Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teeth Cleaing = Torture

• 04-07-2007 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

I've started going to a hygenist for regular cleaning after a prolonged absence from the dentist. I go about every 4 months and I've just gone for my 4th visit.

Everytime I go the pain involved gets worse - the pain it causes my gums is excrutiating at almost every pass - not entirely unlike torture. The hygenist says its because my gums are swollen and sensitive and that I must be avoiding them when brushing.

Could it also be the case that I might be able to find a hygenist with a gentler touch? Or is this just wishful thinking?

I'm in the Dublin area

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Could be worth a shot trying someone else.

I didnt go to the dentist for years. I finally copped on and starting going again. Ive been to the hygenist twice so far this year and it never hurts and yet she gives them some scrapping.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

After my last cleaning I noticed the gum above one of my front teeth had noticeably receded... It hasn't really gotten any worse since, but I'm now afraid to go back again because the same thing happened to an aunt of mine years ago and she ended up loosing some teeth because of gum recession.. I know I should just say it to the dentist but I have a feeling she'll just tell me I'm imagining it..

Advertisement