Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Samsung LCD

• 04-07-2007 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

I'm buying a LCD tv for a new living room (converted garage).

I'm swaying towards a 32, but given the size of the room I wonder would a 26 be more suitable ? ( room is 15x8 ft )

I'm also swaying towards Samsung. Any opinions on any of the following ?

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=336585 €789

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=334528 €899 ( this one is showing up on pixmania in the best deals section, but the link won't work )

In soundstore they have a LE32R82BX for €949.

So what do you think - is it worth paying extra to have the peace of mind of being able to take the tv back to the shop incase of any problems ?

Any ideas on key differences between the models ? They all have the same design from what I can see.

On the list of connections, everything is listed except a coax input - I presume these are on all tvs ? I'm just going to be using a standard signal taken from a sky+ box.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The R88 is the newer model and between the two if you can afford it the one to go for. The R82/83 series is a slightly older but still quite recent line in the generations of the various Samsung TV's so you cant go wrong with either if you prefer buying from the shop.

All of the TV's have the standard ariel input for the analogue tuners over the air broadcasts. I assume your Sky box has scart output which would be more appropriate to use with it otherwise picture quality would suffer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I recently bought a LE32R82B from powercity for €830. You can get it for just under €800 if you order online and pick up at the shop. Would obviously be alot handier if you ever need to send the tv back.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kevodaly

Thanks a lot for the replies. I am using the sky box that is in an upstairs bedroom - going to run a coax cable from there thru the attic to the room downstairs. Would it be possible to run scart that far ,or S-video for that matter ? Will there be a huge difference in picture quality ?

I was in the shop again today looking and they were using a coax cable coming from a sky box and I thought the picture was ok.

I'll check that deal in powercity ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Monty_123

kevodaly wrote:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=334528 €899 ( this one is showing up on pixmania in the best deals section, but the link won't work )

I've being looking at that TV for a week, it's only 734, was 721 at the start of the week. I can't access it either. Does that price seem right to people??? I think I'll ring them up and if the price is right, buy it.

Advertisement