Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points for psychology going to drop this year ???

Options
  • 04-07-2007 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Does anyone here think the psychology course’s points may drop ??? In UCD for this year ??
    2004 530 points
    2005 495 points
    2006 500 points

And for maynooth
    2004 510 points
    2005 510 points
    2006 500 points

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Probably fairly stable. Any drop would be very small

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Yeah... although I wish they'd drop I don't see it happening! Might even go up since the number of people applying to arts this year is up if I remember correctly...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Well Arts/Social Science is slightly down on last year, which would be the category Psychology is in, most likely. I can't see Maynooth dropping. I'd say it'll stay at 500. It's in high demand, and it's a fight to get into 2nd year, top 30 exam results get into 2nd year..

Trinity out of the question? It's 545 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Numbers are around the same this year for Social Science (although this field is very vague) but I think that UL are introducing a new Psychology course meaning that there will be more psychology places available which will perhaps have the effect of lowering points slightly in universitys that Limerick students would have traditionally travelled to.

Without any specific figures I can't really speculate further as to the points situation UCD and Maynooth but the HEI's have the advantage here as they know how many people have applied for each particular course and they know from experience of the general standard of candidates/applicants and can alter the number of places available in order to keep point levels stable from year to year.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Well Arts/Social Science is slightly down on last year, which would be the category Psychology is in, most likely. I can't see Maynooth dropping. I'd say it'll stay at 500. It's in high demand, and it's a fight to get into 2nd year, top 30 exam results get into 2nd year..

Trinity out of the question? It's 545 I think.

No if you get into Psychology in Maynooth with that specific course you're garaunteed your place next year if you pass.

It's the students who get accepted to Arts and then choose to do psychology within Arts who have to battle for places :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

A fight to the death !!??

Advertisement