCI-Express
    ready for dispatch 247,89 €

Samsung HD501LJ 500GB 7200,16 MB Cache
    ready for dispatch 90,62 €

Gigabyte GA-945P-DS3 Rev 3.3, Intel 945P, ATX, PCI-Ex
    ready for dispatch 67,33 €

2048MB DDR2 Corsair TwinX CL 4, PC6400/800
    ready for dispatch 92,77 €

BenQ FP222WH wide, 22", HDMI, DVI
    ready for dispatch (only 1 article) 280,84 €

Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
    ready for dispatch 64,28 €

Logitech MX518 Gaming-Grade Optical Mouse USB / PS2
    Delivery date unknown 35,62 €

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 boxed, 8192Kb, LGA775, 64bit, Kentsfield
    ready for dispatch 238,10 €
    Sum: 1.363,61 €

I am wondering if the stock PSU will do? And is the case any good (cooling and sound) Anything else I should add/remove as I plan to do a bit of OC'ing. I should probably add some fans and a cpu cooler for that then. Also, will the 8800GTS power the 22" lcd though games at a fairly decent FPS? ( I will upgrading from a 5200FX redface.gif)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

dabs.ie will do an antec p182 for €123 http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4JV3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Flunked wrote:
    Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
    ready for dispatch 64,28 €

DO NOT GET YOUR KEYBOARD FROM HWV... unless you like all your symbols messed up and german letters all over your keyboard. Seriously I made this mistake thinking "sure I never look at my keyboard when typing" which is true for letters, but its headwrecking for symbols "ok so the * is actually ( and the + is actually ~..."

Also do you really need a labelflash DVD-RW??? who even uses that??? Other than that everything else looks fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

L31mr0d wrote:
    DO NOT GET YOUR KEYBOARD FROM HWV... unless you like all your symbols messed up and german letters all over your keyboard. Seriously I made this mistake thinking "sure I never look at my keyboard when typing" which is true for letters, but its headwrecking for symbols "ok so the * is actually ( and the + is actually ~..."

Also do you really need a labelflash DVD-RW??? who even uses that??? Other than that everything else looks fine.

Re-map your keyboard layout then noob :p

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Surely he should get the 8800GTX?? It will last much longer seeing as very soon very demanding DX10 games will be coming out. Not many people will be playing them much higher than 1280x1024 I can imagine, even with an GTX... I myself regret getting the GTS. I have only a 19'' monitor and even at 12x10 I can't say I experience over the top framerates... Very good, but it doesnt show much headroom for upcoming, more advanced games...

Then again I know nothin as you all know. I just have a feeling about this:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

dabs.ie will do an antec p182 for €123 http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4JV3

Yeah I would go for that case had been looking at them and want one but
    a) I'v heard alot of horror stories about buying from dabs.ie
    b) It doesn't come with a power supply so that could make it to over €200 wiht the case and PSU.
    L31mr0d wrote:

Yeah I noticed that after I posted this, I had been told before but it completely went out of my head, Do you (or everyone else) think it would be worth waiting for the new G15 to come out?
    I dont need labelflash but I would like it :)
    Hendrix89 wrote:
    Surely he should get the 8800GTX?? It will last much longer seeing as very soon very demanding DX10 games will be coming out. Not many people will be playing them much higher than 1280x1024 I can imagine, even with an GTX... I myself regret getting the GTS. I have only a 19'' monitor and even at 12x10 I can't say I experience over the top framerates... Very good, but it doesnt show much headroom for upcoming, more advanced games...
    Yeah I was thinking that, but if I would have to get a GTX I would have to go back to the 19" widescreen becuase of the price, and then having the GTX wont really be needed and a bit of a waste.

Thanks everyon, I hope I can get this in time for Gamecon XII but I doubt it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

awhir wrote:
    well i think the Vat in germany is only 7% so thats why allout of german sites are cheaper .

Eh? German VAT was 16% until the end of last year and is now 19%. UK is 17.5%, but the carriage costs are silly. UK prices aren't too bad if you're within the UK.

I think it's cheap to do a German order from Ireland because the low carriage costs.

7% Lower German VAT rate is on food and agricutural stuff.

Advertisement