Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving away clothes for Charity

Options
  • 04-07-2007 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of anywhere in the Balbriggan area that will take old clothes?

I have 3 black bags full in the house and I don't want to throw them away. Some of the charity bags that come through the door these days look well dodgy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

The recycling place in the industrial estate (the name of which escapes me!) takes them, and I am almost sure there is a clothes bank in SuperValu carpark beside the bottle banks. Wouldn't give those "charity" collections a pair of dirty jocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Fingal Mid West recycling in the Industrial Estate do accecpt clothes, i know the managing director and a couple of guys who work there, just rang them to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Quick edit, The building still bears the name fingal recycling not fmw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭dubmick

Thanks Maypop and Fyr.Fytr, I'm dropping the clothes down to the recycling centre tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Benjy

There's also a large receptacle for old / unwanted clothes in the car park of the Huntsman pub in Gormanston.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭dubmick

and there is one in Super Valu's carpark. I just spotted it on Saturday.

Advertisement