Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN Over Wireless

Options
  • 05-07-2007 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Folks, does anyone know of a combined ISDN Wirless Hub? My friend cant get broadband by dsl or wireless for at least another 6 to 8 months. They have ISDN Installed and use wireless laptops. I've used 3com ISDN Lan modems before and I could combine one with a wirelss access point but they're notorious for dialling up when you dont want them to! If there was an all in one solution I'd go for that! All help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Draytek do a few ...

http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/products.html

Look for the models with an 'i' at the end of their model name.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Its not the cheapest is it! Looking at €300 plus delivery!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

pablo21 wrote:
    Its not the cheapest is it! Looking at €300 plus delivery!!
    No, DrayTek's aren't the cheapest in the world, I'll give you that. They tend to be quite full-featured though with all kinds of nice features like QoS, VOIP, multiple VPN's, VLAN support etc. plus the wireless side tends to be very good, i.e. powerful.

Its not a problem if it would definitely do the job! I'll see if maybe d-link or trust do a cheaper version..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

I used to use an isdn router with an access point.. worked brilliantly before adsl cam in to my area..

• Advertisement

JohnnieM wrote:
    I used to use an isdn router with an access point.. worked brilliantly before adsl cam in to my area..

Did you have any issues with unwanted dialup fees? In situations like this before I've put the router on a timer and use a fixed rate fee for 30 or 40 hours a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Actually i did..The slightest thing msn, anti virus etc etc would cause it to connect. So i used to go in to the router configuration page connect and disconnect it myself..I forget the exact type of router i had i remember it was an ISDN barricade think 3 com made it but it a very simple set up / config which only took a couple of seconds to do.:)

I had the 3com one aswell and it was part of a medium sized network in a few places I was supporting that couldnt get Broadband. It worked very well but the only way to fix the cost was a price plan from eircom and a timer that knocked it off after 6pm in the evening! Left unattended on a multi user network it could run up a scary bill!

Advertisement