Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Me poor auld sick cat!

Options
  • 04-07-2007 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone has enountered this before with their cat:

He's about 12 years old, neutered/spayed (I don't know which one applies to male cats!) and he has these weeping sores coming on him. They're nasty painful things that seem to be slowly getting worse. He's covered in little scabs and the like too.

Could this just be old age and a weaker immune system or something that can be cured? He seems to be ignoring them mostly but I really want those things off him.

The nearest vet is ages away, and he'e such an old cat I'm not too keen on dragging him there where he's most likely panic(to put it mildly).

Any help/advice is apreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

Hmmm, I'm not a vet and even if I'd be one I (and others) couldn't do a diagnosis without seeing the cat.

It could be insect bites, it could be ringworm, it could be an allergy, it could be feline acne. It sounds like a serious infection, though. I'm afraid you have to go to the vet with him. Sometimes antibiotics are nessessary. It's certainly worth the upset of travelling instead of experimenting with cures or letting him suffer.

Good luck to you and the ould fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Twelve is no age for a cat, they may live to twice that age.

So, don't write him off yet ...off to the vet with ya !

Advertisement