Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coin Pouches

• 04-07-2007 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭

I'm putting together a collection of a single value coin, one for each year since they were first minted (mid 80's) .....

I've purchased all coins so far in individual clear plastic pouches(coin envelopes ..... looks like heavy polythene to me) which are sealed at the Mint ......

Some of the years I'm missing are available in plastic circular coin capsules and my guess is that this capsule is fitted well after the coin leaves the Mint ....

I don't really want to have both styles of protection so I'm just wondering if going with the sealed pouches is the right decision ? .... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Did you buy the ones in the plastic pouches from the Mint directly? Just curious.

I can't tell you which is better, but I can tell you that the plastic cases are considered the norm for collector coins because they are (usually) airtight.

Advertisement