Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degree in Technology management

Options
  • 05-07-2007 4:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi, i am considering doing a courses in technology management. I currently have a NCEA Diploma in electronic engineering.
    I have looked around and i see that Tallagh IT have a part time course, Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Technology Management, i takes a year of 3 evenings a week, 4 hours each evening or the Postgraduate Diploma in Technology Management with Open univeristy.
    The 3 evenings a week seems very tough, where as the Open University might suit me better as i work shift work.
    Has anyone completed either of these courses, if so how were they?
    Also will the OU courses be a s good as the tallagh course i.e. is it recognised worldwide?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

cider wrote:
    Has anyone completed either of these courses, if so how were they?
    Also will the OU courses be a s good as the tallagh course i.e. is it recognised worldwide?
    Thanks

I didn't take that course, I did however teach a module on it. :)

It is a decent course, with a wide enough syllabus, a good blend of technology and management. Three nights a week is tough, though.

As for OU vs. Tallaght qualifications, both are equally well recognised worldwide. However, as is always the case with OU, have a look at the prices for Irish students - they tend to be quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cider

Do you know if i could claim tax relief for either of these courses

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think only undergraduate OU courses count for tax relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

BuffyBot wrote:
    I think only undergraduate OU courses count for tax relief.

Doesn't the IT Tallaght course also qualify? (as do all undergrad courses from recognised institutions in Ireland, don't they?)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

tom dunne wrote:
    Doesn't the IT Tallaght course also qualify? (as do all undergrad courses from recognised institutions in Ireland, don't they?)

To clarify, I meant that the OU post-grad wouldn't qualify for tax relief. I believe most undergrad courses in any recognised institution would.

• Advertisement
Advertisement