Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What NOT to Buy For New Babies!

Options
  • 04-07-2007 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

I know people mean well but if one more person gives us a photo frame I'll be able to open my own shop! For feck's sake if your friend or acquaintance has a baby cross this item off the gift list.....:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 silhouette

Look at it this way: all the frames you got are possibly the unwanted gifts being passed on by other people. Think of it as recycling and saving money and pass them on to the next people who have babies. Eventually the frames will actually end up with people who want them or the people who bought them in the first place because it was they who thought frames were a good idea,and then everyones happy... except maybe you when you realise that nobody around you has any imagination and that its time put the baby in the papoose,grab the nappy bag and travel the big wide world where nobody's really that concerned with picture frames at all because they've better things to think about....but then that doesn't solve your problem either coz when you come back you'll have no frames to display your cool photos of your travels in because you gave them all away. At that stage you should have another baby, keep the new frames (and probably some of the ugly ones that are still doing the rounds and be grateful!!:D

Is your baby very ugly that you can't bear to put photos up around the place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

What's a good present then for new parents? My friends are starting to pop them out now and I'm keen to get useful and nice presents, which are also a bit different to the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

a good present would be baby blanket or some cool clothes for 9month - 1 year.

But even better is a voucher for one night's babysitting - any night of their choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

What about getting a gift for the new mother rather than the baby? The baby will be getting plenty of gifts already

A voucher for a massage or a bottle of expensive wine or something luxurious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

<snip>

c - 13 :We wont have any of that here, I wont warn again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

<snip>

far too young to shave or do general maintenence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭mel123

What i find always goes down well is a voucher for a photo place so they can get some nice pics done (to put in all them photo frames). I think its pixels in mothercare do vouchers and it is not too expensive for a couple of photos and then they can add money to get more done if they wish.
    Also i usually make up a basket for a new born, just buy some stuff like baby creams, soothers, blanket, candle etc in it, seems to go down well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

mel123 wrote:
    What i find always goes down well is a voucher for a photo place so they can get some nice pics done (to put in all them photo frames). I think its pixels in mothercare do vouchers and it is not too expensive for a couple of photos and then they can add money to get more done if they wish.
    Also i usually make up a basket for a new born, just buy some stuff like baby creams, soothers, blanket, candle etc in it, seems to go down well too.

Yup - or those hand and feet impressions that they do.. I think they're great.. my niece had her's done after she was a couple of months old and it's amazing to see the difference as she grows...

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

For the new parents - food. Seriously, get the tupperwear out & cook up a storm. From experience new mums forget to eat & have little time for cooking, but it's vital that they eat well (esp. if breastfeeding). When my son was born an uncle arrived over with stew & lasagne all portioned up & ready for the freezer - while we very much appreciated all the gererous gifts this was by far the most practical. Some nice PJ's & bath stuff for mum also goes down a treat & as already suggested make up a nice hamper for babs.

Congrats on the new arrival eamonn324 btw!

Advertisement