Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue Piercing...! Help...!

Options
  • 04-07-2007 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

I want to get my tonuge pierced, but having spoken to people that have had it done, they say that it sometimes takes a week for you to get back to speaking normally! I'm a teacher, so if I got it done on the friday evening, would there be any chance at allll that I'l be back speaking normally for the Monday?? :D

Also, does anybody recommend anywhere good to get it done in Dublin?

Cheers for the help.... Grace ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

You may have a bit of a lisp but that should be about the worst of it. I got mine done in Metal Morphosis in Temple Bar and found them very good. I was a little worried because it was my first piercing other than my ears but they put me totally at ease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

its different for everyone but usually you will just have a lisp for a short period of time,metal morphisis in temple bar is great,I would also suggest celestial ring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Ah you'll be grand, love!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

By the Monday I'd say the worst would be over with, maybe a bit of swelling causing you to lisp or spit on people as you talk but other than that you'll be grand, so go for it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SplashBack

You should be fine, the swelling on mine was mostly gone after 2 days just had a lisp for 3-4 days after i got it done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

yeah you should be grand come monday!smart idea doing it on the friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

took me a week for my tongue to swell down, depends on the person.
    why not just wait a few more days?? until the kids are all on holiday then poke away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

After I got mine done, I had no lisp at all! My friend gave me advice before I went in - when it's done, don't think ah **** there's something weird in my mouth, so I can't talk properly! Try speakin' normaly! It worked for me!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I'm getting mine done tomorrow- here's hoping I won't be lisping on Thursday because my manager will murder me...! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Girrrrseach

Gauge - Let me know how you get on!!! :D

Im going to Bodyshock in TBar.

Ive concocted a tale for getting out of work Monday, but I HAVE to be in Tuesday... M'eh. My students will look at me strangely... but itl be worth it. Does anybody know whether there's any harm in smoking after you get it done either? The not kissing, not eating spicy foods and not drinking will be bad enough...! lol.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

try not smoke for at least 24hours or as long as possible, give yourself the best chance of healing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Cipriana

I'm thinking of getting it done, but I'm afraid it will be really annoying when I'm trying to eat etc. and of being too conscious of it, but I suppose you get used to it? How much are you paying for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I'm going to hijack your thread briefly and ask if anyone has a 10g piercing in their tongue. I'd like a slightly larger gauge but don't know if I should start off with it or stretch up later...

Lads and ladies... Got it done! Friday afternoon - Bodyshock. Not painful at all.... but I still can't talk properly and to hell if I can eat solids!! I keep biting the Goddamn thing!!! :)

Well worth it, but Jesus, Im starving..... When will eating be normal again??!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

gratz thinking about getting this done when i go back to college.............the swelling thing always freaked me out a bit but iv got my nipple piered so im guessing it wont be sorer than that which was grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

Lads and ladies... Got it done! Friday afternoon - Bodyshock. Not painful at all.... but I still can't talk properly and to hell if I can eat solids!! I keep biting the Goddamn thing!!! :)

Well worth it, but Jesus, Im starving..... When will eating be normal again??!

it depends really.
    i refused to eat for a week (but im a wuss lol. and the first thing i ate after my "fast" were pancakes with rashers and maple syrup :))

Hmmmm.... Im on Day 4 of my piercing now.... Im eating weetabix and hot milk, yoghurts, smoothies, juice, soup and *drum roll* MR FREEZES, I swearing by them now!!!

I still have a lisp and it hurts to talk for more than 5 mins at a time...

Will go back in 3 weeks for the shorter bar... hopefully, this will only get better with time.. and it IS so worth it.. Im just extremely impatient and am trying to eat as normal. Had a baguette the other day, and bit right on the top ball... Never again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Skip the dairy products for the first couple of weeks healing as they coat the bar and slow down the healing process

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Had a baguette the other day, and bit right on the top ball... Never again!!

OH!OH!OH!OH! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

*winces*

oh god, i can almost feel that... argh.,....

*twitchy*

Narco - Yep, my thoughts exactly!!!!

lol

Im back to work and teaching tomorrow.... Itl be HILARIOUS... "Ummm... Miss, why can't you talk??"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

had to get an abscess removed...

go into gory detail if you must. check out the (uncensored) video for green day's geek stink breath for ideas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SplashBack

Hmmmm.... Im on Day 4 of my piercing now.... Im eating weetabix and hot milk, yoghurts, smoothies, juice, soup and *drum roll* MR FREEZES, I swearing by them now!!!

I still have a lisp and it hurts to talk for more than 5 mins at a time...

Will go back in 3 weeks for the shorter bar... hopefully, this will only get better with time.. and it IS so worth it.. Im just extremely impatient and am trying to eat as normal. Had a baguette the other day, and bit right on the top ball... Never again!!

I'd go easy on the dairy for a bit.

I ate a Quarter Pounder the day I got it done and ate solids the whole way through, the toughest was noodles, they kept wrapping around the bar and the steak was tough to chew without biting for a bit but it was no big deal really

Advertisement