Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking to get a book to explain dreams

Options
  • 04-07-2007 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hey guys,

I am looking to get a book to explain dreams. Any one got any ideas or good recommendations of books that can explain these. Looking at one or 2 on the net but there seems to be so many that i don't know which one to get. Just looking for a book that can give a descent interpretation on dreams and their meanings.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I seriously doubt there is any simple method for interpreting dreams. Anything that'll tell you "If you see a horse in a dream it means XYZ" is talking crap. Everything has a different meaning to everybody. The only way to interpret dreams is with an understanding of how people think.

So I suppose the best dream interpretation book would be some good old social interaction and maybe Psychology 101...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭girloperfection

Zillah wrote:
    I seriously doubt there is any simple method for interpreting dreams. Anything that'll tell you "If you see a horse in a dream it means XYZ" is talking crap. Everything has a different meaning to everybody. The only way to interpret dreams is with an understanding of how people think.

I agree, was looking through a book called 1001 Dreams, some of the things that this book said were ridiculous and didnt have anything to do with any dreams I have had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Xian68

I'm not too sure if there are any good dream books. Although, they do have some common meanings and interpretations. The reader must also look at who they are and how they think and thier own interpetations.

I once read a dream book and analized my roommates decor using the symbols and meanings from this inexpensive dream book(she was quite suprised at how accurate my interpetations according to the book).

It is my belief that you do need to grasp a basic understanding of the working of your own mind.

what type of book on dreams intrest you? Do you want to uderstand your dreams(there are many beliefs as to why people dream-What are they telling us?).

What are dreams? and when do they become reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I might get some stick for saying it, but Freud's interpretation of dreams is worth a look, if only to rule out his particular type of interpretation. I found it quite interesting and straightforward, and it has definitely helped me understand my dreams better.

Advertisement