Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Two cd's stuck in car stereo!

Options
  • 04-07-2007 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Hey
    I suppose this is the best place for this.
    Anyway, driving to work the other morning and my friend asks can he put on a cd. I said fire away and then realised I didn't see him taking one out.
    He had managed to slide the cd in fairly easy despite there already being one in there.
    Now there's two cd's in there and I've tried using tweezer, knives etc but they won't budge.
    This ever happen to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Take the CD unit out of the dash, there will be holes in the cage that you can poke through to get the disc out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Might just try that, thanks.
    Hopefully I'll be able to get the thing back in ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

getting the stereo back in is no bother, getting it out is the tricky bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,278 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Maybe try gripping the two discs (if you can see them), or even the top one, then press eject and apply a gentle pull with the tweezers? Presume you will need a long tweezers for this.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Once you have the stereo out remove the top cover - usually by removing a couple of screws and some tabs. From there it will be easy to remove both CDs. Just don't force anything - tease them out gently.

BTW, what brand of stereo is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

It's a sony stereo, good few years old i reckon. I had a grip on the top cd but just couldn't get it out. I'll have another shot at it tomorrow!

Advertisement