Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomo-Dachi 2007 (Summer Anime Con)

Options
  • 04-07-2007 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Tomo-dachi_con.jpg

Following the success of 2006’s Tomo-Dachi event and the announcement of Tomo-Dachi 2007, Ireland’s premier anime convention opens the New Year with special announcements and the opening of pre-registrations for the convention!

Guest of Honour:

2006 saw Tiffany Grant and Matt Greenfield’s first ever visit to the United Kingdom and in 2007 Too-Dachi is offering another first. We are excited to announce ADR director, scriptwriter and voice actor Mike McFarland as our guest of honour for Tomo-Dachi 2007.

Mike has worked as ADR director on series’ including FullMetal Alchemist, Trinity Blood and DragonBall for FUNimation Entertainment, as well as lending his voice to characters in DragonBall Z (Master Roshi), Fruits Basket (Ritsu Sohma), FullMetal Alchemist (Jean Havoc) and countless others. Mike also worked in a fairly unique role as the Music Director on BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad.

Change of Dates:
    Circumstances outside our control mean that the convention has had to be rescheduled from the original dates. Tomo-Dachi 2007 will now be taking place on Friday 24th through to Sunday 26th of August 2007, at the University of Ulster’s Magee Campus in Londonderry.

Exclusive Anime and Video Games Products!
    At Tomo-Dachi you will find products on sale from our vendors that you cannot get anywhere else in Ireland. Not in any Import Store or any other Irish event!

Booking System / Forums
    You can now book your place for Tomo-Dachi 2007! Convention memberships are limited to 250 places, so book early to avoid disappointment. Book online at http://www.tomo-dachi.com now. Full en-suite accommodation is available on-campus for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

The costs of the convention are as follows:

2 day entry - £25
    3 day entry - £30

En-suite Accommodation - £25 per night

About Tomo-Dachi and DAMA:
    DAMA was founded in 2004 to bring anime and Manga to the North-West of Northern Ireland, but has managed to appeal much further in its three-year lifespan. 2005 marked the first Tomo-Dachi convention, which surpassed all expectations for both the staff and attendees. TD06 was the largest anime event in Ireland's history, with three days of events and guests from the US and UK in attendance. TD07 promises to be even bigger. More information is available at http://www.tomo-dachi.com

Tomo-Dachi is run by the Non-Profit Trust ‘Wakaratai’, dedicated to expanding understanding of Asian culture in Northern Ireland.

FAQ's

Where is the con?
    The University of Ulster, Magee Campus, Londonderry, Northern Ireland

When is the con?
    August 24th - August 26th

How much is the con?
    £30 For full 3 day weekend passes

When do bookings open?
    They are already open!

How many places are there?

What dealers will be there?
    Tokyotoys, ADV, Waterstones, Sweatdrop, Sendit.com have all confirmed their interest in attending again and several others.

Is this is new con?
    Relatively, we first ran in 2005 with a one day event and then in 2006 with our three day convention and back again this year!

How many people came last year?
    Over 200

How secure is the con?
    The University is booked and everything is set.

Is there accommodation?
    Yes we offer fully on-suite accommodation for the con [FRI, SAT & SUN nights] built less than 4 years ago. Fully equipped with toilet, shower and even free tea and coffee

How much is it and how close?
    Accommodation is £25 per night. About 10 minutes walk from the convention.

Is there Cosplay?
    Of course there is Cosplay; Tomo-Dachi runs multiple Cosplay events both the traditional and some of our own.

What guests will you have?
    Se above for moore information and stay tuned for a press release with more information on new guests.

I like gaming, will there be any?
    We have our own games room at Tomo with over half a dozen games systems running, multiple on large screen. We also cater for card and roleplaying and even have our warhammer games. The games room runs all night on Saturday.

Screenings? Fansubs?
    There will be screenings all weekend at Tomo, one screening room and a premiere room for the big films. Screenings will run all night on Saturday. We do not show fan subs as we have been asked not to by the UK Anime companies, we do however show a mixture of Dubs and Subs.

Can I submit stuff for the con book?
    Sure you can, just send it off to iamevilness [@] gmail.com. Fan art, articles and other fun things are all welcome.

Can I Gopher?
    Heck yes! See http://saltedanime.xytex.net/tdforum/index.php?topic=53.0 for our amazing gopher package deals!

Is there an age restriction?
    What age do I have to be to get in? Unfortunately because of legal restrictions only those 14 year or over can be admitted to the convention. And those of the ages of 14 and 15 must be accompanied by an adult.

I can’t wait!
    Well feel free to head over to our forums! The cons already started there!

What if I have another question?
    Feel free to mail me here – iamdani [@] gmail.com

What was it like last year?
    Take at a look with last year's Gallery:
    http://saltedanime.xytex.net/tdgallery

normal_7a4eedbb.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ha... I never saw the photos....

normal_6f07090e.jpg

I won far too many times in that raffle... it was pretty embarrassing.

It was good fun last year... a bit too much dubbed anime for my liking though... But I'll definitely be heading up again this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 apple_danish

Hi guys, is there anywhere I can get more info on this? Websites etc?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Hi guys, is there anywhere I can get more info on this? Websites etc?

Thanks in advance.
    The website is listed right there in the opening post:

http://www.tomo-dachi.com/

Good fun... although a pain in the ass getting up there... I must look into the price of flights.

Advertisement