Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know a good company for doors?

Options
  • 04-07-2007 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Looking to replace my internal doors to the sitting room, kitchen etc and some skirting boards too......possibly banisters too......a lot of people out here but I want a neat professional job - can anybody recommend anybody for this please ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bumped over from Bargain Alerts, think it is better off here.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I got nice clear pine ones in the Dublin Door Store off long mile road, turn left at Merlin Motor City about 1/2 a mlie down on the left hand side.
    We found it by accident after running out of Costello Doors (shudder)
    Also got some wide architraves there but for most rooms used MDF ones from B&Q, dont have to worry about knots etc shoeing thorough and always a perfect finish.
    Skirting we got from Doors & Floors, 120mm knotty pine I seem to remember.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

genfoley wrote:
    Looking to replace my internal doors to the sitting room, kitchen etc and some skirting boards too......possibly banisters too......a lot of people out here but I want a neat professional job - can anybody recommend anybody for this please ?

Depends on where you are based.

I got 9 oak doors, architrive and skirtings from PS Supplies outside Navan. Doors are good quality, constructed frames and solid oak panels. Architrive and Skirtings are MDF based but look good
    I got solid oak skirting for sitting room only and solid oak doorframes throughout from a joinery, cost an aram and a leg compared to the rest. However, you can get MDF based frames in certain sizes.

Delighted with the overall finish.

If you are in North Dublin let me know and I'll PM you details of the chippy that did mine. Very neat job and he cleaned up and vacuumed each evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭tipperary

Recently came across a website called doorkits.ie. They do prehung doors including architraves and handles. The red deal doors are also prelacquered so some of the donkeywork saved.

Advertisement